The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Tricky business Ľ Ľ Pro's & con's of advertising your price (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20709 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
People determine value prior to hearing price all the time! It as a matter of fact is what brand management is all about. Establishing value. It is amazing how far you will go just to argue with me.

In almost all cases this is how things get done.

When you purchase something without knowing value you are an uneducated consumer and this is the worst thing you can be. From each point of view it is really just silly to think of. As a consumer when you buy and donít know value you have no clue what you are actually buying. Why would you want to be that guy? It boggles the mind.

And why would you argue TO BE that guy so vehemently?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Trancemaker
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Trancemaker
I think it may be good psychology to hype up the value so much that the prospect starts to worry a little about how much this wondrous product or service is going to cost then when the price is finally revealed he or she finds it is nowhere near as bad as they thought! The price can actually be made into a selling point rather than an objection if handled correctly.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2853 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2021, Dannydoyle wrote:

When you purchase something without knowing value you are an uneducated consumer and this is the worst thing you can be.

No the worse thing you could do would be to purchase something without knowing the price. That would be stupid.Smile

Tom
Today I bent the truth to be kind, and I have no regret, for I am far surer of what is kind than I am of what is true.--Robert Brault
Trancemaker
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Trancemaker
One technique I have used in the past might make both Tom and Danny happy! Or perhaps make both of them unhappy! I have started off with the price, promoted the value then at the end go in for the kill by making the price better than I told them at the beginning either by finding an excuse to lower it or more likely adding extra benefits that up to that moment I haven't mentioned previously!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20709 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2021, TomBoleware wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2021, Dannydoyle wrote:

When you purchase something without knowing value you are an uneducated consumer and this is the worst thing you can be.

No the worse thing you could do would be to purchase something without knowing the price. That would be stupid.Smile

Tom

Who BUT YOU has even suggested buying something without knowing the price? But just keep looking silly because of your unbelievable need to just argue with me.

And by the way I I know you donít work, and even when you might have it was low end 50 years ago, but MANY high end products are sold with the theory that ďif you have to ask the price, you canít afford it.Ē Happens a lot Tom. I guess J P Morgan was stupid in your view huh?

Please stop Tom. You just look worse and worse and more out of touch with every post. Nobody has even suggested not giving a price at all. As usual you created a straw man to argue with me, then you want to pretend Iíve said that. YOU and only you have said donít tell price Tom. You have created a ridiculous amount of posts just to argue with me and it just is not good. My lord please stop. We get your position. We get that it is about arguing with me. Just let it go.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20709 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2021, Trancemaker wrote:
I think it may be good psychology to hype up the value so much that the prospect starts to worry a little about how much this wondrous product or service is going to cost then when the price is finally revealed he or she finds it is nowhere near as bad as they thought! The price can actually be made into a selling point rather than an objection if handled correctly.

You are talking about showing features and benefits. As a matter of fact they leaned heavily on it is sales training. https://www.avnetwork.com/blogs/the-lost......-selling Go through that link. I am sure Tom knows more than everyone involved in the Xerox course and subsequent literature but they agree with me.

Go ahead Tom explain why this is wrong. Or just stop.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2853 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Danny, I wasn't talking about you. But Yes there are some high-priced products and rich people that donít worry about the price. You are correct.

Also Danny, Parents never worry about paying for the magician. The topic here is not, was not, will never be,
about kidshows. Danny, you are right and you have been right the whole time. No, I donít even know what a
magic show is. You are COMPLETELY RIGHT.

Tom
Today I bent the truth to be kind, and I have no regret, for I am far surer of what is kind than I am of what is true.--Robert Brault
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10244 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Oct 23, 2021, TomBoleware wrote:
Parents never worry about paying for the magician. The topic here is not, was not, will never be,
about kidshows. Danny, you are right and you have been right the whole time. No, I donít even know what a
magic show is. You are COMPLETELY RIGHT.

Tom

FINALLY!

Btw, the topic was about kid's shows. Kid's shows today, since the internet, websites, and tech. Many posts in TB are about kid's shows/performers. This might be an entirely different discussion if it was about corporate shows, trade shows, cruises, fairs, fests, etc.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2853 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Quote:
On Oct 23, 2021, Mindpro wrote:

Btw, the topic was about kid's shows. Kid's shows today, since the internet, websites, and tech. Many posts in TB are about kid's shows/performers. This might be an entirely different discussion if it was about corporate shows, trade shows, cruises, fairs, fests, etc.

FINALLY! Somebody tells Danny (besides me) what this topic is about. Thank You Mindpro.

Tom
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20709 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Tom you are still wrong . Parents are not different than anyone else.

Please stop.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Trancemaker
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Trancemaker
While on the subject of salesmanship and perhaps to go off on a slight tangent I would like to recommend a very streetwise book on the subject. It was written by two sociologists who thought they were writing a sociology book but it seems they ended up writing a remarkable book on salesmanship instead. I have had some correspondance with one of the authors (Professor Clark) and I always recommend this book whenever I can. Here it is on Amazon. The "look inside" feature will give you some idea of the content.

https://www.amazon.com/Hard-Sell-Languag......0LQASNQ6
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2853 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Quote:
On Oct 23, 2021, Trancemaker wrote:
While on the subject of salesmanship and perhaps to go off on a slight tangent I would like to recommend a very streetwise book on the subject. It was written by two sociologists who thought they were writing a sociology book but it seems they ended up writing a remarkable book on salesmanship instead. I have had some correspondance with one of the authors (Professor Clark) and I always recommend this book whenever I can. Here it is on Amazon. The "look inside" feature will give you some idea of the content.

https://www.amazon.com/Hard-Sell-Languag......0LQASNQ6

Looks like a good read. Thanks.

Back in the 70ís when I first started working with Woodmen of the World Insurance company, I was taking my training in Omaha Neb and the class instructor took a few of us to a local fair to watch a Jam Auction. The next day that was all we talked about in class. Since that time I have read a few books on the subject. There is a lot of sales psychology in the jam pitch for sure.

Tom
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20709 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yes funny thing is Iíve done jam auctions.

Notice when they give you the price?

It is CONSTANT building value, freezing the marks and keeping you drone on while you present value! That is what the entire process is built upon.

Are you trying to make my point or yours Tom? Because you just proved everything Iíve said and you have argued with for pages. Now are you going to argue with yourself in an attempt to argue with me? This should be good.

And what about YOU saying this was only about kids shows Tom? A jam auction has nothing at all to do with kids shows does it?

Canít wait to see you now argue with yourself and call yourself a bully.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Tricky business Ľ Ľ Pro's & con's of advertising your price (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL