The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Envelopes for Nest of Wallets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
616 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Those of you who are performing the Nest of Wallets by Nicholas Einhorn Might find this interesting.

The Nest of wallets has become a staple in my close up shows. I bend a signed Quarter, vanish it in under a "Rattled" bottle cap then reproduce it from a nest of wallets. I was never very keen on the folded material in the middle. I think I will try these out. Penguin is stocking them.

50 Red envelopes for use with the deluxe leather nesting wallets by Nicholas Einhorn, the Russian & The Tri Nesting Wallets

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S15291
Owner of Handcrafted Miracles, San Diego
www.handcraftedmiracles.com

See our items and like us on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/handcraftedmiracles
MBrook3902
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of MBrook3902
Unfortunately they show them as OUT OF STOCK.
I like the progression of your routine...nice work.

MB
It takes 4 to 6 minutes for the brain to die without oxygen. I can fix anything in that amount of time.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5843 Posts

Profile of motown
The envelopes are a nice idea. It just depends on the object you're working with. For me, the red cloth makes more sense with a ring.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
616 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Quote:
On 2013-05-01 10:58, MBrook3902 wrote:
Unfortunately they show them as OUT OF STOCK.
I like the progression of your routine...nice work.

MB

Thanks brother it's been playing pretty well for me.

Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
616 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
These arrived today and they are AWESOME!

I thought that I was going th have to have a slit in the envelope to hide and then tear it partially open to let the spectator tear it the rest of the way like I did with my old card in envelope in wallet. This is not the case.

After opening the last small wallet from the nest you can hand it to the spectator and have them reach inside and remove the completely sealed envelope. It is totally examinable. The spectator can tear off the end of the envelope and remove the coin or ring or whatever.

To me, this makes a strong effect even stronger. I highly recommend this if you're doing the nest of wallets and the envelopes are really pretty cheap.

Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
616 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Hopefully Penguin will restock them soon.

barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1334 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
and the envelopes are really pretty cheap.

The envelopes look nice, but if you are doing this while strolling, I would not consider more than 50 cents a performance cheap.
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
616 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
I work 6 hours a night and usually never repeat a single effect all night do admittedly I have a skewed perspective. it will take me at least 40 performance nights to get through 50'envelopes.

Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2203 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Guys,

Just to let you know. We are shipping a new batch to US dealers early next week. So penguin should have them back in stock soon.

Best regards

Peter
Ps have you seen our new window envelopes. These are ideal for a signed coin.
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1704 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
I made the suggestion to John about adding a window so that you can perform a Schrodinger's type effect based on my 'Schrodinger's Card' routine. Have the coin sealed in the envelope but signature facing inwards so they do not know for sure if it is their coin or not. I thought it would make a great souvenir so nice to see they have gone into production.
Paragon 3D - the most incredible Card to Clear Box you will ever own. Be fooled here: http://youtu.be/GQxRZ1OGkUo
The Silent Treatment - Digital Edition: this iconic routine just got upgraded! Watch - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=phTDUhX0m9o
Watch the brilliant effect, Rule of Three: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CytuXsCbL0 and order it from www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
Order the bar-raising DVD set 'Connection' at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
The envelopes are nice but the adhesive is a bit strong and it causes the wallet flap to stick to the envelope upon opening. This in turn causes the flap of the envelope to pop out which is a problem. Some of the stickiness can be removed by rubbing your finger on the tape which helps a little. There can also be a peeling sound as the wallet is unstuck from the envelope.

I have found that putting an extra piece of double sided tape on the backside of the flap allows the flap to stay secure when tucked inside the envelope. This should prevent it from popping out as the wallet is opened.

The best solution for me was to tear off the perforated flap with the tape and get rid of it completely. Instead of tape I use r***** c****t on both sides of the opening. This solves the issue of the wallet flap sticking and there is no peeling sound. The opening also seals to the very edge which is nice.
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
616 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Quote:
On 2013-05-03 08:37, Jon Allen wrote:
I made the suggestion to John about adding a window so that you can perform a Schrodinger's type effect based on my 'Schrodinger's Card' routine. Have the coin sealed in the envelope but signature facing inwards so they do not know for sure if it is their coin or not. I thought it would make a great souvenir so nice to see they have gone into production.

I friggin LOVE this idea man! I do a lot of stuff with quantum themes must vif which admittedly goes over the heads of the drunks later at night but I digress...

I'd love to see your routine both for the card and the coin! Brilliant!

Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
616 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Quote:
On 2013-05-03 02:15, Peter Nardi wrote:
Hi Guys,

Just to let you know. We are shipping a new batch to US dealers early next week. So penguin should have them back in stock soon.

Best regards

Peter
Ps have you seen our new window envelopes. These are ideal for a signed coin.

Awesome Peter! Well these be available in the states too?

Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
616 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Great tips sabitu. Mine have been working ok as is as long as I remove some of the adhesive with my finger before loading it into the small wallet.

Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2203 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Dannicus,

Yes the windowed envelopes should be with your favourite dealer in the next few days.

Best Regards

Peter
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
616 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Thanks Peter. Good stuff mate.

Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Quote:
On 2013-05-03 13:05, sabitu wrote:
The envelopes are nice but the adhesive is a bit strong and it causes the wallet flap to stick to the envelope upon opening. This in turn causes the flap of the envelope to pop out which is a problem. Some of the stickiness can be removed by rubbing your finger on the tape which helps a little. There can also be a peeling sound as the wallet is unstuck from the envelope.

The adhesive is way too strong. As an experiment, I tried using these with a vinyl set of wallets and it sure did stick. Leather was better.
John Jerde
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of John Jerde
I just picked these up from Alakazam. These are great, you can mercury fold a card and they fit nicely in these.

FYI, Rubber Cement technique is the way to go. The stock version tends to stick to the leather when you open the last wallet.
SimonTheSorcerer
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of SimonTheSorcerer
Did anyone make them work with Nest Of Wallets without getting "stuck" at the end?
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1515 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
The windows on these make a nice addition
https://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-Delux......ton.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Envelopes for Nest of Wallets (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL