The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Sandy Chang performing nice ball manipulation act (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

alextsui
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
154 Posts

Profile of alextsui
Sandy Chang from Taiwan performing a nice ball act to (what sounds like) flamenco music.

http://youtu.be/FDvw3gboX5I

I like how she has timed some of the magical effects to happen right on the strong beats in the music.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21644 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I have posted her videos from YouTube many times. She is one of my favorite billiard ball acts. Her unique still and skill along with ideas that have never been done in the history of Billiard Ball Magic is wonderful to watch.

My most recent posting is here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=10&29
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
She is amazing! Very creative. His act reminds me of Lee Kisuks (Lukas) act.

RJH
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1933 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
Quote:
On 2013-04-25 15:00, alextsui wrote:
Sandy Chang from Taiwan performing a nice ball act to (what sounds like) flamenco music.

http://youtu.be/FDvw3gboX5I

I like how she has timed some of the magical effects to happen right on the strong beats in the music.

That's what I use to do when I did my dancing magic act. I made sure that the magic occured not just on strong beats, but if there a gliss or anthing else that sounded magical, then that's when I produce something or make something vanish.
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1933 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
I felt like saying bravo at the end. Well done. The music is a version of "Hernando's Hideaway" from the Pajama Game. I don't know what version it was, but the music was beautiful too.
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1722 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Mtpascoe,

The first song is an instrumental version of the french song "La Bohème", composed by Jacques Plante and by the armenien (french) singer "Charles Aznavour", who made it famous.

The second song is in deed an instrumental version of the worldfamous "Hernando's Hideaway" tango composed by "Richard Adler" and "Jerry Ross".

Oliver.
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1933 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
Thank you Oliver. The piece was very good and she did a wonderful job with it.
tecumilic
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of tecumilic
I enjojed that. On of the few manipulation acts that doesent make me bored.
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1286 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Loved the billiard ball to flower (and back again) production. It fit so well with the whole show, including the music which suggests a rose! Lynn
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8308 Posts

Profile of funsway
I like the use of the frame as a portal to magic, i.e. magic occurs when passed through the portal.

With so many people today having a view of the world limited to a small screen/frame, possibly this is a yet unexplored approach.
I have a large ring in combination with coins, but not other objects.

Hmmmm. may even dig out my square/circle gimmick.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8043 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Some magicians become ecstatic when they see a "look how cleverly I manipulate these, balls, coins, cards, etc."

A few non magicians, also.

Sorry, I'm not one. I learned EARLY, to create situations that are FUN to watch. (worked for me for half a century!)

Watch CARDINI! He didn't just "manipulate" cards! He created a "situation"!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8043 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2018, funsway wrote:
I like the use of the frame as a portal to magic, i.e. magic occurs when passed through the portal.

With so many people today having a view of the world limited to a small screen/frame, possibly this is a yet unexplored approach.
I have a large ring in combination with coins, but not other objects.

Hmmmm. may even dig out my square/circle gimmick.

Hey Ken! A square circle, aint no "gimmick"! hee hee
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8308 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2019, Dick Oslund wrote:

Hey Ken! A square circle, aint no "gimmick"! hee hee

Mine is rusted together and isn't really a prop either Smile Its sole purpose is to catch on the top of a drawer so that it won't open.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8043 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I had "that" problem with my double ended thmb tp, but, it fell into a black art well, one day, and, the "problem" disappeared!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Sandy Chang performing nice ball manipulation act (6 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL