The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Once upon a time... » » Experiment in communial stories (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
I was wondering if we could develop multiple stories abit at a time.
I'll start the story with 1A, which means 1st line of story A. The next person would start (whether its a sentence or a paragraph) as 2A, 2nd line of story A, followed by 3A ect...
When you see the next letter it means the story is splitting at that line giving the next person a choice of 2 stories to follow.

Example:

1A Everything seemed normal from the outside.
2A Frankie slowly opened the door.
3A He could smell a trap, it was what he was trained for.
or
3B No one moved until she turned on the lights then all as one yelled "SURPRISE"

The next person now has a choice of following with 4A, the original story or 4B, the spin off.

Who knows it could be fun...or not. Either way here goes.

1A SILENCE... It always starts with silence...
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
2A....And the silence is always deafening.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-04-20 20:42, Daryl -the other brother wrote:
Who knows it could be fun...or not.

Or not wins.
Over 70 views and only 1 post.

What made me think I would find creative thinkers on a magicians forum.
Thanks Bob1Dog, at least you made the effort.
The Amazing Pog
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Pog
'And the silence is always deafening' ... No, too cliched he thought.

Writing was too hard, he decided. He closed his laptop. Enough. And besides, he was late. If he was late again Susan would get really mad, and he could do without that today of all days. In a motion made quick by practice he stood, put on his jacket, grabbed his keys and opened the front door. Before going to Mickey's he'd stop by ...

3A ... the florist to get poppies OR 3B ... the store to get booze
'One of the safest ways to make a good performance is to have tricks which work so easily, that mechanics can be forgotten and every attention devoted to presentation' - Corinda
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

3B ... the store to get booze

4B ... His brother had a thing for scotch. He found a good Chivas Regal, a little out of his price range but if today went as planned they would have reason to celebrate. If not...well, a good drunk would help numb the pain.
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

3A ... the florist to get poppies.

4A ... They'd been Susan's favorite flower since she saw "The Wizard of Oz" as a kid, and today he was going to need all the help he could get.
With flowers in tow he pulled into Mickey's parking lot. Even in the crowded lot Susan's yellow mustang stood out like a neon sign. "Great! She's been waitng, well add that to the list" he thought as he grabbed the flowers and headed for the front door.
The Amazing Pog
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Pog
He knocked on the door; the special tap he always gave so she knew it was him. The sky was solid blue, still and unmoving. It was hot. He knocked again. The smell from the poppies was sweet and kicked his mind back to some half-remembered sunny childhood garden before the music from a passing car snapped him to attention. Where the h*ll was she? Why wasn't she openeing the d*mn door! He knocked again; this time a plain rap, louder, and with hint of annoyance ...

5A: The door opened with a sharp jank ... OR 5B: The door didn't open ...
'One of the safest ways to make a good performance is to have tricks which work so easily, that mechanics can be forgotten and every attention devoted to presentation' - Corinda
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-04-27 09:39, The Amazing Pog wrote:
He knocked on the door; the special tap he always gave so she knew it was him. The sky was solid blue, still and unmoving. It was hot. He knocked again. The smell from the poppies was sweet and kicked his mind back to some half-remembered sunny childhood garden before the music from a passing car snapped him to attention. Where the h*ll was she? Why wasn't she openeing the d*mn door! He knocked again; this time a plain rap, louder, and with hint of annoyance ...

5A: The door opened with a sharp jerk ...

6A. At the first sight of her all of his anger washed away. He no longer cared that he had to track her down for a meeting she had requested, he wasn't concerned that her car was in a parking lot on the other side of town. Right now, he had only one question. "Where'd you get the black eye?"

Continue the story with 7A or change the storyline with 6B.
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-06-02 12:16, Daryl -the other brother wrote:
Continue the story with 7A or change the storyline with 6B.

Or Not Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Once upon a time... » » Experiment in communial stories (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL