The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Magician Monthly (March 1910) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Matt Adams
View Profile
Special user
Harvest, AL
827 Posts

Profile of Matt Adams
Doing research on the following PT Selbit illusions:

Aladin's Lantern (sic)
Enchanted Swing
Indian Rope Illusion

These are supposedly explained at length with detailed plans in Goldston's "The Magician monthly" (english magazine) commencing March 1910.

Does anyone have that issue or the CD version that is searchable? I need a quick scan of the info so I can read over it for info for the Illusion Repository project. Thanks.

In related news, do you know the history behind the sawing a woman in half? If not, look no further. Smile
http://www.illusionrepository.com/reposi......in-half/

Instagram: @mattadamsministries

Facebook: www.facebook.com/mattadamsministries
Matt Adams
View Profile
Special user
Harvest, AL
827 Posts

Profile of Matt Adams
I'm also looking for Harvest Moon (a substitution illusion published in "The Wizard" of March 1910)

hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I would join the Conjuring Arts Center and then you can do the search on Ask Alexander which could save you hours and lots of bucks. I think the basic yearly memebership is still only $95. Well worth it if you are going research especially. It is a very good search engine database.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Matt Adams
View Profile
Special user
Harvest, AL
827 Posts

Profile of Matt Adams
Well, I'd love that - but need to do what I can for free right now - having already spent a considerable amount on the web-hosting, domain, etc.

Matt Adams
View Profile
Special user
Harvest, AL
827 Posts

Profile of Matt Adams
I just published a blog post. I haven't asked for any financial support for this project, but an entry-level subscription (Charlier) would be very helpful in research, as you mentioned. Here's a copy of my post:

Thanks to all of you who've helped with your time and suggestions! This project has cost me mostly in time (which is priceless), but some of this research is starting to become more expensive. I've spent over $2000 in books and magazine for research to keep this FREE project growing! I'm currently receiving four magic magazine publications (MUM, Linking Ring, MAGIC, and Genii) and have the Genii-level access to Ask Alexander. However, it would be very helpful to search some of the other pages on Ask Alexander. A Charlier (entry-level) membership cost $95 per year. This isn't very much, but it's $95 more dollars that I'd rather not add to my growing list of expenses for this FREE community project! So while I want to keep this a free resource (and currently completely ad-free), I will be honest and let you know that it'd be much appreciate and very helpful if you would like to make a donation of any size to the continued growth of this site. If you were helped in any way (and I hope you were!), I am so happy to hear it! It would likewise help me out if you would be led to make a donation to enable me to continue supporting our community as inexpensively as possible. So if you'd like to make a donation, simply send me a quick email at illusionrepository @ gmail dot com and I'll send you my paypal link. Nope - it's not tax deductible as far as I know...but hey, you'll receive a warm fuzzy in your heart knowing you supported our amazing community by aiding this project. This is not an "timeless" fundraiser, so as soon as I reach the $95 goal, I'll be sure to let you know. I never wish to presume upon your generosities. Thanks everyone!

Matt Adams
View Profile
Special user
Harvest, AL
827 Posts

Profile of Matt Adams
So no one can help me get the info I'm looking for? Anyone with a subscription already? Can you look it up for me? Smile

Steve Knight
View Profile
Elite user
Oxford U.K.
479 Posts

Profile of Steve Knight
I can't help with your query Matt but thanks for the link to the sawing history. Readers of that article might like to know about Val Walker's probable contribution to Selbits version. The details can be found in this thread: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=7
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Magician Monthly (March 1910) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL