The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Update regarding the Cups and Balls Museum (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Good idea!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
dcjames
View Profile
Special user
577 Posts

Profile of dcjames
Bill,

Can only say that I continue to keep you in my thoughts. Hoping all is well with the move, and that you, Julie, and Holmes are happy and healthy.

Best wishes always,

Doug
“Magic is very easy to do - poorly.”

Tommy Wonder
The Books of Wonder
Volume 2
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Doug:

We are doing fine. Holmes is almost 16 years old, which is rather old for a schnauzer, but he still gets around. The doctors say my health is decent, and Julie is doing fine. The main thing is packing up all my stuff, so we can sell my house. I still need to pack my antique magic and my books. Once that is done, almost everything else in the house, other than the harpsichord and my sound system will be ready to dispose of.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Portland
662 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
Just when you think you know a person... they turn out to play the harpsichord....

-Lee
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Yep. A closet harpsichord player.

Actually, it's my Dad's harpsichord. It used to really p*ss him off when I would come over to his house and play Last Date on it!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Well Bill, at least it's not an autoharp.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Portland
662 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
At this point I think it's safe to wager there is probably a Dulcimer or two at Bill's place as well.

-Lee
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Sometime after my first wife passed away, I photographed about four dozen sets of cups. These have been added to the database. I will add them to the actual the web site shortly.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I underestimated the number of cups I had photographed. As of last night at midnight, I had completed adding 61 sets of cups to the museum site and database.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
What a great archive. I've only just begun looking through and I am so impressed. I love the used look of some of the Victorian era cups.
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Just when you thought it was all over, another update.

I'm putting this in here, because when you search for the cups and balls museum on Google, this particular thread comes up. Hopefully, some of the people who think I'm gone will read the last post in the thread.

Those of you who know me well, know that I have been through some interesting times (as the Chinese saying goes!). In 2017, I was informed that I needed to undergo some rather serious surgical procedures. I survived them without much difficulty, and I am now in much better shape than I deserve to be in! However, just as I was undergoing the first and most difficult of them, the museum site was forced offline by a series of strange events. It took me a year and a half to get the basic site on line, but I didn't have the database running.

I put out a call for software experts who could help me unscramble the database. A fellow named Tom Stamm from California volunteered to help me, and in just a couple of weeks, he had recovered most of the database. So I am in the process of adding more cups to the database.

The last set of cups that have been added to the museum are a set of Tommy Wonder "Stage Cups" that were made by the late Auke van Dokkum. They are not in the database yet, but they will be soon.

I'll probably keep about a hundred sets of cups. The rest will go on the block or will be sold to private collectors.

Meanwhile, I thank all of you, my Magic Café and Cups and Balls Museum friends, who have made this whole project worthwhile and, actually, possible.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Living in Perth Western Australia
1042 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
Great work Bill. I need to get a new password and enjoy the site again. Problem is, the last time I did that, I ended up with a dose of collecting and bought several sets. Now that I've got two sets of Sherwoods, I can't see a good reason to buy anymore.
Magic guy in Perth Australia
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
You can always just look! Smile

(Like THAT'S gonna happen!)
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Update regarding the Cups and Balls Museum (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL