The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Best effect to win money (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
bigdunk007
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of bigdunk007
What’s the best scam/magic trick to win money?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Shell game Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
David Le
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
365 Posts

Profile of David Le
The Question Divination
Psychic Surgery
3 Card Monte
Smile
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Two headed or tailed quarter (state quarters.)
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Insomniacs Dream
View Profile
New user
Port Glasgow in scotland
67 Posts

Profile of Insomniacs Dream
Any monte efect... you should look up Paul Zennon's 100 ways to win a tenner!!! It's all "gambling" effects

alan
If i never sleep wy does it feel like im dreaming
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
A well practiced monte game using beermaths will win you a lot of money... (guess you'll give it back since it's just for fun) right?
Smile
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
MagicAndBlackjack
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of MagicAndBlackjack
Well if you are doing this for someone who already knows you are a magician, then you probably won't win too much money. Although, if you do the tricks for someone who doesn't know you, then you could win some money.
I would do the three card monte. Never fails.
Jay
View Profile
Elite user
Northern New Jersey
406 Posts

Profile of Jay
Don't forget about "Fast and Loose"! The age-old scam is rather under-exposed currently and while most people have heard of three-card monte, almost no one knows about Fast and Loose. I have been playing this with people for a while, and no one has ever beat me yet! Smile

The School for Scoundrels book on the subject is comprehensive, and delves deeply into the psychology behind the scam. That is: If you do it right, people will WANT to place a bet against you.

Of course, the outcome is firmly under your thumb the whole time, and no one wins unless you want them to. The cool thing is that it seems SO FAIR. Whit Haydn has put out a great item here!

Disclaimer: I assume no responsibility if you beat someone out of their lunch money and they are bigger than you.

Jay Smile
aposjf12
View Profile
New user
New York City
96 Posts

Profile of aposjf12
Shell game
domclarke
View Profile
Regular user
Windsor, UK
147 Posts

Profile of domclarke
Second recommendation for Paul Zenon's 100 ways to win a tenner - best book on bar scams I've seen - and cheap as well!
John Smetana
View Profile
???? - 2009
499 Posts

Profile of John Smetana
Quote:
On 2003-12-03 09:47, domclarke wrote:
Second recommendation for Paul Zenon's 100 ways to win a tenner - best book on bar scams I've seen - and cheap as well!

Does anyone know if this book is available here in the states? Please let us know..thanks

Best thoughts,
John Smetana Smile
kilgourpower
View Profile
New user
London
72 Posts

Profile of kilgourpower
The money in the matchbox trick. It's more of a con. I like the fact that it's done with the "victim's" consent as you walk away with their hard earned cash!

I usually give the money back.
Usually. Smile
Shenaniganz
View Profile
New user
Cypress, CA
100 Posts

Profile of Shenaniganz
I made $60 one night in a bar floating money. I did it the first time with my own $1 bill, and when the requests came to see it again, I refused... until they started saying I could keep the money. I said I needed a 5, then a 10....
MagicAndBlackjack
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of MagicAndBlackjack
Quote:
On 2003-12-14 12:24, Shenaniganz wrote:
I made $60 one night in a bar floating money. I did it the first time with my own $1 bill, and when the requests came to see it again, I refused... until they started saying I could keep the money. I said I needed a 5, then a 10....

Hahaha.
Keith Yeung
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Keith Yeung
How about magically changing their borrowed $20 into a $1 bill and magically returning the $1 bill to them? Smile
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
The shell game, or and 3 card monte. I use Michal Skinner's U3CM .
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
MarkFarrar
View Profile
Veteran user
U.S.A.
376 Posts

Profile of MarkFarrar
Does pickpocketing count? Smile
Mark S. Farrar

Email: [email]MarkFarrar@TheMagicCircle.co.uk[/email]
Web: www.MagicSquaresBook.com, www.RandMPublishing.com, www.TheDailyGoalMachine.com, www.ParvoBuster.com
JordanB
View Profile
Special user
dallas, tx
626 Posts

Profile of JordanB
How about the circus card trick? That one is hilarious to me.
Dbzkid999
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
407 Posts

Profile of Dbzkid999
Any kind of Monte are the best for me.
Brian D
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Brian D
My brother used to take my Scotch&Soda to school and fllece his classmates. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Best effect to win money (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL