The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Floods (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Wow Michael, that's close. The flooding was covered on the news tonight and it still looks bad. Hope you're still dry. Do talk to your State Farm folks; mine is with Allstate, but they all go through the government anyway, since it is through FEMA.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2653 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
How close are you to the river? Looks like you're in a beautiful spot! Praying that the water stays back!
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2755 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Hang in there Michael.

Wishing you the best,
Tom
"Entrepreneurs are willing to work 80 hours a week to avoid working 40 hours a week"--Lori Greiner

www.tomboleware.com
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2013-04-22 21:49, Andrew Zuber wrote:
How close are you to the river? Looks like you're in a beautiful spot! Praying that the water stays back!

Hey Andrew,

There are 7 lots on my street. I am the 2nd as you enter the subdivision. At this time the 1st 4 lots are dry, the last 3 are in water. I used to live on the 6th lot. That house burned down years ago, and it's just an empty lot now. There are 4 more parallel streets in the neighborhood and two connecting streets, one at the front one at the back. Same basic story on those other streets.

Beyond the last house there is a small wooded area owned by the park district, then the river. Right now, I'm about 50 yards from the water, normally about 200 yards. Yes, it's very nice and peaceful down here. There is a marina across the street from me on the other side of the fence.

It appears the crest has been reduced a bit, and we're about there. Lots of folks will be looking forward to getting back in their homes, but not the clean up.

We should be praying for them.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
How are you and your neighbors doing Michael?

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quiet here today. Modest rain all day, so not much activity. I talked to the guy whose house is next in line to get wet and he said he's fine. The river crested today at 29.35 feet. It will recede now. Lots of folks with a lot of clean-up about to start happening.

The city overall was very well organized about doing things from the civil engineering end, and helping those who need it.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I just found these photos.

http://blogs.pjstar.com/eye/2013/04/22/p......the-air/

The shots of Rt. 29 are where I live, although no photos of my neighborhood. The Ivy Club (near the bottom of the page) is about 1/4 mile south of me.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Those photos tell the story. Happy to hear you and your neighbors are safe, but sad for the heartache the others will face. I can't imagine having to deal with that kind of destruction in the home in which you live and love.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Floods (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL