The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Double Faced Super Triple Coin... WHAT!!! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4182 Posts

Profile of videoman
The Teflon tape lasts a super long time and protects the stickers. It's clean and odor free. You cannot tell which coin it has been applied to. The amount you get will outlive the coins.
I wouldn't mess around with any powders or greasy stuff.
They may work fine but will likely have other disadvantages, such as messiness, frequent applications, affect the printing on the stickers, etc.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2612 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On 2013-08-26 21:28, bowers wrote:
I beg the differ sir...

I do as well!
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2612 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On 2013-08-26 22:21, videoman wrote:
The Teflon tape lasts a super long time and protects the stickers. It's clean and odor free. You cannot tell which coin it has been applied to. The amount you get will outlive the coins.
I wouldn't mess around with any powders or greasy stuff.
They may work fine but will likely have other disadvantages, such as messiness, frequent applications, affect the printing on the stickers, etc.

I tape all three!

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4182 Posts

Profile of videoman
I don't tape all of them because I find it advantageous to have a stronger pull for one pair than another in my routine.
But it's up to the user of course. Whatever does the trick so to speak.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2612 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On 2013-08-31 19:54, videoman wrote:
I don't tape all of them because I find it advantageous to have a stronger pull for one pair than another in my routine.
But it's up to the user of course. Whatever does the trick so to speak.

To each his own, for sure!

PhilMagicGuy
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of PhilMagicGuy
I've been playing around with my DFSTC a lot lately, and have put it into a few shows. This is a silent version of the routine I've been performing. Thought I'd share, and would of course be happy to hear some feedback.

http://magicintoronto.com/artcl/magician_videos.html

At the moment it's the first video in a video gallery section of my website. Hopefully I'll be adding more to this page later, so in case it's not right on top when you click the link, it's titled: "Coins From Nowhere, Once and Again
"
jmagic
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of jmagic
Nice routine short and smooth. You did a great job.
No extra funny looking moves.This is the way a coin routine should be performed.
Keep up the good work. Joe
Magician Shaun
View Profile
Special user
Huntington BCH, CA
918 Posts

Profile of Magician Shaun
I am seriously considering getting the Morgan version of this from Joe Mogar. Does anyone have it? Can you comment on the quality? How does this differ from Johnny Wong's Spectacular coin?
jconstantine
View Profile
Special user
Long Island New York
566 Posts

Profile of jconstantine
I had the joe mogar version of this coin set and it is superb.
Misdirect yourself regularly before you attempt to misdirect others!!! Smile Smile Smile
Magician Shaun
View Profile
Special user
Huntington BCH, CA
918 Posts

Profile of Magician Shaun
Thank you jconstantine. I have been in contact with Joe and I am going to buy this from him as soon as I get the funds together for it. I can see it in my walk around set now.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6870 Posts

Profile of bowers
I have Joes super triple set in morgens.
And the quality is excellent.
Todd
Pete McCabe
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Pete McCabe
I just (two weeks ago) got a Double Sided Super Triple Coin set in Morgan dollars from Joe. It is excellent and works perfectly right out of the package.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6870 Posts

Profile of bowers
Joes dfstc slide's so well I didn't even need
to apply any Teflon tape.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5293 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
That's good. I wonder what he's doing differently than Johnny Wong, whose coins are extremely difficult to slide apart.

Jim
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6870 Posts

Profile of bowers
Its either the magnet strength or placement of them Jim.
But they do slide apart very nicely and still hold togeather well too.
Todd
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I was very curious about this. Saw it demoed recently at a convention. Looked horrible, nothing like real halves or Chinese coins. Glad I waited.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3026 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Pepka, I'm surprised a I owned the original in halves, moved to Morgans and now the Double sided and they are excellent.
3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6870 Posts

Profile of bowers
Me too.all of my wong versions were of great quality.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5293 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
If you work very close-up and work slowly with the coins, then they probably will be noticed as not being real. But working say, a 3-Fly routine at maybe four feet away, they look just ifne IMO.

Jim
Dentian
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of Dentian
I've purchased STCs from Joe Mogar and Roy Kueppers. To start off, both gaffers have excellent customer service. The quality of the coins themselves are pretty much the same, however, In terms of dollar sized STCs (the ones I got) I am leaning slightly more towards Roy's work. This is mainly because his coins are slightly more thinner when stacked together (not as thin as Johnny Wong's), but also because when his coins slide together, there isn't the little 'sweet spot' where the coins are slightly not aligned due to the magnetics. Also, in terms of the dollar sized STCs, Roy's costs $35 less. But on the other hand, for half dollar ones, Joe's costs $10 less (silver dollars and silver half dollars).

In the end, which gaffer you choose is really up to you. I have many items from Roy, and they are all excellent. I only have Joe's STC, but that is great as well!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Double Faced Super Triple Coin... WHAT!!! (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL