The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Coming soon: Card Shark's "Overkill Deck" by Tim Zager (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Yes, I really think it is a wonderful tool, superbly done and with so many applications. It even inspires you to come up with something own and original. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
648 Posts

Profile of johndevacmaker
I love Get Sharky and was looking forward to seeing this at Magic Live.
On watching the dem and seeing all the available options of this amazing deck it was an instant purchase
You will not be disappointed
No skill required and it will leave your audience completely baffled
Well done Christian this is Brilliant
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
The Overkill Deck will stay a Card-Shark Exclusive item, so it will only be available through us. We will ship out from Germany and from our Subsidiary in the USA. Give us a few more days to add the item to our system and to have enough in stock in the USA.

What you did not see at Magic Live was the following:

The Overkill Decks will be available in red and blue backs!

The Overkill Decks come completely prepared with english codes, but are also available with blank space so that you can write your own code in your language onto the cards. The info of the chosen card and the stack positions are already imprinted onto these decks too, so you do not have to write EVERYTHING in there, just the parts that would not work in your own language. The international version decks are ready to go for all kind of effects that do not use a partner, just for the secret communication with your partner you would have to add that code. We also provide you with a super fine Sharpie to write onto the cards.

We already prepared all necessary codes for German, French, Spanish and Italian, if you are interested in helping us with your language, please contact me. Every new language added to the list will be rewarded with a discounted Overkill Deck (50% off)!
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
SShawUK
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of SShawUK
Christian was kind enough to show me one of these decks (at the Session or South Shields? I forget) and I was blown away. Like Christian mentioned earlier, if you're looking for a "one trick pony" then this might not be for you. On the other hand, if you're a professional performer, looking for a really smart tool, with many applications, then this is going to really impress you. I know it's cliched, but my mind was racing with ideas after spending just a few minutes toying with the deck. I look forward to getting my hands on one and will certainly make space on my blog to review this fantastic bit of kit!
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

www.magicblog.org
NYCJoePitt
View Profile
Special user
558 Posts

Profile of NYCJoePitt
I was looking to get a marked deck but them stumbled upon the SUM deck on the web site. Now, here I see this OverKill deck... Which one do I get???
Tim Zager
View Profile
Loyal user
Kansas City
222 Posts

Profile of Tim Zager
I'm working on a video I will have ready by end of day Sat. It will show what the handling looks like for about four effects. Nothing fancy, but it will give you a feel for what it "looks" like and how natural the handling is.

Then next Tues I'm shooting some video with a lay audience so you can see their reactions to several effects. That's provided the people who said they will be there actually show up. Smile

@NYCJoePitt, the Overkill Deck is much more than just a marked deck. SUM is a good deck...just in a different category as far as possible effects.

-Tim
Make sure your customers never lose your information,
with a Digital Business Card.
magichoka
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of magichoka
Is this available now ? Thanks
G. Batson
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of G. Batson
Still no word from Card Shark. Tim, do you have these available. Please PM me.
gimmickless
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of gimmickless
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On 2013-08-21 17:18, Tim Zager wrote:
I'm working on a video I will have ready by end of day Sat. It will show what the handling looks like for about four effects. Nothing fancy, but it will give you a feel for what it "looks" like and how natural the handling is.

Then next Tues I'm shooting some video with a lay audience so you can see their reactions to several effects. That's provided the people who said they will be there actually show up. Smile

@NYCJoePitt, the Overkill Deck is much more than just a marked deck. SUM is a good deck...just in a different category as far as possible effects.

-Tim

So much for the videos. I think the term 'overkill' must relate to the price.
BaryBazz
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
213 Posts

Profile of BaryBazz
Is that price for a box of 12 packs !!!!!

Barry
BaryBazz
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
213 Posts

Profile of BaryBazz
Is that price for a box of 12 packs !!!!!

Barry
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Sorry guys, I wanted to put it online finally, but had directly travel out to another convention. I thought better now than never. I will still make a newsletter but it will take a few days.

Tim did a great video of what you can do with it WITHOUT showing you the secret itself. We all know now that there are several information are hidden on the cards, but many people want to see the handling how it would work, what is still possible etc.

So I took the freedom to refer to Tim's video on the item page in our online-shop. It looks a bit strange to show stuff you would do with any normal deck, but in the end: that is it: a normal behaving deck with built-in secrets that will allow you amazing stuff. Please check it out.

Chinese Proverb
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
So in the deck's basic form it is a 'get sharky' deck with some extra coding written on?
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
The principle is similar, but while Get Sharky is "just a" - very strong - trick, the Overkill Deck is a tool.

If you know the working principle of Get Sharky, you can imagine the method envolved.

Chinese Proverb
mimo67
View Profile
Veteran user
France
322 Posts

Profile of mimo67
Is this a tool for those who want to do memorized deck magic without memorising anything or is it also for those who already master a memdeck or am I completely besides the point of this ?
Thanks Christian for clarifying.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~MiMo~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tim Zager
View Profile
Loyal user
Kansas City
222 Posts

Profile of Tim Zager
As Christian mentioned, the deck is not so much a "trick" as it is a "tool" that allows you to do *many* tricks. It's a tool that allows a spectator to select a card by performer riffling through the deck until they say stop. Always a free choice, any one of 52 cards could be selected. The instant they see their card, the performer knows what it is... plus 5 other pieces of secret information. Once you have that info, what can you do with it? Go to the first page of this thread and look at my second post where I describe four examples of tricks you can do once you know the secret info.

The biggest question people have is, with all that hidden information, are you restricted in how you can handle the deck. It looks and handles like any normal deck. You are the only one who has access to that info. You can see a short video on Card Shark's web page. Gimmickless posted a link above. The video shows how you can handle the deck just as you normally would.

As for a performance video, yes I did promise one, but it was shot in a bar. Horrible quality. Smile It was noisy and you couldn't even hear what was going on. I also decided it was probably a good idea to wait until to see what Christian wants to do about a performance video so as not to conflict with his marketing efforts.
Make sure your customers never lose your information,
with a Digital Business Card.
gimmickless
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of gimmickless
I have this. and it is awesome. highly recommanded!!!!!
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Received this today! ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!! Is very rare I get crazy so easy for things like that, BUT this is an extremely versatile tool! LOVE IT!
G. Batson
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of G. Batson
Tim helped me with the deck on Skype. He showed me some ideas I would not have thought of. Fun guy. He said he was going to have a discount next week for a limited number of decks. I don't know the details.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Coming soon: Card Shark's "Overkill Deck" by Tim Zager (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL