The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Getting Started (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
There is a new illusion available from Peter Laughran called "Fenced In". It is similar in style (but not in method) to Andrew Mayne's "Razorwire". This can be purchased relatively inexpensively directly from Peter...and I believe they also have an option to do it with chains rather than bungee cords.

I have the plans for Razorwire and can attest that it is incredibly easy to make (I haven't made it yet, though) and to perform. The key to making this effect a fooler is going to simply be practice. It is designed to be done as a one man illusion.

I think Fenced In is a bit more of a fooler, and it can be done (must be done, actually) with two assistants.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8361 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Another 2 cents worth of advice...

Buy your Disecto from Abbotts!
I've been using Disecto since 1946. Abbotts is well made and will stand the gaff of the road. I used my first one about 25 years on the road. The second one is still working, although I no longer use every show.
Be sure to wipe down the blade with damp rag ever show--keep the blade from getting stained.

Carrots, celery, bread sticks work fine
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Getting Started (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL