The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » May the......... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1650 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Bit late I know but just came across this and thought I'd share.

S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Thankth!
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Darth Maul. RIP. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2732 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I got massively ill on Monday. (Possibly a bad sandwich from Subway.) As I was crouching over the toilet for the third time I thought;

"Oh my God. It the revenge of the 6th."
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Yikes, sorry to hear you were so sick. Subway? What do you think it was, tuna salad? Tuna salad always scares me off at places like Subway. When I see watery mayo in the tuna bin, I usually go for the Italian.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
610 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
Quote:
On 2013-05-09 23:07, ed rhodes wrote:
I got massively ill on Monday. (Possibly a bad sandwich from Subway.) As I was crouching over the toilet for the third time I thought;

"Oh my God. It the revenge of the 6th."

Or the Phantom Menace...
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4435 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Or the deli-belly ..... Hey that works for sandwich delis!
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2732 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2013-05-09 23:42, Bob1Dog wrote:
Yikes, sorry to hear you were so sick. Subway? What do you think it was, tuna salad? Tuna salad always scares me off at places like Subway. When I see watery mayo in the tuna bin, I usually go for the Italian.

Everybody else had the meatball marinara, I decided to buck the crowd and get the oven roasted chicken. I never eat pro-made tuna salad. They put celery in it. :yuck:
Ain't life unkind?"
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-05-10 22:52, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:

Everybody else had the meatball marinara, I decided to buck the crowd and get the oven roasted chicken. Inevereat pro-made tuna salad. They put celery in it. :yuck:

That's funny, I love chopped celery in my tuna salad; I guess you wouldn't like my home-made stuff. I also like it dry with less mayo than more, as compared to wet, the way many sub shops serve it up. Anyway, glad you're feeling better.

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2732 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Thanks. My wife makes tuna salad with sweet relish. I like it that way.
Ain't life unkind?"
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-05-11 22:36, ed rhodes wrote:
Thanks. My wife makes tuna salad with sweet relish. I like it that way.

I enjoy sweet relish too. I load up egg salad with sweet relish; that's one of my favorite comfort sandwiches. My mother used to make them for us for lunch. But I'll have to try it in my tuna salad now.

S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2013-05-10 23:22, Bob1Dog wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Everybody else had the meatball marinara, I decided to buck the crowd and get the oven roasted chicken. Inevereat pro-made tuna salad. They put celery in it. :yuck:

That's funny, I love chopped celery in my tuna salad; I guess you wouldn't like my home-made stuff. I also like it dry with less mayo than more, as compared to wet, the way many sub shops serve it up. Anyway, glad you're feeling better.

I cannot stand mayonnaise.

I make tuna salad with Dijon mustard and red wine vinegar. And celery. And dill pickles. And parsley, habaneros, capers, and slivered almonds.

Nobody ever steals it.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-05-12 00:10, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I make tuna salad with Dijon mustard and red wine vinegar. And celery. And dill pickles. And parsley, habaneros, capers, and slivered almonds.

Nobody ever steals it.

I like everything about your tuna salad except for the slivered almonds. Just not a nut eater. I WILL try this.

dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4435 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2013-05-12 00:50, Bob1Dog wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-05-12 00:10, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nobody ever steals it.

I like everything about your tuna salad except for the slivered almonds. Just not a nut eater. I WILL try this.

And I like the sound of it only without the......
Tuna, the celery, the mustard, the dill pickles, the habaneros, the capers, the almonds and the parsley! Having said that if you can turnt he red wine vinegar back in to red wine ...... Then I'm in!

Try living on celery alone for a few months and see how you do!
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
May the bird of paradise fly up your nose.

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfYFx6MOTYU
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:

Try living on celery alone for a few months and see how you do!

Yikes!

OK, I gotta ask. Why did you live on celery alone for two months?

dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4435 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
No I didn't mean I had done so, I have not..... And neither would you ...... I'm making a very indirect reference the the theory / myth that celery has a negative calorific value (not convinced it really does ..... But it seems pointless to me). A taste I am not bothered by (don't dislike it but I don't like it either) but the stringy bits I don't like at all! Yuck!
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-05-12 16:36, dave_matkin wrote:
No I didn't mean I had done so, I have not..... And neither would you ...... I'm making a very indirect reference the the theory / myth that celery has a negative calorific value (not convinced it really does ..... But it seems pointless to me). A taste I am not bothered by (don't dislike it but I don't like it either) but the stringy bits I don't like at all! Yuck!

I see your point about negative caloric value. That's all BS and I think we know that. Everything we consume has some caloric value. I remember years back that grapefruit was touted as being helpful in losing weight for some such negative caloric metabolism BS or another, but if you look at the carbs in grapefruit, the calories are there.

That said, and while I wouldn't care to live on celery for two months, if my life depended on it, I think I would. It's mostly fiber, water and some sodium, and maybe even some other vitamins or such, all of which can probably sustain us for a few months. Fun? No. And I can't think of a situation where celery would be the only food available except on the life raft of a sinking celery transporter. Still, interesting to ponder.

Wishfully thinking, the sinking transporter at least had some cream cheese and crackers on the side. Smile

ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2732 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I think the theory was that while it did have calories, it would take more calories to digest it than you actually got from the food.
Obviously, that's not true. But if there were any food so nasty it took more calories to burn than you got from it... celery would be it.
Ain't life unkind?"
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Sith don't eat celery.

No.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » May the......... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL