We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Braco's Miracle Rope Gimmick. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KIDDMAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of KIDDMAGIC
I just don't get it. Don't mean to be harsh, but I spent good money on this devise and have found it to be useless. Unfortunate, for the concept is fantastic. The problem is everything else... First off, they're brass and way too heavy... making the rope ends behave unaturally. Second, the diamater is too thick, making it a noticable bump in the rope. Third, the ends are not rounded off into more of a bullet shape adding too the noticability. Am I missing something here? Do they sell a thicker than standard soft magician's rope for this?
Even less known as David Kidd

Baltimore, Md. Curator of

THE MAGIC OF BALTIMORE
KIDDMAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of KIDDMAGIC
I guess I should have looked first. I see there is a company that makes heavy-gauged 15mm cored and uncored rope, but that still doesn't deal with the other issues.

THE MAGIC OF BALTIMORE
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22933 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The rope gimmick is to be glued and/or sewn into the rope. Roper gimmicks is not meant to be used for close-up magic, therefore some distance is required. I don't know why you think the gimmick should be bullet shaped or rounded off, but if properly inserted into a rope they will not be noticed.

As far as brass, these have been made of brass since they were invented. Some hollow which does make them lighter. As with any trick or gimmick practice is required in the handling, as it no gimmick will allow a rope to be used just like and un-gimmicked rope.

If you cannot handle the gimmick, they do sell magnets, but again, they are heavy.
KIDDMAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of KIDDMAGIC
Bill, you never fail to at least subtley insult me in every response you make. If you want to defend this engineering, go ahead, but this was not well thought out. I've been doing rope magic since Phil Thomas sold me 'Abbott's Encyclopedia of Rope Magic' in 1978 so I don't think it's a matter of me not being able to handle the gimmick! Please don't ever talk down to me, if you want to do that, stay on the other side of the Café from me. The local stores that I always bought my rope from in bulk never carried 15mm, so I just ordered some, hopefully that will do the trick.
"The rope gimmick is to be glued and/or sewn into the rope. Roper gimmicks is not meant to be used for close-up magic,therefore some distance is required." First off Bill, I am a master craftsman and can follow the directions on how to preperly install something! I am incredibly meticulous and probably installed the darn thing better than anyone has every installed one before. The fact that they are not meant for close-up is painfully obvious too.
How about thinking with a bit of common sense and outside the box like I do. These gimmicks should be aluminum! Alumunum is light-weight Bill and was invented in the Victorian Era! They should be no more that 5/8 inch long to allow the rope to dangle at that point more naturally. The ends should be tapered and rounded off to a created a softer angle Bill! What about that is hard to understand? These little modification would make it far more ergonomical, hidden and thus more versatile. So I'm going to my saw, drill press and sander to make these modifications myself like a magician. I can't do anything about the diameter which is why I ordered the fatter rope.

THE MAGIC OF BALTIMORE
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Kidd, why not take a piece of aluminum and make the gimmick yourself. Then you can sell your product because it doesn't violate the patents, you've redesigned and re engineered it.
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22933 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Kiddmagic, it seems you do not realize that the Café is for everyone, who reads these posts. I was not talking down to you, but "answering your question, AND, giving some information to others that do not know about rope gimmicks. (Many other read these forums, and have told me they like my information on magic equipment.)

I am sure you are correct in the aluminum gimmick, and if you can make one that would be beneficial for your desire to have light weight ends, it may fit you needs. (The is a positive reinforcement comment.) In my 50 plus years in magic, rope gimmicks have always been brass. (This is information as to what has been done in the past, not telling you something you may or may not know.) I have an Abbott's version that is brass and steel, how about that for weighted ends. (This is to inform you I do own rope gimmicks and have some experience working with them, not to say what you have or have not obtained in your magic purchases.)

From your comments, it is sad you have such a bad attitude towards someone attempting to help you. If you have all the knowledge and answers, it makes me wonder why you bothered to post your complaint about your purchase. (That is a personal thought, why on earth anyone would come on a public forum and bash a purchase. Is that an attempt for a review?)

Okay, I have put you on my don't help list. Until you insulted me, I did not connect the name with. I will try to stay away from you. Thanks for reminding me.
KIDDMAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of KIDDMAGIC
Bill, you are right in the fact that the Café is for everyone and you are VERY knowlwdgable,but that should not preclude any sense of propriety. You bash any post that doesn't meet your lofty standards. Some people just want their concerns addressed. I was a little tiffed when I wrote that response and do appreciate any help, but from your comments, it seems sad that you can't even acknowmledge how insulting and arrogant you come off sometimes and not just to me. If it was the first time, I would have let it slide, but it is not. As for some sort of Freudian analysis of why I posted this...I did so in hopes that there was someone who agrees with me in regards to this and what they have done to solve it or that someone would steer me to a superior product. You did neither.

THE MAGIC OF BALTIMORE
KIDDMAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of KIDDMAGIC
I apologize to the Café members for sustaining any negative dialog and I realize my initial post was a bit cranky, but I, like many of you get frustrated from spending money on things that in my opinion, aren't up to par and well thought out. A poor excuse these days, since you can find so much info on-line, but who has that much time? Let this be a lesson for everyone. Be tactful in how you come across on the Café. We eastcoast boys just don't put up with that kinda stuff! lol Had Bill started his post like "For those of you who don't know what Kiddmagic is talking about, this is a device that is to be glued and sewn into the ends of blah,blah, blah, etc." But that wasn't the case. I'm sure anyone reading Bill's inital post would construe it as completely condescending as well. If that was not your intent, then I apologize to you Bill.

THE MAGIC OF BALTIMORE
Rocky
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of Rocky
No worries Kidd...Bill can come across as a mean guy but I think he is just lonely.One time he made Max Maven tiffed,so you are in good company.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Braco's Miracle Rope Gimmick. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL