The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The new T A Waters DVD's: a preliminary review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1609 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Yes, Jesse:

This did start as a thread about Waters' new DVD's. I can summarize some reflections over the last three days, as follows. Most mentalists will find value in the DVD's; those who are rooted in his book will find more value in the DVD's, as will those who perform with tarot cards

George
Rory Raven
View Profile
Special user
Providence, RI
515 Posts

Profile of Rory Raven
Looking forward to picking these up; I've always liked Waters's work.

>"he sometimes indulges in commonplace, even prosaic, advice: such as (snip) "Be nice to the spectators."

Actually, I'm surprised at how many performers DO need to be told that!

Be well, all.

Rory
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -- Groucho Marx
visit www.roryraven.com today!
jesse_james_mcguire
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of jesse_james_mcguire
Well stated George...
kazuba6511
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of kazuba6511
Google: stevens magic t a waters gemini archives to see T.A. Waters Column Archives for Stevens' magic. You can pick each column.
Leonardo Martins
View Profile
New user
Brazil
83 Posts

Profile of Leonardo Martins
Today I finished watching the DVD package "Miracles of Mind." A class, as be expected of a master.

The effects are simple (deliberately simple, I think), but to illustrate great ideas.

I recommend.
Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
571 Posts

Profile of Circusman
Quote:
On 2013-05-05 18:17, cpbartak wrote:
So, let me get this straight...you all are reluctant to do effects with tarot cards...because no one else is? isn't that a good thing that your competition isn't using the same material as you? or is the only way we can tell if an effect is "cool" is if other people are doing it too? these are some strange comments to me. if you like something, do it. don't be sheep.

I agree fully with what you're saying CP.
I make use of Tarot cards in many situations but, not because others don't use them, just when it suits me to do it.

Admittedly, I do have a tendacy, when using props, to mostly use ones that that were issued in limited numbers to give me edge over other 'run of the mill' performances. It certainly works for me in that aspect.

Like many others I suppose that, before buying a trick, I waited to see what others thought about it first. But now I make a purchase, then find a way of fitting it into my style if it does not initially seem to fit. Obviously, this is not always possible as there is a lot of crap out there.
Andrew_Jeffrey
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Andrew_Jeffrey
A very interesting thread, thank you to all contributors. I have MM+M, and am wondering whether the DVDs cover anything which is NOT in there? Thanks.
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1609 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Andrew:

It has been almost two months since I started this thread, and I did not make a direct effect-by-effect comparison between the book and the DVD's, but I can give you two impressions.

1. At least most of the DVD effects are printed in the book.

2. But in the DVD's, at least several times, he changed or updated the effect from the printed version--I think for the better.

It was interesting to see evidence that the effects had evolved in his own mind and experience.

George
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The new T A Waters DVD's: a preliminary review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL