The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Strange Tasting Fishsticks has passed away (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4620 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Really, really sad news. I didn't read many of his posts, as he tended to post in other parts of the MC from me, but I remember his user ID, so I guess I must have read one or two.

It saddens me so much that a talented young man could have so little hope, when the future is still ahead of him.

May he Rest in Peace.

Doug
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1050 Posts

Profile of NFW
What a waste. RIP.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
This morning at services, we offered prayers for Kevin and his family. Also for the Magic Café members and staff, as we're all sad over the loss.
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1575 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
I never spoke to the guy, but, I'm sure he is at peace now.

Very sad & tragic.

RIP.
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4871 Posts

Profile of landmark
Condolences to Kevin's family and friends.
I am sorry he was in so much pain and couldn't hang on anymore.
To others: it gets better.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8689 Posts

Profile of harris
Thanks to all that reached out to Kevin on line, by phone and when he called us.

We never know how a person will see the words we use.

Artist, like other ordinary people sometimes face extra-ordinary problems.

My brain and heart are mixed, along with my thoughts.

Strangely it went to something I heard about another couple of artist. One who passed away in January.

His name is Clinton Detweiller. After seeing Terry Fators show, he hugged Terry and told him he was so proud of him. That reportedly was something Terry, never got that from his own father.

I don't come here to this section very often. Perhaps I should.

love and prayers,

brother Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
I conversed with Kevin several times in Pms here. He was such a nice person. Funny too! He always made me smile with the things he said to me. I loved his handle here too (best one on the Café). I had no idea anything was bothering him, so this is a shock to me, so tragic. Like everyone else here, my thoughts go out to him and his family.

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
rmann
View Profile
New user
Milton VT and a forum newbie with only
96 Posts

Profile of rmann
So sorry to hear about Kevin on logging in this morning. It always strikes home when something like this happens to someone with whom you have had contact, even if it was only through the medium of an Internet forum. You feel like you know them, but sometimes there is a lot more going on than you realize. My condolences to his family...may the God of all comfort be with them now and in the coming days. (2 Cor 1:3-5).
_

Pastor Ray Mann

Champlain Valley Church of the Nazarene

St. Albans, VT (USA)

"...to Him who alone does great wonders, His love endures forever." Ps 136:4
HerbS
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of HerbS
My head is spinning from this incident on many levels....there is so much that could be said, and of course the most important thing is concern for the family of our fellow Café Member.

Looking at this from a broader view, I was astounded, as I often am on the Café, by the level of acrimony that appeared in some of the posts in the threads connected to Kevin. I have noticed that anger and acrimony appear through the Magic Café much more than would be expected in a forum that should be about sharing and support. Disagreements develop in life on a regular basis. But even in the face of disagreement there is a way to deal with other people respectfully. So many of the conversations here eventually break down into insults and name calling. It isn't necessary. It may be hard at times to separate out anger from these conversations but it is important to do so. Take a breath. See if you can contribute something positive to a situation. I should say that some people did quite substantially try to support Kevin--directly and with uplifting message, and they should be role models for others here.

This community should be a positive and supportive place. Nobody's perfect and it is not easy to remain positive all the time - especially about topics over which we have strong feelings. I need to remind myself of these things regularly. But, come on, this is all supposed to be about fun.

I hope that Kevin Tejan can inspire us all to work on being positive influences in each other's lives.
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
727 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
So very sad to hear about it. It's got to be so very tough for his family right now.
RIP Kevin.
Bob.
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1359 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
Quote:
On 2013-04-13 16:47, Devious wrote:
Does anyone else have any funny stories to share about Kevin?

At one point he owned 16 pet rabbits! He didn't use them in his magic, just thought they were good pets.
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
Very sorry to hear about Kevin's passing. I didn't frequent the areas of the Café where he posted most, but I was aware of his efforts, and how open he was with his journey in magic, willing to learn at every step.
My condolences to his family, my thoughts are with you.
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1466 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
I was very saddened to hear of Kevin's passing.

May he rest in peace.

My thoughts are with him and his family.
"But there isn't a door"
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Kevin has 117 videos here of him performing. A tragic loss to the magic community.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fishsticks911/videos
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2013-04-15 15:17, spartacus wrote:
Kevin has 117 videos here of him performing. A tragic loss to the magic community.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fishsticks911/videos

I simply can't get through more than one, maybe two of his videos at a time. Nothing wrong with the videos, I am truly enjoying his magic, but it is just so thoroughly heartbreaking to watch, and be reminded of how much was lost.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10576 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Here is a mental health resource for education, for helping others and one's self too - its Canadian... but the info is generalizable... they actually make people take this at the UOIT as a requirement in first year health sciences.

http://mymindsight.uoit.ca

Having had my share of suicides of close friends, anything we can do to help make it easier to help people in the future is a good thing.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2834 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Well, that defeats the purpose of what I was just typing.
I'll post it anyways, I guess there's some that might be worth reading:

Not that it's really an issue, or pressing, but there are, I believe, three separate threads right now? Would it make sense to merge them?

Back on topic, I received a random email from someone claiming to have known STFS from another, non magic, forum. Don't know why they emailed me in particular, or where they got my email for that matter. Not that I'm trying to hide it. Is it visible into profile?

Any who, they said they tried to sign up here to post, but couldn't, however they were saying that, on the other forum, apparently, as well as all of the similar discussions, emotions, etc to what we are having here, members there have been trying to contact the police in the area to ask about what happened.

This person (they didn't mention thiir name, and I'm just realizing I don't know if they are a he, or a she, or other, so pardone the pronouns) said that the officials have been refusing to comment, or rather, confirm.
I'm not surprised by this, though they claimed that, once family has been notified, officials will comment when contacted. I don't know how true that is, but that's what was claimed.
Apparently this has cast doubt as to what happened, with some even speculating that this is an "attention seeking" attempt, suggesting that he faked this.
Any who, wasn't sure if I should bother to share it or not, but decided might as well. They made the effort to contact me about it, so, I decided to share.
I'm not sure if it's just denial/wishful thinking, skepticism, or pushing cynicism.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
I'm missing your point here gdw. If you are contacted again then refer them to the funeral home linked to by Laurie. If this thread goes south into conspiracy theories then perhaps it should just vanish. Please don't indulge yourself.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2834 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Gdw: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/bb_pr......ser=4639

I think it's a natural thought to occur. Elvis Presley comes to mind, yet again.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Strange Tasting Fishsticks has passed away (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.56 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL