The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » This is a great C&B routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gary31525
View Profile
Regular user
Building a fence with
158 Posts

Profile of gary31525
I was browsing around YouTube, looking at Cups and Balls routines and came across this one, absolutely love his routine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJvF93zuVqQ
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1613 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
Tom Frank rocks those cups. It's a great routine perfomed by a fantastic magician. May not get any better than this.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2611 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
His ball vanish is flawless and a total fooler! Very, very excellent routine!
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
He really hammers those cups,I love the way the girl keeps saying " stop it "
great magic.
'What the eye's see the heart must believe"
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Tom shows that one can be taking a classic route and still be original.
It feels good to see someone having stepped aside the now traditional routine made too extremely popular by Dai Vernon (Jean Caroly's routine described in his 1900 book, before the Professor was even born but without, admittedly, Silent Mora's wand spin)

I loved without reservation the energy, the acting, the fact that the cups through cup is placed in the routine when it has acquired meaning, the personal style, the sexual references made in tail (pun intended)... Actually I loved the show and not only because the routine is quite original.

Now I feel compelled to report that Kent Gunn is misdirecting us when he claims that this is as good as th C&Bs get: this is as good as a great classic routine by a fantastic performer gets,... but Kent knows better (Kent, don't be so modest! You're not that important. Smile )
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1613 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
It,

It's all about the it in that sentence. It . . . being a classic rendition of the cups and balls. Put me up against Tom Frank in a room full of real, breathing spectators, Tom wins the day every single time.

Put me in a house of ill-repute, dive bar, gambling den or prison . . . then I've got a chance.

Modesty notwithstanding,

Kent

PS - Etienne, I fly back through Madrid today with some time to kill. You within a fast car ride of Spain? You never write . . .
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2639 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I believe Etienne is now stateside! Somewhat of a shame since he was one of my favorite things in Paris!
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6708 Posts

Profile of bowers
Beautiful magic..
Motley Mage
View Profile
Special user
572 Posts

Profile of Motley Mage
Like all of the best routines I know of, this does not necessarily include moves that no one else is doing or even a ucompletely new sequence of moves. What it does is present the known moves in a way that makes sense, that allows what the magician is doing become irrelevant to what the spectator is experiencing. What they SEE is new, even yif what Tom is doing is
truly ancient. It's MAGIC.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » This is a great C&B routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL