The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Who here's a fan of Danny Garcia's '.44'? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bugboy
View Profile
New user
New York
64 Posts

Profile of bugboy
I've found DG's packet trick '.44' to be such a blast to both practice and perform.

I was taught the routine courtesy of Theory 11's 'Symphony' DVD.

What I love about the routine is how compact it is. The entire routine is performed in a small space, inches below
the spectator's face. Also, the routine is done with very little misdirection; in fact, I encourage my spectator
to burn my hands (I don't actually say "burn my hands," but you know what I mean..). This way, they see everything
happen right in front of them, and they'll see nothing fishy (given your execution of the main move is imperceptible.)

The main move is so ingenious, in my opinion. It looks so natural, and I've never had any spectator call me out on it. When done
smoothly, it is undoubtedly invisible. I can't praise this move and the routine enough!

Due to angle issues, I will only perform '.44' with one or a few spectators looking from above. However, this isn't much of an issue
to compensate for during a performance.

Any body else have any thoughts?

-A.L
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Can you describe the effect?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
bugboy
View Profile
New user
New York
64 Posts

Profile of bugboy
@ daffydoug--The spectator is allowed to select four red cards and four black cards from the pack. The performer
openly displays the eight cards that are chosen. The packet is then split up into the four reds and the four blacks, and the spectator is asked if whether or not he wants to be "put in charge" of the reds or blacks.

Let's say that he says reds. The spectator is given the four reds to pinch on to. The performer then counts off his blacks, saying that he'll be able to swap out his blacks for the spectator's reds, without the spectator noticing anything. The performer then makes a magical move; the spectator is told to turn over his cards, to find that the he is now holding the performer's blacks, and the performer is not holding the spectator's reds.

The performer then takes the eight cards back into his hands. The spectator is then asked to places his hands together to form a table, which the performer then deals three of the four blacks face-down onto it. This time, however, the performer causes the fourth black to visually, and quickly, change into one of the reds. The performer then flips over the spectator's cards, which are now reds as oppose to blacks, and the performer is in possession of the reds.

Danny Garcia, in 'Symphony,' uses two four-of-a-kinds as oppose to four reds and four blacks. However, I like having the contrasting colors, but whether or not you choose to do that is completely up to your personal preference!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Who here's a fan of Danny Garcia's '.44'? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL