The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Double Faced Super Triple Coin... WHAT!!! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1699 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Poop is poop, no matter how ingenious the process (digestion) behind it.
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1576 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2013-04-16 17:45, Al Desmond wrote:
I "dismissed" nothing about his inventiveness. If you read my comment above I even said " I love the idea behind these coins, I don't love the execution of the props." I'm talking about a prop... a product... not his ideas.

I never wrote that you dismissed anything. In fact, I agree with you to an extent. I would say that most of my Johnny Wong gaffs are merely serviceable, not outstandingly made. I just choose to support the guy, knowing that perhaps the next great thing is going to come from his very inventive "little grey cells".
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1576 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2013-04-16 18:03, Ray Haining wrote:
Poop is poop, no matter how ingenious the process (digestion) behind it.

?
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1454 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On 2013-04-16 18:04, BanzaiMagic wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-04-16 17:45, Al Desmond wrote:
I "dismissed" nothing about his inventiveness. If you read my comment above I even said " I love the idea behind these coins, I don't love the execution of the props." I'm talking about a prop... a product... not his ideas.

I never wrote that you dismissed anything. In fact, I agree with you to an extent. I would say that most of my Johnny Wong gaffs are merely serviceable, not outstandingly made. I just choose to support the guy, knowing that perhaps the next great thing is going to come from his very inventive "little grey cells".


Well... I guess I have added to the canon of "how to possibly fix Johnny Wong's Double Face Super Triple Coin and make the prop usable." I've order the optically clear teflon tape I found above. If that doesn't work, I may go with the mouse tape on the sticker side and forgo using the Chinese coin side in a routine or I can simply put these away and go on.
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1576 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2013-04-16 18:10, Al Desmond wrote:
I guess I have added to the canon of "how to possibly fix Johnny Wong's Double Face Super Triple Coin and make the prop usable." I've order the optically clear teflon tape I found above.


Admirable. I look forward to reading about the results of your efforts.

Cheers,

Alan
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1576 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Al,

I also thank you for adding so many references to "poop" in this thread. You can never have too many "poop" references.
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1454 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On 2013-04-16 18:18, BanzaiMagic wrote:
Al,

I also thank you for adding so many references to "poop" in this thread. You can never have too many "poop" references.


It works for South Park... and they're famous.
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1576 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2013-04-16 18:19, Al Desmond wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-04-16 18:18, BanzaiMagic wrote:
Al,

I also thank you for adding so many references to "poop" in this thread. You can never have too many "poop" references.


It works for South Park... and they're famous.


Quite true!
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1699 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
I've never purchased any of Johnny Wong's gaffed coin sets, so I have no first-hand experience with his products. But I would like to know what is meant when it is said that they are "serviceable"--meaning they don't work quite right and have to be tinkered with?

Another point is that the person who sold this set had to know there were problems. You can say the person who originally bought it didn't know there were problems with it, and so they are under no obligation to inform the next buyer, but to my mind, that is dishonest. Because he no doubt did know.
kcquinn50
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of kcquinn50
Al, you had a great idea about printing the stickers on teflon disks. Hopefully Johnny sees this thread and does just that. I have read these threads and wondered if that would be a good solution - not owning a set myself, I didn't know. I do have split coin and cartel coins. No problems with them. I've heard supercoin magnet is very strong but haven't seen complaints about using it. Apparently it is the paper that makes it an issue with double face and super triple face.

I agree that the product should come usable, not require "fixing".
Kelvin
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1576 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2013-04-16 23:25, Ray Haining wrote:
I've never purchased any of Johnny Wong's gaffed coin sets, so I have no first-hand experience with his products. But I would like to know what is meant when it is said that they are "serviceable"--meaning they don't work quite right and have to be tinkered with?

My definition of serviceable is that the gaff generally serves its purpose. I would rate the machining of the gaff sets I have from Johnny Wong as quite good (good fit, excellent coverage, etc), but there are other known irritating qualities on many of my Johnny Wong sets that make me reluctant to rate his work as excellent. One example of which has been discussed on this thread. On his signature Split coins, the Teflon? material he uses is of lower quality than is found on other gaffs I own and sometimes cause some sticking (but then, that is something easily rectified). I have no such problems with my split coins from Roy Kueppers. Perhaps this has something to do with availability of certain materials where Johnny makes his gaffs.
PhilMagicGuy
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of PhilMagicGuy
Hi all,

I was looking at this feed after I'd ordered my DFSTC and it has just arrived.

I wanted to say it works fine right out of the package. No sliding issues, no weird pressure needed, and my hands are relatively dry (someone mentioned that may be part of the issue above).

It's possible he's improved it since the original release, or maybe some of them just come out better than others??
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1454 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On 2013-08-01 11:09, PhilMagicGuy wrote:
Hi all,

I was looking at this feed after I'd ordered my DFSTC and it has just arrived.

I wanted to say it works fine right out of the package. No sliding issues, no weird pressure needed, and my hands are relatively dry (someone mentioned that may be part of the issue above).

It's possible he's improved it since the original release, or maybe some of them just come out better than others??


FYI

Here was my solution to my problem. And a lot of Café member went ahead and purchased this teflon tape to make their coin slide smoother.

Quote:
Is this thread for sticker talk only... or general new tips and tricks about DFSTC... because I would like to add the link to the optically clear teflon tape...

http://www.amazon.com/CS-Hyde-Optically-......00REI90W

... which can fix a whole lot of the problems with "sticky" stickers (if you're stickers are sticky).


It works like a charm
Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of Bambu
Thanks you Al Desmond for finding a solution for the DFSTC, and like you said... it works as a charm.
attken
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of attken
I’d like to buy this type too, but is it fit on dollar size DFSTC?
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6884 Posts

Profile of bowers
Yes it will.
Doug Follett
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of Doug Follett
attken
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of attken
It's looks like a great substitute of CS Hyde Optically Tape , I will like to take a try.
lithyem
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
311 Posts

Profile of lithyem
Good idea Dough - I was thinking graphite lube (dry powder) might work too. Fact is those coins are garbage.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6884 Posts

Profile of bowers
I beg the differ sir...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Double Faced Super Triple Coin... WHAT!!! (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL