The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Bomb Rips Boston Marathon Finish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..14..17..20..23..26~27~28 [Next]
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2013-04-20 16:07, LobowolfXXX wrote:

For the record, my point was intended to be simply that conspiracies involving Obama aren't only bought into by extreme right-wingers. The friend I was mentioning is neither left-wing nor right-wing.

Yes, I am sure that is true. But as far as I can tell, they do not all have equal access / opportunity when it comes to spreading their crazier conspiracy theories on popular nationally syndicated talk shows and news blogs. When I find these conspiracy theories online, more often than not they tend to turn up on far right blogs or "news" sites. But that may simply be because they do a better job of advertising, I don't know.

I'd actually love to know what some of the kookier, popular, far left blogs are (i.e., give me a few links if you have them). I'll add them to my daily reading list, so that I can better understand my U.S. neighbours. Smile
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2013-04-20 17:00, balducci wrote:
I'd actually love to know what some of the kookier, popular, far left blogs are (i.e., give me a few links if you have them). I'll add them to my daily reading list, so that I can better understand my U.S. neighbours. Smile

When you gaze into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:

Oh, I suspect you know lots of them. They probably just don't look all that far left to you.
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Quote:
mastermindreader wrote:

I agree, Lobo. Some conspiracy theorists belief that a secret group controls EVERYTHING and that the right and left wings are BOTH its puppets.
Bob Cassidy

Dude, reminds me of this game that my friends and I used to play called "Illuminati." It's a conspiracy game where you play one of the secret conspiracy groups and you use money and influence to gain control of various different groups in order to control and rule the world secretly unknown to everybody. In one game session we played, I was the conspiracy group that was secretly controlling both the Republican Party group and the Democratic Party group. Pretty funny! I was like "Holy Moly, is this how our politics really are in the real world!? Or is this 'just' a game?"
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2013-04-20 17:32, rockwall wrote:
Quote:

Oh, I suspect you know lots of them. They probably just don't look all that far left to you.

FWIW, dailykos is about as far left as I have seen ... so you mean to say that is as far left as it gets? I doubt it.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Hi Bob,

Of course we don't know all of the details, and perhaps we never will. I just thought it was interesting, that the terrorist they were looking for, slipped past the cordoned off perimeter, and was hiding. The whole city was locked down. When the curfew was lifted, a man went outside and saw something amiss. And that's how the terrorist was found.

It reminded me of an incident at a Frank Zappa concert some years ago, when some miscreant hurled a bottle on the stage. Mr. Zappa stopped the show, and asked everyone in the crowd to point towards where the bottled seemed to them to have come from. A huge circle of hands pointed out one guy. Who was arrested, I think.

I don't think these two terrorists acted entirely on their own. I hope that we can follow the cat back to where this specific plot started.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
How do people feel about the suspension of the captured fellow's Miranda rights?

Actually, maybe one of our local lawyers can answer this ... are the fellow's Miranda rights able to be suspended because of the Public Safety Exception dating back to 1984?

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/public......l_digest

Or is it more because of what Eric Holder enabled back circa 2010?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/10......174.html

"Attorney General Eric Holder said this weekend that the Obama administration would seek a new law to loosen the requirement that terrorism suspects be informed of their constitutional rights during interrogation. Holder made the statements on network news shows Sunday morning. The proposed legislation would undermine the Miranda requirement that was ruled to be a constitutional right by the U.S. Supreme Court, said the American Civil Liberties Union."

If the latter, talk about being prescient ... or ???
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
You might be interested in this article:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/......a-rights

Essentially, we lost our Miranda rights to executive order several years ago. Democracy in action.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
It is a fact that the FBI has been actively engaged in carrying out bomb plots in the United States, then halting them at the last minute to “catch the terrorists.”.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2013-04-20 23:50, tommy wrote:
It is a fact that the FBI has been actively engaged in carrying out bomb plots in the United States, then halting them at the last minute to “catch the terrorists.”.

Yes. The FBI has and does engage in undercover operations in which they have infiltrated terrorist groups or posed as fellow terrorists in order to thwart planned killings and arrest would-be killers.

It's part of their job.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Obviously the FBI has and does engage in undercover operations in which they have infiltrated terrorist groups or posed as fellow terrorists in order to thwart planned killings and arrest would-be killers. Of course in doing so things can go wrong. Which is why we have laws regarding entrapment and so on. People can be radicalised by the intelligence services and encouraged to commit acts they would not have done if it were not for being entrapped etc. Bearing in mind the fact that the Russians put the FBI onto this Chechnyan and all of that, then we can not exclude the possibility that the intelligence services were not inter twisted with him it seems to me.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Are you seriously suggesting there is a possibility that the FBI was behind the terrorist attack in Boston???

Really???
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2013-04-21 04:35, mastermindreader wrote:
Are you seriously suggesting there is a possibility that the FBI was behind the terrorist attack in Boston???

Really???

Bob, meet Tommy. Tommy, Bob Cassidy.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Obviously you can not read or understand what I said. Perhaps you should read more slowly.

Tommy
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-04-21 04:42, tommy wrote:
Obviously you can not read or understand what I said.

This part-

Quote:
...the fact that the Russians put the FBI onto this Chechnyan and all of that, then we can not exclude the possibility that the intelligence services were not inter twisted with him it seems to me.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
What part of that gets you to say:

"Are you seriously suggesting there is a possibility that the FBI was behind the terrorist attack in Boston???

Really???

Tommy
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

I'm glad to hear that you don't.

That quote made me wonder because it follows your discussion of entrapment and your previous post alleging that the FBI goes along with bomb plots just so they can "catch the terrorist" at the last minute.

Did you mean that we should consider that the FBI may have been aware of the plot BEFORE the bombing but somehow failed to stop it? Or, possibly, that they SHOULD have been aware of it?

Those are interesting questions.

I heard an interview with a former FBI agent today and he said that after the FBI learned from the Russians about the suspects possible terrorist connections that he was likely investigated.
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1609 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
Was this a premonition of the Boston marathon bombings?

http://www.psychicscience.org/premview.aspx#boston

Mike
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Well I doubt if the FBI were aware of this particular attack, otherwise they would stopped it or provided some none harmful device or whatever. However there is a possibility the FBI became aware he was a potential terrorist threat, by virtue of what they were told by the Russians etc. The FBI then may have mounted an undercover operation. Which may have included people posing as terrorists to get into him. While they in the doing he may have committed this act without the knowing about it. There are risks in doing such undercover operations, in relation to entrapment. Things can go wrong as I said. Anyone can do a little research on that subject and see for themselves. Google: Entrapment Terror FBI. I personally have some experience with undercover police and I have a pal who was anarmy intelligence officer who's main job it was to infiltrate terrorist groups in India. Which does not mean I claiming to be expert in any of it.

Tommy
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
According to their mother, the older terrorist was under FBI surveillance for 5 years, and was told by FBI agents that he was considered an extremist leader. There are reports that they were alerted to him by Russian security services. Apparently, they decided he was not a threat. This does appear to be a security and intelligence failure. According to reports in the English press, the FBI is currently looking for a 12-man terror team that apparently trained these two terrorists.

Quote:
The FBI was last night hunting a 12-strong terrorist “sleeper cell” linked to the Boston marathon bomb brothers.

Police believe Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev were specially trained to carry out the devastating attack.

More than 1,000 FBI operatives were last night working to track down the cell and arrested a man and two women 60 miles from Boston in the hours before Dzhokhar’s dramatic capture after a bloody shootout on Friday.

A source close to the investigation said: “We have no doubt the brothers were not acting alone. The devices used to detonate the two bombs were highly sophisticated and not the kind of thing people learn from Google.

“They were too advanced. Someone gave the brothers the skills and it is now our job to find out just who they were. Agents think the sleeper cell has up to a dozen members and has been waiting several years for their day to come.”

But my real question is, if the captured terrorist is not executed, when do you think Columbia University will make him an "Adjunct Professor" of Social Work?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Bomb Rips Boston Marathon Finish (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..14..17..20..23..26~27~28 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL