The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Card tricks for TV interview (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hady.87
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of hady.87
Hey folks
I met last week a TV show presenter and she told me that she will call me in the couple weeks to host me on her TV show.
I am a close up and corporate magician and I have a larrrrrge collection of dvds and books but what I am searching for and tricks that can be done thru a phone call (but I don't know where to start from and which magician covers such situation) .

of course I will do some magic for her and maybe for other guests, but in her show she will take some phone calls from viewers and I might be asked to do some magic for them.

what came first to mind was the invisible deck and ACAAN, I think they will be one of the best tricks to do but what else I can do in such situation

Help will be highly appreciated
www.hadyakiki.com
will turn your mind upside down
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3659 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Invisible deck, any counting trick where the spectator/ phone person gives you a number to locate a symbol, card, object etc, There are many forces out there. You could ask the amount of change in their pocket to arrive at a number ie. how many coins they have, or if you can use a writer go for the total $ amount. Even the newpaper strip where the phone spectator tells you were to stop to cut, and the host verifies your predictaion with the line cut at.

Blair
hady.87
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of hady.87
Thank you Blair Smile, I am wondering if the is any book/DVD which covers such type of magic .
magic that can be done on TV with spectators using phone calls
any recommendations ?
www.hadyakiki.com
will turn your mind upside down
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
736 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3659 Posts

The only book that I know that discusses this sort of magic in particular is a book on Dunninger's brainbusters, these were special "effects" that were used during his radio performances.

Because you say she is taking calls while "on the air" anything which you could do that a phone spectator could give you directions for would be good.

Blair
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7514 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Maybe one of these products might have ideas:

http://www.magicinspirations.net/radiomagic.htm

http://www.niltech.net/radio.html

It seems like they might cover phone calls, as well as radio magic, which may fit to your performing conditions on TV.

I don't have either product, but they've been mentioned on other threads in that past.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
jlibby
View Profile
Inner circle
1034 Posts

Profile of jlibby
On the second half of this recording, John Wade discusses radio magic and touches on TV magic. He gives some suggestions for good tricks to use. Excellent advice on this recording:

http://www.lybrary.com/how-to-compere-ra......911.html

Joe Libby
San Antonio, TX
Grab your FREE preview of my ebook
Panel Board Coin Magic: Easy Magic with the Best Coin Trick You've NEVER Seen!

Visit this page for all the details, to sign up, and get instant access:
https://joelibbyseminars.com/panelboardebookpreview/
MickNZ
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
575 Posts

Profile of MickNZ
Quote:
On 2013-04-18 06:21, hady.87 wrote:
Hey folks
I met last week a TV show presenter and she told me that she will call me in the couple weeks to host me on her TV show.
I am a close up and corporate magician and I have a larrrrrge collection of dvds and books but what I am searching for and tricks that can be done thru a phone call (but I don't know where to start from and which magician covers such situation) .

of course I will do some magic for her and maybe for other guests, but in her show she will take some phone calls from viewers and I might be asked to do some magic for them.

what came first to mind was the invisible deck and ACAAN, I think they will be one of the best tricks to do but what else I can do in such situation

Help will be highly appreciated

Since you say you're a 'closeup and corporate magician' then I'd recommend doing something from your current repertoire not trying to do something new Smile
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3659 Posts

I am sure when he does his close-up and corporate work it is "in person" and not with someone on a phone, which I believe is what he is asking about here. It also has to "translate" well for a t.v. audience.

B
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2944 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
I remember doing Card Warp on TV a long time ago. It can be shown up close
and you don't have to worry about slow motion playback, something you have
to be careful with on TV. Not perfect for radio, just a thought fot the TV part.

Tom
The Daycare Magician Book
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/amazekids/the-daycare-magician/

When you come to the point where you have no need to impress anybody, your freedom will begin.
Daniel Ulzen
View Profile
Elite user
Berlin/Germany
403 Posts

Profile of Daniel Ulzen
The german magician Wittus Witt did lots of interactive magic tricks in german television and published a video and a 60-pages-pdf about his experiences and tricks - but the material is in german lamguage.

http://www.magiccenterharri.com/catalog/pdf/143-Werry.pdf
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
736 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
INVISIBLE DECK!!!!!!!! Enough said.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Card tricks for TV interview (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL