The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Bomb Rips Boston Marathon Finish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..8..12..16..20..24..26~27~28 [Next]
Octopus Sun
View Profile
Special user
Wiggle Wiggle
586 Posts

Profile of Octopus Sun
So far 2 explosions and 3 dead at the Boston Marathon today
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yes scary stuff. I was hoping for an accident but it seems not.

I wish all well.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15933 Posts

Profile of tommy
Yes I was just watching the news. Coincidently I had just been watching the toy car bomb case here.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2108 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
Conflicting reports of bomb at JFK Library.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
196 Posts

Profile of R.S.
A third unexploded bomb found?

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
I have a couple of friends who went down to Boston for the race ... both are safe. I guess the one was still running when the bombs went off, her husband was a few blocks away spectating.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I am happy to hear they are ok.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
Sad news for any outdoor type sporting event. It's very difficult to secure an area like that.
Life of Magic!
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Dangerous world we live in. 9/11, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, North Korea and now a terrorist bombing at the Boston Marathon. What next?
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Saw the news and 6 in critical condition and over 132 injured. Heard suspect is in hospital under guard. That's all I know for now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-......red.html
Dennis Michael
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-04-15 19:57, Dennis Michael wrote:
Saw the news and 6 in critical condition and over 132 injured. Heard suspect is in hospital under guard. That's all I know for now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-......red.html

Differing reports on "suspect." I heard about a half hour ago that a "person of interest" was being observed in a hospital where being treated for injuries. Specifically reported that person was not a suspect, but possibly has knowledge or eyewitness account. Will be interesting to see how this develops.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Many runners went from competitors to heros and ran to hospitals to give blood. And of course many brave Citizens rushed towards the horror to help instead of away from it. For every act of evil, there are far more acts of bravery.
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
Quote:
On 2013-04-16 03:14, Zombie Magic wrote:
For every act of evil, there are far more acts of bravery.

Well said Zombie Well said.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5707 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2013-04-16 03:14, Zombie Magic wrote:
Many runners went from competitors to heros and ran to hospitals to give blood. And of course many brave Citizens rushed towards the horror to help instead of away from it. For every act of evil, there are far more acts of bravery.

In the darkest of ours there is always a glimmer of light.

RIP to the victims.

Sad day. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2729 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, ‘Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.’ To this day, especially in times of ‘disaster,’ I remember my mother’s words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers -so many caring people in this world.” --Mister Rogers

Tom
"Entrepreneurs are willing to work 80 hours a week to avoid working 40 hours a week"--Lori Greiner

www.tomboleware.com
smullins
View Profile
Special user
United States
674 Posts

Profile of smullins
I wasn't in the city (decided not to last minute) and had many brave friends working as law enforcement yesterday. Glad I have friends like that and lucky they were kept safe.

I hope everyone else here was as lucky as I was.
Shawn Mullins

www.MullinsMagic.com
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5707 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2013-04-16 10:00, TomBoleware wrote:
“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, ‘Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.’ To this day, especially in times of ‘disaster,’ I remember my mother’s words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers -so many caring people in this world.” --Mister Rogers

Tom

Wow, such a great lesson to teach a kid. Thanks, you made my day...

RIP to the victims again.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6724 Posts

Profile of Dougini
My sister was there. Not injured. Thank God. Saw it all. Quite upset as you can imagine. She's better today. Not good, my friends. Not good at all...

Doug
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27082 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
IMHO the bombing was utterly disrespectful to our citizens, visitors and the city to Boston. Smile

Strange place to test IED.

Sad place to push for increased security.

odd timing given the current fuss over guns.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15933 Posts

Profile of tommy
It's disturbing that there have been no credible claim of responsibility as yet. It seems to me if it was a political activist group then one wold expect them to claim responsibility. Which would give one some idea where to start looking for them. If it's some lone nut on other hand, then it is going be harder to catch him before he strikes again, perhaps. Anyway it's just more disturbing not even having any idea of the why of it. When we were being bombed by the IRA, just for example, it was bad but at least one had the idea of the why of it.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Bomb Rips Boston Marathon Finish (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..8..12..16..20..24..26~27~28 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL