The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Multiplying Bottles (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
Is everything on that site pirated? Like a UCCU for $7.95? Vanishing Bandana for $8.95?
Pete Biro
View Profile
V.I.P.
18565 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I think a huge number of items on their site are pirated.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4573 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2013-04-24 01:19, Pete Biro wrote:
I think a huge number of items on their site are pirated.

Which is why every order comes with a parrot
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
CJRichard
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
542 Posts

Profile of CJRichard
We need a "Like" button here.
"You know some of you are laughin', but there's people here tryin' to learn. . ." -Pop Haydn

"I know of no other art that proclaims itself 'easy to do.'" -Master Payne

Ezekiel the Green
Pete Biro
View Profile
V.I.P.
18565 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Like? Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
CJRichard
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
542 Posts

Profile of CJRichard
As in facebook. For Payne's comment, Pete. Not for pirating.
"You know some of you are laughin', but there's people here tryin' to learn. . ." -Pop Haydn

Ezekiel the Green
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2529 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Payne... you might like your routine the best but according to your routine you are also somewhere doing this guys routine and liking that one best too. Smile
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
Motley Mage
View Profile
Special user
572 Posts

Profile of Motley Mage
Unfortunately, we can't know both where Payne is and what he likes at the same time.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21190 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Master Payne has posted his Multiplying Bottle routine for all of us to enjoy. As usual it is brilliant one of kind, customized just for and his commanding voice tone. No one can copy his custom bottles and custom routine, with perfect delivery with each step. Injected with his usual class of humor.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
CJRichard
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
542 Posts

Profile of CJRichard
Just this week I received from Lulu.com Master Payne's delightful and informative book, "Sometimes the Jokes are Just for Me," in which he describes how his multiplying bottle routine was developed. The bottle routine and several of his other great pieces are in the book. You can also learn about Payne's "Thematic Thaumaturge's WWWWW&H," which will lead to great character-based routines, fame, fortune and hot dates with RenFaire wenches (1). It's a fun read and offers great insight and inspiration for routining classic magic effects to fit different historical periods and characters (2). There are also many, many footnotes (3).

Here's a blatant plug. Click here and BUY PAYNE'S BOOK!. (4)

(1) Not really.
(2) Payne portays a number of different characters in his shows.
(3) Very funny footnotes, too.
(4) I was not compensated in any way for this review. In fact it cost me $30 plus postage. . .

Ezekiel the Green
R Don
View Profile
Regular user
West Coast
181 Posts

Profile of R Don
There is a good "how to present muptiplying bottles"
in this months S.A.M. magazine. May.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11138 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2013-05-14 17:03, R Don wrote:
There is a good "how to present muptiplying bottles"
in this months S.A.M. magazine. May.

Yes, and some good info from Paul Osborne in May's Linking Ring, on repainting a set. Timing is everything!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
Looking for a climax to the multiplying bottles. I have been thinking about table loads.

Say for example you bring the tube to the back edge of the table, a way to load (say) a Botania into one tub@ then the other.

Can anybody point me to prior thinking on this type of load? Thx
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11138 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Bill,

For my bar act, I steal another pair of bottles from the back of the table. I have them perched on a hook-like thing with the neck ends uppermost and the bottles at a specific angle so that natural body movement drops right down on them. So, I produce a total of ten bottles, but at the end, I have a pop-up sign on the table that says, "BAR IS OPEN". Just as this comes into view, I grab a giant bottle that sits on a floor level shelf, also behind the table. I simply toss this up with a wrist snap and catch it when it clears the table. The sudden appearance looks great and catches everyone off guard.

I think there are lots of climax possibilities, but for me, I want it to be congruent with the routine. If you are producing a lot of flowers then a Botania would make sense. Otherwise, you'd need a strong segue.

Regarding the load, just give them something better to look at the moment you snatch the load. Timing and choreography go a long way. Smile You can figure out your own servante, hold-out or whatever you need to make it all go smoothly.

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21190 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2013-05-14 21:19, billappleton wrote:
Looking for a climax to the multiplying bottles. I have been thinking about table loads.

Say for example you bring the tube to the back edge of the table, a way to load (say) a Botania into one tub@ then the other.

Can anybody point me to prior thinking on this type of load? Thx

Bill, there is nothing published to my knowledge on loads except Paul Osborne's elevator table idea on loading a bottle. It is not made for the bottles routine, but you can get the idea and expand on the number of table legs. It was published in the old Genii Magazine, so it would be in his book on items previously published.

Michael Baker gave you his idea, and there was an old article again in Genii magazine about some bottle acts.

Actually, the bottles did not become popular until recently. They seem to have always been around in one form or another.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2529 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
To Bill Appleton; The magic box on the Isle of Wight in the UK back in the 80's used to produce a set of bottles ith a table with a shelves at either side at the back for loading extra bottles or whatever you wanted as a finale. They also sold a final load bottle that you could pour a drink from and which then turned into two bouquets of flowers.
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
Hi all thanks for the information! Michael I love what you are doing there.

Thinking about a knee powered tube loader....
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
Tom Stone has lots of ideas for the bottles in Maelstrom, definitely worth a read

One (more or less) obvious insight is that the innermost bottle has lots of free space in the top...
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9485 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Michael. That's a great photo.

I've been working on a table that's thin yet loads, loads. I was going to keep it to myself but there seems to be some interest. It's worked-out I just need to make one.

Bill. My Kuma Tubes ends with a 25 bloom bouquet that appears to come up out of the tube... but that's a different table. Just think about a big sleeve and pulling the bouquet up with the tube half off the table. it's a good optical illusion and the production is much larger then the tube. The tube is flipped over in the middle of the "pull" and the bouquet appears to appear from above. (I should post a movie sometime but I have an old habit of keeping a lot of stuff, for better or worse, secret)
kh-magus
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of kh-magus
KOKUBUNJI STUDIO

http://www.magus.tokyo/shop/

Extreme Multiplying Bottles

Ring on Glass Stem
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Multiplying Bottles (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL