The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Checking in... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Greetings fellow Magi and Performers of the Street;

Yes, I'm still alive.
I'm even still sane (mostly).

Forgive my absence, It's been an extraordinarily difficult period since Kim passed in December. Four months later and only now have I hit the point where I don't cry simply thinking about her. Fortunately, I've had a very close friend that has kept my cookies from crumbling since December.

For the most part, I have withdrawn from regular performing for the moment to completely re-work my act, polish old material, script new material and generally work on my skills. I've also been building... something interesting and unique in the world of street performing/magic. Details upcoming; construction is 90% complete and I'll soon enter the testing phase- then to build a set piece/act. I'm excited about the possibilities.

I wanted to check in, as you all have been on my mind of late; and to thank you all again for your support during this hellish time.

Fear not, I shall return.

Carpe Diem,

Christophe'
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
You go boy! I can't wait to hear about your new project.
Thanks for checking in mate, check your voice mail kid!
Like The Phoenix hermano.....Like The Phoenix!

Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
Welcome back. My cookies nearly crumbled when my Dad past in 2012. This is not a I know haw you feel and this is what you should do reply. it just a reply of support good to have you back even if you cookies are a bit crumpled. Pleases tell your friend their amazing!

And you little tease a new street idea I cant wait.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
Motley Mage
View Profile
Special user
572 Posts

Profile of Motley Mage
Ekuth and Devious-

God bless you both as you move ahead. You have been missed...
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Holy craptasticus! Yes, I just made that up, but it is great to see you back here Ekuth! Glad to hear you are doing well and I hope you keep in touch - at the very least with Dev so he can update me during our regular chats!
troppobob
View Profile
Veteran user
Crescent Head Australia
372 Posts

Profile of troppobob
G'day Christophe
Welcom back to the Café.
I wish you all the best on your journey and look forward to news of your progress.
Bob Latta (aka Troppo Bob)
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1452 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Christophe' and Devious. You both have outstanding courage. I really miss your posts. Glad to see you are both alive and moving forward.

Ray
Mentalism in Ontario.
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Update:

Actually doing much much better now. God has truly had his hands on me of late.
People have re-entered my life I thought were gone forever. Old wounds have begun to heal that I never thought would.

I'm eating and sleeping again at last, thank goodness.

Best of all... and oddly enough... I've also found love again. I was introduced to a lady who lost her husband 5 years ago and also has two children. To say that we 'clicked' is like saying a thumbtip is a versatile piece of apparatus. We're already discussing long term, and are utterly comfortable around each other. Truly, an honest, nurturing relationship that I'm not ashamed to say is even more deep than that I had with Kim.

I had thought my dream was over.
It turns out it has only begun.

Lesson to be learned: Even in the blackest of times, just have faith and the Lord will open a window where you least expect it.

I am healed.
I am happy.
I have found joy again.

Bliss. Utter bliss.

I am truly truly a blessed man; blessed in life, in love and in all of my good friends here.

Best,

Christophe'
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Edit: My lady love has corrected me... she was engaged, not married. My bad.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Congratulations to you, good Sir! If anyone deserves it, it is you and your family! I wish the best for you, and at the very least, now you are in a good state of mind to really put your recent magical education to work in the way that you want.

Great to hear from you again, and keep it coming!
troppobob
View Profile
Veteran user
Crescent Head Australia
372 Posts

Profile of troppobob
G'day Christophe'
Thanks for the update - nice to hear the good news - all the best on your journey.
BTW are you performing any magic these days?????
Bob Latta (aka Troppo Bob)
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Thanks for the well wishes, guys.

I'm still polishing out the final mechanical issues on the project I hinted at above; as well as working a new set piece for it.
It turned out to be a weee bit more complex than I had initially thought- but as this is the working prototype, I expected some bugs.

I still busk from time to time to keep myself out there, and I'm re-working my website and booking process within the next couple of weeks.

Basically, I've been taking all of the time and energy I have available to take the knowledge I learned at Mystery School and put it to good use. Almost a year since I went, and I'm *still* going through it. So much information, so much quality advice, it's literally taken this long to integrate it all. Then I go back over my notes and video again and find something I missed before...

If any of you have the opportunity to go, don't hesitate. Truly a life changing experience, for which I'm profoundly grateful, despite it happening during one of the most painful and turbulent periods I've ever been through.

It just goes to show that we are all threads in the tapestry of life; our threads cross with others and may tangle; but we cannot see the pattern- only the Weaver can.

Best to all!
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Devious and Ekuth- I'm sorry to hear of the loss you have both suffered.

God bless you both going forward. I'll say a prayer for you guys.
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Checking in... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL