The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Cleveland Kidnap (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2013-05-08 10:59, mastermindreader wrote:
Didn't take Rush and the wing-nuts very long did it?

He wasn't being serious. Listened to the clip that R.S. posted. Limbaugh spent the whole segment comparing the Ohio situation to an episode of Hawaii Five-0 he had seen that had a similar plot, and made a joke about Obama that lasted all of a couple of seconds. Definitely not meant to be taken seriously. Seems that "MediaMatters.org" will do about anything to drum up some attention.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Actually, it is Limbaugh himself who has demonstrated over and over again that he will do just about anything to drum up some attention. Personally, I don't think that he even believes the things he says. He doesn't refer to his followers as "ditto heads" for no reason.

For the record, here is what he said:

Quote:
“Three women missing nine plus years, found alive, all were teenagers when they disappeared. Does anybody know yet why? Has the story advanced yet? Three brothers..their brothers, Three brothers, but not related to the three women have been arrested in Cleveland, which voted Obama. Not that that has anything to do with anything. One of who has a baby. Double welfare benefits if one of the women has a baby. No, I don’t know. Fascinating that the same thing happened on Hawaii 5-0, and I guarantee you people watch it. It happened on TV. It is for real.”

Classy welfare crack about the woman who was raped and had a baby as a result.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Bob, you would have a point if I was comparing Limbaugh to Media Matters Smile I was referring to the latter, only, btw. But you're right on your second point - Limbaugh's a talk show host and part of his job is to get people talking and calling, regardless of how classless it can sometimes be. Haven't listend to Limbaugh in years, but I certainly took it as non-serious 'one-off' to Obama. The clip was about 5 minutes long.

To me, the crack you mentioned was not about the woman, but about a possible motivation for the scum who kidnapped.

We used to have a talk radio station that had a conservative from 12-3, followed by a liberal from 3-6. Sometimes they would "share" 2:00-4:00. It could be pretty wild.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On 2013-05-08 11:53, Natural Mystic wrote:
Lunatik

Quote:
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Mr. Ramsey did say something along the lines 'you know something is wrong when a pretty white girl runs into the arms of a black man'. But he's such a hero at the moment and the fact that he's a minority, he'll get a pass. If he was a white man stating the opposite, the media would hang him.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Most black people I know find that interview cringeworthy because it confirms long held stereotypes.

The Troubling Viral Trend of the “Hilarious” Black Neighbor by Aisha Harris
http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2013......deo.html

All of mine thought he was funny. Black humor is a lot of times not very PC, but that's what I like about it.
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I predict...that Charles Ramsey's interview will be made into a.... "musical".... to be seen on Youtube, 'ere this day is done...
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Good prediction.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2013-05-08 16:59, Al Angello wrote:
Good prediction.

Holy Crap, Al! I had skipped over your link, and didn't watch that until after I posted! LOL!
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
You are a mind reader.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
187 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Re the Limbaugh bit, the girls were kidnapped 10 years ago. I wonder why Limbaugh wasn't connecting the kidnappers to Bush??? Obama wasn't even on the radar back then.

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2013-05-08 18:25, R.S. wrote:
Re the Limbaugh bit, the girls were kidnapped 10 years ago. I wonder why Limbaugh wasn't connecting the kidnappers to Bush??? Obama wasn't even on the radar back then.

That would be because conservative radio hosts blame liberals. Liberal radio hosts blame conservatives. It is a never-ending cycle.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I have a cousin who works at Sears.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Is he in pants?

Well tell him to get out of them, they belong to me!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Nope an underwear modle.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2013-05-08 15:51, Chessmann wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-05-08 10:59, mastermindreader wrote:
Didn't take Rush and the wing-nuts very long did it?

He wasn't being serious. Listened to the clip that R.S. posted. Limbaugh spent the whole segment comparing the Ohio situation to an episode of Hawaii Five-0 he had seen that had a similar plot, and made a joke about Obama that lasted all of a couple of seconds. Definitely not meant to be taken seriously. Seems that "MediaMatters.org" will do about anything to drum up some attention.

Sounded more to me like he was trying to make a connection; "Look at this terrible thing that happened in a state that elected Obama."
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I just can't imagine anyone except those who are completely blinded by bias (and that is being polite) would take the connection seriously.

I also figured that if he was really trying to make a connection - if he really thought it was valid and he could make capital on it - he would have spent significant time on connecting Obama (Limbaugh is certainly not one to hold back when it comes attacking "the opposition"). But I'm not Rush, so....can only guess.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
I think everyone should search their next door neighbours house this weekend to see how many more we can find. We could spin the world in an hour.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-05-09 00:17, Chessmann wrote:
I just can't imagine anyone except those who are completely blinded by bias (and that is being polite) would take the connection seriously.

That would be a large number of his regular listeners.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
More his detractors. His listeners probably got the joke.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Sorry, Danny. Didn't know you were a fan of his.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2013-05-09 03:27, Dannydoyle wrote:
More his detractors. His listeners probably got the joke.

I don't think so. From what little listening I've done, his listeners seem to take everything he says seriously until he gets caught in an actual error. (At which point he backs into his; "I'm not a journalist, I'm an entertainer." speech.) They don't call themselves "dittoheads" for nothing.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Cleveland Kidnap (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL