The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » What vanish was that!?!?!?! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
787 Posts

Profile of tedski
Ok - who remembers the Pelican Fly post from the past on the Café. I do - and as I recall, most everyone was stumped on the final one handed vanish (which appeared to be a coin thrown away). It was stated that this manuscript would detail the vanish.

Anyone hear of the manuscript? Is the vanish real, or not? I'm moderately tired of hearing 3 fly conversations, but this one vanish I have heard limited talk about - anyone else?
cperkins
View Profile
Special user
699 Posts

Profile of cperkins
Can't help you Tedski with your question...but 10-4 on the 3fly talk!!!! Ugh!
To see a difficult thing lightly handled gives the impression of the impossible.
(Goethe)
leefoley3
View Profile
Elite user
Texas
402 Posts

Profile of leefoley3
Tedski, I'm not familiar with exactly what you're speaking of but, as far as one handed vanishes, I know that Curtis Kam covers one or two on "Palm of Steel" Vol.1

Hope this helps a little. Good luck, Lee. Smile
In December of '06 I was diagnosed with a very rare cancer, Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans. One in a million people worldwide are diagnosed with this type of cancer annually. Sarcomas account for 1% of all cancers. Knowledge is power!
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
Is this the vanish where you hold the coin with your thumb, forefinger, middle, and ring finger? It appears to be thrown up and is caught in the other hand. If so, this is demoed on penuinmagic.com by Oz for the flipper coin demo.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
The vanish Oz does on the flipper coin demo is Geoff Latta's "French Pop" vanish. It's the same vanish that Kenner published in his handling of 3 Fly in Totally Out Of Control.

Mind you it's not the vanish Kenner actually uses in his version of 3 Fly.

In my opinion the one handed vanish used by Gary Kurtz in Trio is much better... It's also a Geoff Latta creation.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Tedski.. NOski, I saw the demo and it looked like the hand went off camera and dumped it... didn't seem worth worrying about. Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » What vanish was that!?!?!?! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL