The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Paolo Cavalli's works back in print - The Cavalli Files (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Profile of ParaLabs - Thomas
Hi there,

As already announced in this thread in the Penny section we are proud and happy to announce the (re-)publication of ‘The Cavalli Files’ – a complete collection of Paolo ‘Lord of the Horses’ Cavalli’s published AND unpublished works … in printed format!

As mentioned the first four volumes of The Cavalli Files will comprise Paolo’s previous published works which were unavailable for years.

The final two or three volumes, under the title Notes from the Lord’s Diary, will contain something really special: Drafts, outlines and exposés from Paolo’s original sketch books! Parts of these are his ‘works in progress’, ideas and concepts that have never before seen the light of day.

The idea of this concept (publishing even works in progress) has an experimental character as each reader can think about these basic ideas on his own and use them to spark his own creative imagination.

Those are the upcoming volumes of the series and their contents:

The Cavalli Files – Part I – ‘Upsilon’

Contents
  • Radarama
  • Psychometrack
  • Patetogy
  • Kormonition
  • Booplication
  • Prophetriter
  • Twicerpiece
  • Trisoteric
  • Pendulumix
  • Miscellanea
  • Acidus Novus Streamlined Description

The Cavalli Files – Part II – ‘Omicron’
including ‘The Watermark Codex’ AND ‘Into the White’

Contents
  • Chairvelopes
  • Wook
  • Equinox
  • PKoin
  • Miscellanea
    - Remote Viewing of Some Kind
    - You Do As I Do Book Test
    - Arcanum Nine Point Zero
    - In-Visible In-Sight
    - Deatharot
  • Shades of Upsilon
    - Patetogy
    - Psychometrack
    - Pendulumix

Bonus
  • The Watermark Codex

• Into The White

The Cavalli Files – Part III – ‘Sigma’

Contents
  • Coinport
  • E-Wave
  • C.K.C Planet Earth
  • Corinda 2005 Outdone!
  • Any Card, Any Number
  • Shades of Mind
  • A Penny for Your Thoughts
  • Beer-It Twice
  • Dove-It Out
  • N.G.R.R.
  • Death Warrant II°
  • W.D.W. Book Test
  • Pun
  • Bonus Stuff

The Cavalli Files – Part IV – ‘The Flytrap Experience’
With Greg Arce, Bruce Ballon and Joshua Quinn

Contents
  • PAOLO CAVALLI’s FLYTRAP Gimmick

Routines
  • GREG ARCE’s Three Thoughts
    - Tourist Trap
    - Four on the Fly
    - Conflybulation

• JOSHUA QUINN’s Trapping the Elephant

• BRUCE BALLON’s Quintet of Terror
    - Beelzebub
    - Winged Death
    - Nitokris
    - Origami Oracle
    - Death Toll

The Cavalli Files – Part V – ‘Notes from the Lord’s Diary 1’
Works never released in public before!

Contents
  • Getting A-Head
    - Introduction
    - Blank Switch-In
    - Spectator Mispointing
    - Shameful Question
    - Helped Guess
  • E.S.P. – Eagle Sight Psychometry
  • Triple Influence
  • Great and Greater Minds Think Alike
  • Out of Body - Dual Reality Principle
  • Diction Impossible
  • The X-Ray Notepad
    - The X-Ray Gimmick
    - The Poor Man’s Magic Slate Gimmick
    - The Tailor-Made Gimmick
    - The Dual X-Tailor Gimmick
    - The Cover Dilemma
    - On borrowed notepads, …
  • Real Ghost Presentational Ideas
    - Simple Voodoo
    - Vibrational Affection
    - The Eyes On My Skin
    - The Volic Force
  • Olof
  • Nothing Could Be Simpler
  • Con-Federacy
    - Shuffled ACAC Con
    - Tossed Hypnotic Command Con
    - Newspaper Tear & Choose Con
    - The Three Chairs Affair Con
    - A Great Opener Con

The Cavalli Files – Part VI – ‘Notes from the Lord’s Diary 2’
Works never released in public before!

Contents
  • Artful Fishing
  • Carte Blanche
  • The Candle Code
  • Screaming Whispers
  • Hand-Closing Psychological Card Force
  • Ideas For Kurotsuke Kind Of Effects
  • MAG-LUE-ZINE
  • Numbercanum
  • Numbercanum - Additional Tips
  • Oleum Vitae
  • The Portos' Peek
  • Paolo Cavalli's Peek with Block-Notes
  • The Grey Bear Mystery
  • Tossed Out Silly Songs
  • … and more!

Interested, ...?!? Smile

Check the ParaLabs Cavalli area – or feel free to ask any question you might have here, ... Smile

Cheers
Th.
voh002
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of voh002
Hi,

Is it possible to say something about what of the books are recommended for stage and what is close-up? Thanks!
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Paolo covers just about everything in these books: There are things for stage and close up and one one one.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Nice looking Paralabs black sleek look too.... nice!!!!!

vohoo2 - Paolo's work is all gold and he was one of my mentors... so although I am biased I believe you can objectively prove his work is all gold anyway!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Will there be a slightly discounted price for a full set once the other volumes are complete?
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
Good question

Quote:
On 2013-05-07 20:02, tmoca wrote:
Will there be a slightly discounted price for a full set once the other volumes are complete?
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
This is incredible news. Thank you Paolo, Rainer and Thomas!

Regards,

Sean
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I bought Sigma a few years ago and it covers (in great detail) the magicians force.

It was money well spent.

Best
Ray
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Quote:

Hi,

the point is that we will re-publish Paolo's works one by one ... and each book has to be reworked on several levels (layout, minor proof reading, type set, illustrations, ...). So it may take us about 4 to 6 weeks to finish the next volume of the series. This means that we talk about a series that is going to be published within the next 6 to 8 months.

And in all honesty I can't tell you now whether or not package deals may be offered once all volumes will be available. Maybe - don't know today.

BUT I'm proud to announce that Greg Arce allowed us to send out one of his ingenious routines in pdf format in combination with the first 50 books of volume 1 - Upsilon. Smile

Cheers
Th.
voh002
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of voh002
Quote:
On 2013-05-07 19:47, Dr Spektor wrote:
Nice looking Paralabs black sleek look too.... nice!!!!!

vohoo2 - Paolo's work is all gold and he was one of my mentors... so although I am biased I believe you can objectively prove his work is all gold anyway!

I will take your word for it Dr. Spektor an order this set Smile
ragingcalm
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of ragingcalm
Just a quick note: I think Portos Peek was published as a bonus to Athos(?). Be that as it may, it's a great peek.
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
This collection is somthing NOT to be missed!
Paolo is a great thinker and I had the pleasure to have some of his cotibutions in my past works.
Thanks Paralabs guys!!
espkeith
View Profile
Veteran user
CT, USA
354 Posts

Profile of espkeith
Been interested in Paolo's work for some time now, and even with the bad exchange rate on the dollar, I'll just snatch them up one at a time here and there. Thanks for making these available again, guys!
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-05-08 09:25, espkeith wrote:
Been interested in Paolo's work for some time now, and even with the bad exchange rate on the dollar, I'll just snatch them up one at a time here and there. Thanks for making these available again, guys!

Don't worry about the exchange rate, my friend!
We calculated the price based on $50 anyway! So at the moment the shop says €38 as this equals $50 today. If the conversion rates change, we will adjust the price equally.

So $50 (shipping incl.) are $50 - today ... and tomorrow. Smile

Cheers
Th.
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
The opposite will also works?
If tomorrow the $ is stronger than the Euros? ;-)
I say that but my money is Swiss Francs! lol
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Whatever, Christophe! Smile

Whoever is interested can calculate with $ 50 and pay the actual conversion in € - which is € 38 today. Tomorrow it may be € 37.80 or € 38.35, ... Smile

Cheers
Th.
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
Thomas, will you be bringing copies to MindVention to sell?

John
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Of course, mate. Smile

Cheers
Th.
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
I am biased while writing this (I love, respect and adore both Paolo Cavalli & our dynamic duo @ the ParaLabs brain-trust!), and, even with that in mind, I couldn't possibly be more thrilled about this project; ALL of the creative talents involved, the sponsoring company behind its manifestation on top of the life's work and experience, pet routines, signature effects, WORLD CLASS approach, deep, thoughtful/passionate essays and active repertoire spanning across DECADES from one of the most talented, knowledgeable, properly learned, DEEP, truly experienced, giving/generous/gracious exponents of the art that we've ever known...it's almost *too much* to take in!!!

Paolo Cavalli and his contributions can, should and WILL go down as one and some of the more notable artists and great contemporary masterpieces of our time and generation, guaranteed.

I can easily single out half a dozen pieces from each of the books listed here and while I'll retain several of Cavalli's contributions therein for my own private and personal use, let me just say that the following routines alone, SOLD INDIVIDUALLY, would pay for the cost of this entire set 100X over:

UPSILON: Radarama, Psychometrack, Pendulumix, A.N. Streamlined (& various others!).

Taken alone, even those few listed above are worth more as individual items than the "asking price" of this entire series...but let's move on anyways!

OMICRON: Chairvelopes, Equinox, PKoin and "Shades" of Psychometrack/Pendulumix + "The Watermark Codex" AND "Into the White" (are you ****ing KIDDING ME?!?). "Chairvelopes" is my own *go-to* chair test...I don't have any need for others and the M.O. Is easily adapted and can be intelligently applied to several other routines and demonstrations already in your arsenal. "Equinox" is something all new and old mentalists would do well to consume in its entirety; PKoin is superb, as is the related material, and having both the "Watermark Codex" & "Into the White" together under the same roof is almost absurd and completely astounding.

If asked, I'll happily submit my honest thoughts and feelings regarding the other volumes, routines and series, as I know them all very well and hold the author as a close friend and brother in both arms & arts!

This project is EPIC. It will easily, EASILY take the written work vote and contribution of the year for 2013...no competition!

J.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On 2013-05-08 01:28, ParaLabs - Thomas wrote:
Quote:

Hi,

the point is that we will re-publish Paolo's works one by one ... and each book has to be reworked on several levels (layout, minor proof reading, type set, illustrations, ...). So it may take us about 4 to 6 weeks to finish the next volume of the series. This means that we talk about a series that is going to be published within the next 6 to 8 months.

And in all honesty I can't tell you now whether or not package deals may be offered once all volumes will be available. Maybe - don't know today.

BUT I'm proud to announce that Greg Arce allowed us to send out one of his ingenious routines in pdf format in combination with the first 50 books of volume 1 - Upsilon. Smile

Cheers
Th.

That is so cool of Greg! Thomas, can I send you a routine of mine in PDF for the next release to go out as an extra to go with the first 50 of Omicron?

Woot woot!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Paolo Cavalli's works back in print - The Cavalli Files (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL