We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 50th birthday present arriving very soon!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

algebraic
View Profile
Special user
946 Posts

Profile of algebraic
My wife asked me what I wanted for my 50th birthday. I told her I wanted a tennis ball machine so that I could practice my tennis strokes by myself.

I just ordered a battery powered lobster tennis ball machine that has multiple drill programs included. It can put out 80 mph balls, has multiple spin, lob, sweep, etc. It's 50 pounds.

This will be great. It's hard to schedule a set time to practice with someone. This will allow me to practice when I want to.

This will actually pay for itself in the long run. Presently I have to pay for court time and time on the club's tennis ball machine. I'm hoping to spend more time this year working on my game.

What a GREAT gift.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15997 Posts

Profile of tommy
I used to play tennis when I was young and it killed me then. Happy birthday and good on you.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I can't tell you how many people I know who gave up on life before they reached 50 years old. It's good to have goals, and even better for an old people like you and me to get off of our butts, and chase our dreams.

Have fun my friend, because life is short.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On 2013-04-23 09:17, algebraic wrote:
"I just ordered a battery powered lobster tennis ball machine that has multiple drill programs included. It can put out 80 mph balls, has multiple spin, lob, sweep, etc. It's 50 pounds."

How fast does it lob lobsters???
algebraic
View Profile
Special user
946 Posts

Profile of algebraic
@ Al,

Al, I also joined a local karate dojo. I'll be going for my yellow belt next month. I've already noticed gains in my tennis game. I'm in better shape, getting to more balls, and my foot work is improving.
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
Quote:
On 2013-04-23 13:47, algebraic wrote:
@ Al,

Al, I also joined a local karate dojo.

Now your just showing off. Smile

Good for you, life's to short. When I mention I'm a skydiver people often ask "aren't you afraid of dying" ? I tell them I'm more afraid of not living.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5930 Posts

Profile of motown
Enjoy your new gift.

I just got a new hip and I dot think I'll be playing any more.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
algebraic
View Profile
Special user
946 Posts

Profile of algebraic
Hi Motown,

I play doubles with a guy who had his hip replaced. He just doesn't break that 90 degree plane.

He doesn't bend down to pick up a ball. Instead, he'll use his racquet to roll the ball to his foot. Then he'll pin the ball with his racquet against his foot. Finally, he'll bring all three upward(racquet,tennis ball, and foot), allow the ball to bounce, and then use his racquet to bounce the ball allowing him to catch it with his hand.

I always make sure when I give him a tennis ball to bounce it to him.

He said he waited a year after having his hip replaced before returning to tennis. He's 72 years young and places the ball very well.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Jugglers call that move a kick up.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5930 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On 2013-04-24 07:29, algebraic wrote:
Hi Motown,

I play doubles with a guy who had his hip replaced. He just doesn't break that 90 degree plane.

He doesn't bend down to pick up a ball. Instead, he'll use his racquet to roll the ball to his foot. Then he'll pin the ball with his racquet against his foot. Finally, he'll bring all three upward(racquet,tennis ball, and foot), allow the ball to bounce, and then use his racquet to bounce the ball allowing him to catch it with his hand.

I always make sure when I give him a tennis ball to bounce it to him.

He said he waited a year after having his hip replaced before returning to tennis. He's 72 years young and places the ball very well.
Good to know.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4620 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I've been rollerblading for nearly 15 years, and am still addicted. It's so fantastic, to float along on a set of wheels, which, after a time, become part of you. As I live near the seafront, I get down there whenever I can, and feel the fresh sea air in my lungs, the sun on my face, and watch the World as I go by.....

I also turned 50 a while back, and having a sport that keeps me fit and healthy, is more important than ever. But something that is a pure joy, also increases your happiness and contentment in life. So often, I'll take of on my blades, and just feel this wave of joy sweeping over me.

Yes, life is to be lived.....
algebraic
View Profile
Special user
946 Posts

Profile of algebraic
My Lobster tennis ball machine arrived today. She's beautiful! I can't wait to bring this battery powered tennis ball machine to my local tennis court.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 50th birthday present arriving very soon!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL