The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin to Impossible Location Recommendations Wanted (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

drbuzzard
View Profile
New user
Manchester, UK
45 Posts

Profile of drbuzzard
I’m working on a routine where a marked silver-dollar size coin vanishes. It’s actually a little thicker than a silver dollar. I have the vanishing part already worked-out and at that end of that phase the coin will be in CP in the right hand.

What I’m looking for is recommendations for an ‘impossible location’ for the coin to reappear. I don’t mind if I have to buy some apparatus or marketed trick as long as it’s
1. pocket-sized
2. not cheap-looking or an obviously 'magic prop':)
3. I can use my own coin as mentioned above

I would appreciate any suggestions please. The routine will probably be performed seated in a close-up situation but if it’s flexible (can be performed standing or seated) then that’s good.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Seated closup, you lucky guy!
Maybe under your beverage cup then? Ala goshman or Malini depending... ? Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
vampiro
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta
240 Posts

Profile of vampiro
Check out the cosmar coin gimmick at lybrary.com
you might have to build it. But I don't have it, so read below.

But basically, having a m++++t attached on the inside of your coat or shirt and a M------ic coin should work fine--you can ditch the coin,
be clean and then borrow a wallet, .... and pull it out of there (after retreiving it from the M__----ic holdout.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
The degree to which the audience will think "impossible" is conditional on several factors. I will play Devil's Advocate in hopes of stimulating additional thinking.

1) your having no contact with the final "location," or second best, no contact after the object is selected or marked.
2) the degree to which the apparent action/phenomenon is considered impossible, e.g. instant transportation may be better than vanish-reappear.
3) the object "found" is randomly selected and not belonging to the performer.

for whatever reason you have stipulated that the object is a coin, owned by you, that the V-R approach is used and that you must have contact after the Vanish.

Thus, the chance that such an effect is considered impossible or magic is severely minimized regardless of the chosen unique "location, and that such restrictions may be in opposition to your intended result.

If you are locked into those conditions then the "location" must be be so profound that it overrides the other considerations. Searching memory a block of ice might work to be melted in a spectator's hands.

If the "location: is on the person of a random spectator might also help.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
NYCMS volume 5 - Case Solved - signed coin AND selected card go into card box.
NYCMS volume 6 - Tai Chi - coin to parts of specator's body
NYCMS volume 7 - Coin Cut - signed coin goes on top of selected card
- Mint Condition - signed coin to box of listermints
NYCMS volume 8 - Nest of Boxes - signed coin to nest of boxes
NYCMS volume 9 - Nest of boxes - as above different routine
- TRiple Coin to Card - signed coin arrives under card three times
NYCMS volume 10 - A Sweet Little Trick - signed coin goes into a sugar packet
NYCMS volume 15- Matchbox Treasury Redeux - copper and silver coin keep winding up inside a matchbox
- Coin Pen - coin inside a pen
NYCMS volume 16 - Nest of Boxes - update to routine in volume 8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXWvZzwrlW8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uE4qkUPE1Y
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Easy & Baffling Approach = initially remove the coin from a rattle box (thereby allowing the box to be seen otherwise empty without calling attention to this fact). After the vanish, pick-up the rattle box with the clean hand and activate the rattle. Smile, open the lid, execute a shuttle pass and dump out the marked coin. Ta-Da!

Julie
carpelo
View Profile
New user
Tarragona, Spain
57 Posts

Profile of carpelo
Good one Julie. Maybe a box with a coin glued to a hidden piece of rubberband (so it can move)... and then shuttle pass.

There's a trick by Jay Sankey in his Definitive Sankey vol 2 called "Collector's Item".
The coin is found inside a sealed coin holder which has been inside an envelope that has been in view the entire time.
You'll find effect and description in the Sankey Sampler free download, here:
http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-d......wnloads/
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
I use a JOL Plus wallet with ID case. It works very well.

Barry
drbuzzard
View Profile
New user
Manchester, UK
45 Posts

Profile of drbuzzard
Many thanks for the replies and suggestions. Lots to think about!

Is there a nest of boxes available that fits a silver dollar?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin to Impossible Location Recommendations Wanted (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL