The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Coming soon: Card Shark's "Overkill Deck" by Tim Zager (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Quote:
On 2013-05-02 11:32, Card-Shark wrote:
There is not an "official release" date right now, at the moment I would like to call it a pre-release. We have them available at every convention we go right now. The next one is the "Battle of Magicians" this coming weekend.

As the decks need a lot of preparation and we do not want to sell out within the first three days, we are preparing some in the coming days. And then - only through our newsletter - we will start our first sale of them.

The official release date might take another month.

(Btw: Congratulations Bats, be aware that Tim's prototype is unfortunately "half as good" as the one coming, for a reason most of you understand knowing our Double Deckers. But it is a rare and precious prize)

Maybe I should also do a prize draw: How about under all purchasers of the Overkill Deck within the first 3 days I will draw a Get Sharky Deck.?!

Thanks, Christian!

Tim did fill me in on the details of his prototype, as compared to your "official" decks. So I know exactly what I'm getting!

I am on your mailing list and I will order an "Overkill" deck when it comes out!

I own "Get Sharky", and I love it! I bought it from a Brick and Mortar Magic Shop, so you won't see me as a purchaser from your site!

But I did get "One Night You Can't Stand", "Science Friction", and several decks of cards directly from you. Look for a guy from New york whose name starts out as "John Batt", and you'll know who I am!

:bat:
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1749 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
@ Batts: regarding of your hometown you should speak a lot of languages, right? Smile
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Well, I speak a bit of Spanish (because of 5 years of it in school) and some Italian (because of my great grandparents and grandparents), but I can say "Dankeschon" to you and Card Shark for all the great things you've put out!

Please forgive me if I did not spell that correctly, OK?

I don't want to cause a riot here, Christian (well- maybe I do! An occasional riot might be good for business!), but can I pre-order "Overkill" from you? You are currently one of the few that I trust to do that from anymore!

trueinventor
View Profile
Loyal user
Lynchburg Va
217 Posts

Profile of trueinventor
Hi Christian,

"Ditto" what Bats said. Also, YES! a "Get Sharky" Drawing would be Awesome.
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
While I would LOVE to own another "Get Sharky", I'll excuse myself from the drawing for that one, Christian.

Although I did have my eye on some other Card Shark items if I could substitute for a lesser value.......

Besides, lightning could not possibly strike the same place twice, could it?

trueinventor
View Profile
Loyal user
Lynchburg Va
217 Posts

Profile of trueinventor
BATS! NO!...wait!

(Psst, come here under the table with me for a moment where no one can hear us...

listen, if you would...go ahead and enter cause you may just be on a hot streak...
and then if you win...well...

you could just sort of Ssss..lll..ooo..www..lll..yyy slide Get Sharky over to me while
no one is looking...

you ARE a magician after all, I'm sure no one will catch the "moment of the slide" with
just a bit of distraction) Smile
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Sometimes you just have to let it go, trueinventor.

On the other hand, there are 2 lottery drawings that are over 100 million right now. I'm going to play those. If I win the whole thing, I'll buy all of my friends here in the Café an "Overkill" deck, OK?

And I mean that- if I really do hit the big one, I will get everyone here that has already posted a comment here about "Overkill" an "Overkill" deck, OK?

trueinventor
View Profile
Loyal user
Lynchburg Va
217 Posts

Profile of trueinventor
Ok old boy,

If you ask Tim to shoot you some of the "Zone Dust" to sprinkle on your tickets...

you just never know...Smile
Tim Zager
View Profile
Loyal user
Kansas City
222 Posts

Profile of Tim Zager
Quote:
On 2013-05-02 11:06, Nicolino wrote:
How freely can the deck be handled/shown?

You can shuffle, fan, spread, show fronts/backs...pretty much like you would any regular deck.
Make sure your customers never lose your information,
with a Digital Business Card.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10629 Posts

Profile of saysold1
So it sounds like the Phoenix DD cards allow a full 52 bank of possible selections - I'm assuming Tim's was 50% less because of extra thickness.

Just guessing.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Reading what this deck is capable of, I can't imagine any magician that uses cards not wanting one.
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1749 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Purists will definitely ignore this deck and that is ok. All the others will add a strong weapon to theirmagic arsenal.

Chinese Proverb
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
I'm for adding weapons!

trueinventor
View Profile
Loyal user
Lynchburg Va
217 Posts

Profile of trueinventor
Bats, Isn't that a quote from Hans Solo in the first Star Wars movie when he and
Luke Skywalker were discussing the Millenial Falcon? Smile
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Well, I've seen the movies more than once, or else I wouldn't be human (and my wife claims that I'm not!), but I honestly don't remember, trueinventor. But it sounds logical to me.

saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10629 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-05-03 07:11, Card-Shark wrote:
Purists will definitely ignore this deck and that is ok. All the others will add a strong weapon to theirmagic arsenal.

Purists who ignore your creations do so at the risk of missing some of the finest card creations in magic. Anyone I know who owns a Sharky Deck has generally been thrilled with it. This sounds like Sharky on steroids.

Since Cardshark's original threads regarding the masterpiece Get Shark decks were long ago wholly removed (sadly), I would like to remind Café members that it was Christian's development of the Phoenix Double Deckers which allowed an entirely now range of possibilities that are still being created.

There was another t**n card deck - the Protea brand decks from South Africa - but that deck (those who own Phil or Phil 2 may be familar with it) only allowed less than 52 full possibilities - thereby limiting things considerably.

Cardshark's Double Deckers were the first to offer such high quality, and opened the door for many new effects + enhancing some of the old ones (like Phil, etc). The double deckers are a thing of genuine beauty - the feel, size, weight, opacity - everything about them is perfection. I know Christian had to scramble about a year ago when he apparently lost his original secret manufacturer of his DD cards - and had to locate a new supplier.

The Sharky Deck harkens back to other ideas that went back to the 1930's/1940's as some of us already know... but Cristian's DD + his precision craftsmanship in creating the gimmick allowed possibilities and handling that the TPD (I will leave as initials) could only dream of.

Also as some who have followed this know, the genius Juan Tamariz worked with and released a similar idea (not for a deck, but similar principal) with his famous "Traveling Cards" effect some years ago.

I hope Christian doesn't mind me mentioning this small history of what may be behind this new "Overkill Deck" creation (and if I messed anything uo please correct me) - but I think we should all appreciate that there is a long history behind this creation... but that the biggest leaps with this concept have occurred in the past 5 or so years as a direct result of Christian Schenk's (Cardsharks) passion for providing Magician's with some of the finest cards ever made, and pushing the limits beyond what boring companies like the USPCC have developed.

Hats off then to Cardshark... and if this flattery might earn me the opportunity to BUY one of these Overkill Decks SOON I would not turn down the offer Smile (hint-hint).
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1749 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
OK, I will make sure to get the newsletter ready by the end of this weekend. I might add another trick to the newsletter, as this is such a beauty I could not hold myself away from it. The effect is called "I Hate Kids", is by Steve Bargatze and will be released through Palmer Magic. As Card-Shark is well known for easy to master effects where magicians can put 90 % of their skill into presentation as most of the effects are self working with a limited necessity of skill, this effect was just a perfect add-on to our portfolio.

This effect is not yet released, I saw it performed at FFFF last weekend and was so excited that I got the first 50 items. This is not released yet, so a very hot item. Some of you might have been burned in buying stuff they have never seen before, but this is a no-brainer. You get three innocent looking leather purses, and can play with a kid (or even an adult) for money, say, a Dollar. But the magician tells you that the kid will lose. Playing it big, the kid chooses the purse, can remove the Dollar himself and is happy. Later the magician then will show the other purses where a 10 $ and 20 $ bill was waiting. No TT, no get-ready or anything. Just these beautiful purses, a great DVD from this master of comedy magic himself. Oh, I am so excited... I bet that all of them that I have will be gone through my upcoming newsletter, so if you did not sign in yet...
http://www.card-shark.de/index.cfm?page=......ter=true

Thanks, working on a quick release of the Overkill, really!!!

Chinese Proverb
trueinventor
View Profile
Loyal user
Lynchburg Va
217 Posts

Profile of trueinventor
Thank you Brett!

A very very well written history. I learned a lot worth knowing in just a few paragraphs.
It is your writings about Card Shark that began to make me take a look at them last year as you
were praising (with very good reason) Science Friction.

You have always stood solidly behind them (with very good reason) and if you are ever able to visit Card Shark there should be a prominent: "Welcome Brett!" sign at the entrance that day.

Chrisitian, you stated: "As Card-Shark is well known for easy to master effects where magicians can put 90 % of their skill into presentation as most of the effects are self working with a limited necessity of skill..."

which is why we love your company and creations so much! Smile
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Thanks for the lesson on this type of deck, saysold.

I'm on your mailing list, Christian, on my "non-magic" eMail address, but I'm going to add my "magic" eMail address to your list. This way I'm sure to see your announcement when it comes.

Thanks a lot!

BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
I received my "Overkill" prototype today and I took a quick look at it. Real life is getting in the way of me playing around with it- I'll have to wait until everyone's sleeping before I can really do anything. I've got to be at the High School at 8:00 for my son.

The deck is capable of many different things. I'm going to a barbeque this weekend and I'm already planning how I'm going to reveal a card that my wife allows a spectator to choose while I'm standing 10 or 15 feet away from her. She should be able to do it with little or no problems!

I'll post more as I play with it and learn more about this deck!

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Coming soon: Card Shark's "Overkill Deck" by Tim Zager (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL