The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Mind's Eye Box (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
oly92
View Profile
New user
Paris (FRANCE)
83 Posts

Profile of oly92
In fact, I would like the box to be on a pedestral while I stand up in face of a volonteer.
Hope this makes sense to you.
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1849 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Quote:
On 2013-11-02 14:00, oly92 wrote:
In fact, I would like the box to be on a pedestral while I stand up in face of a volonteer.
Hope this makes sense to you.

Yes this would work brilliantly.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Paul asked me to post some of the pics of my MEB which is an aged version I've been working on and modifying... along with pseudo patina plaque of copper and bronze etc.... so here it is... enjoy!

http://www.carcosa-collection.com/thresh......temid=37

Just waiting for Roni's wrap to see if I can use that to replace the velour bag... it needs now a more ancient and dark style cloth skin Smile
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland! Back home and Thrilled!
1043 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
That's beautiful!!!
I'm still saving for one myself. Been so freaking busy that I haven't made time to talk to Paul about it.
He's great with customer service! I am preparing to move...

I love the looks of this one. Thanks for sharing!
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
That looks beautiful I must say as well. I really like the added piece on top of the lid, gives it a great look.

Darren
Twitter @darjames
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1849 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
I have now used this in a variety of performance settings and I am really really pleased with it. Following numerous requests for a 'high-end' model of the Mind's Eye Box, Paul is now collaborating with master craftsman J.c. Moore of Mooreni Magic, to produce a 'Deluxe' version in 2014. JC has produced the wonderful Illumini Spirit Light, and works in high quality woods, which are finished to perfection. I think this is a great development and will add so much to the MEB.

Cheers

Todd
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
What will the deluxe model do that this one doesn't?

Ray
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1113 Posts

Profile of caigy
Hi Ray,

the concept and principle will virtually be the same, although the structure and materials used to produce the 'Deluxe' model will be different.
As well as it's practicality, the basic innocence of the box-wood finish is what has made the Mind's Eye Box so appealing to many performers but we have had numerous requests for a version to be made available, produced using exotic hardwoods and more expensive looking fittings.
The search began to find a master craftsman who could not only produce a deluxe version to the high standards required but who would also inject the crucial amount of passion and individuality into each one!...Enter Mr. J.c. Moore of Mooreni Magic.
Whilst attending one of Todd Landman's superb public performances at the Huddersfield University Milton Theatre last year, we were fortunate enough to see, first hand, the quality of J.c's workmanship. After many months of experimentation and inter-Atlantic Skyping sessions, we are hoping to be able to road-test and then offer the made-to order 'Deluxe' version by March/April 2014.

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com www.MagicSiteUK.com
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18346 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Love mine, still filling it up slowly with memories...
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
714 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
The original is still available, yes?

I love the rugged look of that one...
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1113 Posts

Profile of caigy
Quote:
On 2014-02-03 17:40, illusioneer wrote:
The original is still available, yes?

I love the rugged look of that one...

The original version will still be available Smile

Paul Mc.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I am planing on using this tonight. I am going to use it with a routine from Jerome Finley called, ‘The Psilent Psychic Reading’ from 'Thought Dial'.
I just want to see how Jeorme's routine will play by using the minds Eye Box.

Would someone PM me about the Minds Eye box. I have a question.

Ray
Bedford
View Profile
Special user
Savannah, GA
663 Posts

Profile of Bedford
I just checked the site and it looks like the original version is no longer available - at least when you go to the link you get an error 404 and end up on a page of other products. Are these still being made?
The Alchemy Moon Collective
Find us on Gemini Artifacts
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1113 Posts

Profile of caigy
Hi Bedford,

the original Mind's Eye Box will continue being made to order but unfortunately Mark, our woodworker, has injured his shoulder and arm, so it looks as if we won't be taking any orders for at least the next three weeks or so Smile
All MEB orders received up to last week are fine and will be despatched on time.
I will put a message up on the website and keep Café members informed of Mark's progress.
Meanwhile, J.C Moore of Mooreni Magic is well on schedule in creating the 'Deluxe' version and again, we will keep you updated as to the developments.
Many thanks.

Paul Mc.

Bedford
View Profile
Special user
Savannah, GA
663 Posts

Profile of Bedford
Thank you Paul!
The Alchemy Moon Collective
Find us on Gemini Artifacts
Silvestri
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Silvestri
Just wondering if the Mind's Eye Box can also be used as an "x-ray" box, where you open the lid and someone places an item into the box and the performer turns back around to describe the object?
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1113 Posts

Profile of caigy
Quote:
On Mar 25, 2014, Silvestri wrote:
Just wondering if the Mind's Eye Box can also be used as an "x-ray" box, where you open the lid and someone places an item into the box and the performer turns back around to describe the object?

Hi Silvestri,

no it can't.

Paul Mc.

Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1240 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
BUT you could certainly have people write or draw various items, and you could then divine exactly what those items are, without any heat or attention on the box, which might be a superior feat...

The box is absolutely brilliant. No moving parts, no fiddling with the box, etc. Months ago, I had a slight issue with my original that bugged me just a bit (a tiny problem unique to my box), and when I hesitantly voiced it to Paul, his legendary customer service swooped in and handled it like magic. He will NOT allow even the slightest hint of dissatisfaction; my beautiful box is now beyond perfecto!

The potential uses for this go way beyond the basic routine. I can't wait to see Dr. Todd's manual. Thanks for an ingenious product, Paul, that exceeds the original Devil Device on a number of levels!

Seth
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1113 Posts

Profile of caigy
Thank you Seth,

your kind comments are very much appreciated.

Silvestri,

sorry my answer was so brief but I was way in the highlands of Scotland, trying to reply using my phone key-pad, with a rubbish signal :/
Please feel free to pm me and I will happily discuss the MEB with you in more detail.

Paul Mc.

caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1113 Posts

Profile of caigy
I have received numerous emails and pm's regarding the availability of the Mind's Eye Box, following the arm injury of one of our wood-workers.
Mark is still receiving treatment but is hoping to get back into full swing within the next week or so.
In the meantime, I have decided to use this unfortunate halt in production to introduce version 2.
The prototype of the Mind's Eye Box v2 'The Chunky Model', is almost complete and should be available to view/order, within the next few weeks.
J.c. Moore of Mooreni Magic, has also let me have a sneaky glimpse of the Mind's Eye Box 'Deluxe' version and I must say it is beautiful!!
Individually hand-crafted by John, using exotic hard-woods, with specially tarnished hardware, the functionality and working of the 'Deluxe' model is virtually identical to that of the standard model but with some very nice additional touches from John, Iain Dunford and myself.
We will keep Café members updated as to the progress of both MEB models.

Paul Mc.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Mind's Eye Box (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL