The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » How to respond to an anti-conspiracy theorist (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2013-05-08 20:20, Woland wrote:
Hi landmark,

Well at least we agree she has no business in the cabinet. I didn't want to quote the entire article . . .

If you'd like to go down the rabbit hole, keep following the path through Castle Bank. It's pretty fascinating.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
That would have been a great place for an uh huh landmark.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Uh uh...
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Is this a Psyop to Distract from Real Questions?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2013-05-08 22:46, Dannydoyle wrote:

I'm not a "conspiracy theorist" as I take it to mean. I believe Neil Armstrong walked on the moon, I don't think any intelligent life has landed on Earth, heck, I don't even think 9/11 was an inside job. However, do I think powerful people often act together to advance their own interests? You betja. The Castle Bank history is in the public record.

But I laughed at your uh huh remark. Good line. I agree.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
I'm not an "anti conspiracy theorist" as I take it to mean. Heck, I don't even smell like a communist.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Hi landmark - and tommy -

Interesting that

Quote:
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM) and Bank of America Corp. (BAC) had perfect trading records in the first quarter, making money every day of the period as Morgan Stanley posted losses in eight sessions and Goldman Sachs Group Inc. in two.
One daily gain at JPMorgan exceeded $200 million as the biggest U.S. bank by assets recovered from last year’s London Whale derivatives loss, the New York-based company said yesterday in a regulatory filing. Bank of America, the second-largest lender, generated more than $25 million of revenue on 97 percent of trading days, compared with 76 percent at Morgan Stanley, the firms said in separate filings. Goldman Sachs, which generated about half its revenue from trading last quarter, said its team made more than $100 million on 17 days.

Not a single losing day?
Wizzard
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Wizzard
Tin foil fedora's at a discount.

JMN
It's never the wand, it's always the magician
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2013-05-09 15:09, Woland wrote:
Hi landmark - and tommy -

Interesting that

Quote:
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM) and Bank of America Corp. (BAC) had perfect trading records in the first quarter, making money every day of the period as Morgan Stanley posted losses in eight sessions and Goldman Sachs Group Inc. in two.
One daily gain at JPMorgan exceeded $200 million as the biggest U.S. bank by assets recovered from last year’s London Whale derivatives loss, the New York-based company said yesterday in a regulatory filing. Bank of America, the second-largest lender, generated more than $25 million of revenue on 97 percent of trading days, compared with 76 percent at Morgan Stanley, the firms said in separate filings. Goldman Sachs, which generated about half its revenue from trading last quarter, said its team made more than $100 million on 17 days.

Not a single losing day?

What are you getting at? Who is this a quote from?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On May 9, 2013, tommy wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2afuTvUzBQ

I absolutely love this video!!!!!!! It's TODAY!!!!! Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
A tale spun by an intoxicated man:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_Lee_Harvey

"Lee Harvey" and "Osvaldo"

Tommy
Tim Snyder
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
112 Posts

Profile of Tim Snyder
I too used to have trouble thinking clearly and making sense of this volatile world in which we live. That is until a kind and generous man introduced me to the miracle that is magnetized water. Pop Hadyn changed my life! I now drink two bottles a day of Pop Hadyn's Original Magnetized Water. I am a different man now! I think better. I sleep better. and I LOVE better! This water not only protected me when I was forced to get the dreaded Covid vacine, but this magnetic water has kept me from getting Covid after I got the vacine. I highly recommend that everyone start drinking Pop's magnetized water.

http://www.pophaydn.com/magnetized-water.html
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
What exactly is an “anti-conspiracy theorist?” Would that be someone that bases their belief in a proposition on the strength of the evidence?
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
We were once found not guilty of conspiracy charges because at the trial we produced evidence which tended persuade the Court that the police in the case had conspired to pervert the course of justice. So, in this case then, the Court were both anti and pro conspiracy theorists.

Tommy
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
The legal definition of a conspiracy and the definition of a conspiracy theory are two very different things.

B2B Magazine Test!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
In law, a "conspiracy theory" is a theory of a case that presents a conspiracy to be considered by a trier of fact, i.e., members of a jury.

In the Magic Café, a "conspiracy theory" is a theory of a case that presents a conspiracy to be considered by a trier of fact, i.e., members of the Magic Café.

So, or so it seems to me, that moving from one place to another does not change the definition of a "conspiracy theory".

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On May 9, 2013, landmark wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-05-08 22:46, Dannydoyle wrote:

I don't think any intelligent life has landed on Earth,

But I laughed at your uh huh remark. Good line. I agree.

I’ll go further. I have trouble on some days believing intelligent life exists on earth, much less landed on it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Tim Snyder
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
112 Posts

Profile of Tim Snyder
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2021, Dannydoyle wrote:

I will go further. I have trouble on some days believing intelligent life exists on earth, much less landed on it.

This is the first time in my life that I have been completely hopeless for the future of America. It is constant screaming by both sides. It is win the debate at all costs. Nobody truly listens anymore. I can't count how many times a very smart person describes their opponents in a way that I know not to be true. NPR will be interviewing someone who makes a very blanket statement.... no follow up question asking how they know this, or questioning whether the issue might be a little more nuanced. BECAUSE THERE IS NO NUANCE IN THIS COUNTRY ANYMORE -- IT'S BLACK OR WHITE -- YOU'RE WITH ME OR YOU'RE AGAINST ME! Oh how it hurts my head. How are we going to survive without compromise, without a little passion towards our misguided opponents. I have friends on both sides and their posts are depressingly similar -- Democracy is under attack. Authoritarianism is knocking on the door. The country is in crisis and we must fight. (Fill in the blank) is illegitimate. The only difference in their posts are the names and titles of the people and groups they blame.

Forgive me for the rant... I forgot to drink my daily dose of Pop Haydn's Original Magnetized Water and so I've been a little off today.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2021, tommy wrote:
In law, a "conspiracy theory" is a theory of a case that presents a conspiracy to be considered by a trier of fact, i.e., members of a jury.

In the Magic Café, a "conspiracy theory" is a theory of a case that presents a conspiracy to be considered by a trier of fact, i.e., members of the Magic Café.

So, or so it seems to me, that moving from one place to another does not change the definition of a "conspiracy theory".

"Conspiracy theory" is not a legal term. Webster's defines it as: "a belief that some covert but influential organization is responsible for a circumstance or event." Wikipedia provides a much fuller, but similar, definition...oh, wait...maybe they're all working together to shape these definitions for their own nefarious purposes!

B2B Magazine Test!

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » How to respond to an anti-conspiracy theorist (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL