The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Strange Tasting Fishsticks has passed away (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1447 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
I have never met him. Neither personally or on internet. No death is on time and each is early enough But in suc a young age it is even toooo early. May he rest in peace. I am really sorry to hear about his death. No word can change something. All we can do is to pray for him.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Condolences to all the friends and family who knew and loved him. I'm sorry for your loss. It's terribly sad and words escape me except to say you're in my thoughts.

C
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4289 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I'm now tearing up, I had just subscribed to his Youtube Channel a week ago and saw his video about how magic changed his life for the better, this in turn inspired me. His weight loss thoughout the videos was incredible and you could tell he was trying to work on himself. Terrible news...
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2013-04-19 16:46, Blindside785 wrote:
I'm now tearing up, I had just subscribed to his Youtube Channel a week ago and saw his video about how magic changed his life for the better, this in turn inspired me. His weight loss thoughout the videos was incredible and you could tell he was trying to work on himself. Terrible news...

One of the greatest tragedies about suicide is that such a momentary decision, a single instance of unbearable sadness, brought about by. ..Whatever. .. Has such permanent effects. For the victim, and for those who love them. Almost invariably, survivors of suicide attempts claim that it was the single worst decision of their lives, and are unimaginably thankful their attempt failed.
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3615 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Well, the act may have been momentary, but not necessarily the decision. Kevin was probably thinking about this for a very long time. He did not seem to be impetuous. I think he stuck with it as long as he could. I feel we are all rather "thrown" into life without much of an instruction sheet. We encounter many, many things in life that would cause any rational person to ask "why"? Perhaps Kevin gave this all the thought he could, but just decided the answer was seriously insufficient. Do not we all have free choice on that one?

Regards,

Jim
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2834 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
It was his choice to make and he owned it. I agree, at the very least let him have that much. If he had survived once more he may have been extremely thankful, as gaddy states. But his attempt succeeded this time, and there's a reason. I don't advocate for suicide. But I have no right to his choice. This is my opinion, for what it's worth.
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
“Nothing in life is worth,
turning your back on,
if you love it.”
― Albert Camus
ablanathanalba
View Profile
Loyal user
Can't really boast with only
257 Posts

Profile of ablanathanalba
Quote:
On 2013-04-20 16:01, magicalaurie wrote:
It was his choice to make and he owned it. I agree, at the very least let him have that much. If he had survived once more he may have been extremely thankful, as gaddy states. But his attempt succeeded this time, and there's a reason. I don't advocate for suicide. But I have no right to his choice. This is my opinion, for what it's worth.

Very well said. I agree.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2834 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Since I've said I don't advocate for suicide this should go without saying, but for the sake of clarity I'd like to add that Kevin's right to choose suicide as an option doesn't preclude another's right to choose (prior, during, or subsequent to his attempt) to actively advocate for his survival. Hope that's clear, again, for what it's worth.
Peace, Kevin.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8694 Posts

Profile of harris
God does give us free choice.

He also provided the Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth.

Harris
still 2 old to know everything....I leave that to the teenagers.....
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2834 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
I don't profess to be an expert, but I'll daresay I think the word "Instructions" can be misconstrued there.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5707 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
I hope he is in a better place.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
jayres
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of jayres
Rest in peace Kevin.
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1631 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
I'm sorry to hear of this. I haven't been on the Café much until recently. Very sad. Prayers for Kevin's family.
Magic is the bacon in the breakfast of life.

God bless you and have a magical day
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3001 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Saw Steve Brooke's message back in April and immediately thought of STFS, but then I checked his user profile and saw it was still active, so I thought, "good, at least it wasn't him..." Now I see that it was. Kevin was a beautiful young man - he had an earnestness and sense of wonder that came through in his posts and PMs. Looking at his YouTube videos now, it's also obvious that he was extremely talented. My mother was undiagnosed bipolar when I was growing up, so I have some appreciation for the daily struggle that some have despite their best efforts. That too came through in some of Kevin's posts. Very sad to hear that he took such permanent action during a down time. But all of that aside, he had a technical ability, work ethic, and the blessing of natural good looks and charisma that most only aspire to. Goodbye, Kevin.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5707 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
“Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?”

- Terry Pratchett -

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Wow. I remember his posts when he was starting out. Very sad indeed.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
I don't visit the forum like I used to. This is a shock.. RIP Fishsticks.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Strange Tasting Fishsticks has passed away (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.31 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL