The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Sherlockian (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1751 Posts

Profile of cirrus
After watching Sherlock and other series with sherlock (and being a long time fan of the mentalist series)...
I'm going to develop a more dark character (next to my Wizard-character).

I have an interest in Serial killers and love to read about them..., I also like to read people.. so It's going to be a blend of some aspects of me.

I already made some decisions on which effects I'm going to order (off course a few outlaw effects-stuff).

I'm going to combine memory feats, with classic mentalism effects... in my own character... I have been thinking about this for some time now, and after watching sherlock and the mentalist I have set on my character some what... the fun this is..; I can do it anywhere... anytime... with nothing on me, to get them interested... and once my audience is interested... I hook them some more.

I will keep you guys posted...
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Might want to have a look at Paul's Sherlock routines if you don't have it already. Luke Jermay's memory manuscript is very good if you want a memorized deck effect.

http://www.lybrary.com/the-ghost-of-sher......id=25190
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Oh, I thought you were talking about Sherlock Holmes...

Are you?
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1751 Posts

Profile of cirrus
Quote:
On 2013-04-17 13:49, Pakar Ilusi wrote:

Are you?

I am...
I want to give my audience the feeling on how it feels when someone like Sherlock Holmes is in the room with them...
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
How about Dr. Watson?

He is also in the Act?
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Quote:
On 2013-04-17 14:28, cirrus wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-04-17 13:49, Pakar Ilusi wrote:

Are you?

I am...
I want to give my audience the feeling on how it feels when someone like Sherlock Holmes is in the room with them...

Well if your going off the TV series they generally feel condescended, annoyed, angry, inadequate, stupid, cross, generally negative emotions. Just an idea you might want to ask advice in penny.
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1751 Posts

Profile of cirrus
I'm not going to do a direct copy... as in make them feel bad...
I'm going to show them the skills it takes to do something like that... not make them feel bad...
I want to show them how easily it is to read things of them...
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Are you going to use cocaine/opium ? Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
GeoffreyD
View Profile
Loyal user
Canberra, Australia
244 Posts

Profile of GeoffreyD
...and play the violin at 2am to annoy your neighbours? Smile
Cheers
Geoffrey
www.dark-myst.com.au
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Cocaine-opium anda violin at 2 am, sounds like my neighbor Smile
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
This guy,ROCKS! Smile

Is,he your Neighbor?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqimpdBzTXA

Cirrus, still waiting to see you in complete costume! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
Well if your going off the TV series they generally feel condescended, annoyed, angry, inadequate, stupid, cross, generally negative emotions. Just an idea you might want to ask advice in penny.

:lol:
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
You may like our take on Holmes

http://www.todd-landman.com/?page_id=1309

Alienism, spiritualism, psychic phenomena, deduction, deception and more...
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
I have been wondering how the posters here feel about the recent twist in Televisions Sherlock. Specifically the fact that Watson is a woman, and their new house keeper ( Ms. Hudson) is a transvestite/ transsexual.

Kotah
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1751 Posts

Profile of cirrus
Quote:
On 2013-04-18 08:01, KOTAH wrote:
I have been wondering how the posters here feel about the recent twist in Televisions Sherlock. Specifically the fact that Watson is a woman, and their new house keeper ( Ms. Hudson) is a transvestite/ transsexual.

Kotah

That's the american take on it... in the series Elementary... I like the bbc series Sherlock much more.. It follows the books almost literary and just gives it an updated touch
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Love Sherlock, I have often thought about doing an act based on him, but working the Hotel scene here I havee a lot of nationalities in the audience, so I would have to do all visual things which isn't the style I work in, shame because I would love to do some Holmes effects.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Ben_cardall
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Ben_cardall
I have pretty much based most of life on getting similar skills and attributes like the main man himself, Mr Holmes! I have a couple of pdfs out on this topic too.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Check out Colin McLeod as the "Forensic Mind Reader", he definitely has a Sherlockian vibe but has made it his own.
His book Divine is not to be missed by the way.
Seriously...don't miss it.
Doc Ben
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix, AZ
261 Posts

Profile of Doc Ben
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2013, cirrus wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-04-18 08:01, KOTAH wrote:

Kotah

Love the BBC series with Jeremy Brett et al as closest to the originals with Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce...!!

That's the american take on it... in the series Elementary... I like the bbc series Sherlock much more.. It follows the books almost literary and just gives it an updated touch
Smile
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain" (the original F. Baum)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Sherlockian (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL