The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » What Goes Around, Comes Around! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

donsmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of donsmagic
Talk about what goes around, comes around. When I was eight years old (I'm 53 now), a police officer came to my school and performed a safety magic show. I was just getting into magic and was very excited about the magic part. The only effects I remember are Stratosphere and Abbott's Humpty Dumpty. I especially liked Humpty Dumpty.
Fast forward to 3 days ago. I had just moved back to my hometown after being away for many years. A kindly man in his 80's comes into the place I work at and we tart to talk. I told him my name and he said "the magician"!
He told me he a police officer that performed magic safety. I told him that I remembered him.
He said that he had something for me...two trunks full of magic!
Could the Humpty Dumpty be in one of those trunks?
Today he walked in with the trunks. My heart was pounding as I opened the first trunk. There was the Stratosphere. The same one I saw all those years ago. Most of the equipment was well-worn.
I opened the second case and there it was... Abbott's Humpty Dumpty!! It was in excellent condition!
I am about to perform for my children, the same trick that I saw all those years ago...
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
Wow!!, That's terrific to hear about. What are the odds of those tricks still being around from when you were a kid and saw this guy perform.
I had something kind of neat happen to me a while back as well. I'm 52 now, but back when I was in grade school the local Safeway supermarkets brought into town a clown/magician by the name of ZeeZo. He put on a great show and later in the day he would appear at one of the stores and give kids rides in his Model T go cart.
Then back about 10 years ago I was at one of Stan Kramiens Jamborees. A fellow was selling some used magic. This washing machine trick caught my eye. The guy tells me it came from ZeeZo the clown in California. Of course I bought the trick.
Bob.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » What Goes Around, Comes Around! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL