The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Even MSNBC Admits It - Gun Violence is DOWN. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
And they already do Danny. Many states have CCW reciprocity agreements with states that have similar standards as their own. The attempt to impose a NATIONAL standard applicable to all states, though, is just a transparent attempt to water down CCW regulations throughout the country.

What's the next step? National open carry reciprocity laws? Carry a loaded weapon anywhere anyone wants to?
That wasn't even permitted in the Old West.
RobertSmith
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of RobertSmith
Quote:
On 2013-05-09 15:47, mastermindreader wrote:
And they already do Danny. Many states have CCW reciprocity agreements with states that have similar standards as their own. The attempt to impose a NATIONAL standard applicable to all states, though, is just a transparent attempt to water down CCW regulations throughout the country.

What's the next step? National open carry reciprocity laws? Carry a loaded weapon anywhere anyone wants to?
That wasn't even permitted in the Old West.

What if a national permit was issued at the highest standard? Sure states can have their own but a national permit could also be created. Anyone with a federal permit is clear to carry in all 50 states.

Fair?
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
I would object that a national permit is unConstitutional.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea me too.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
RobertSmith
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of RobertSmith
Quote:
On 2013-05-09 18:16, Woland wrote:

Why so?
RobertSmith
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of RobertSmith
Quote:
On 2013-05-09 18:30, Dannydoyle wrote:
Yea me too.

Why?
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2013-05-09 22:48, RobertSmith wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-05-09 18:16, Woland wrote:

Why so?

Count to 10 (much)?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
No need for sarcasam. Robert has expressed an arguement so answer him. You guys complain about attacks yet attackna LOT.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
I do have to sleep from time to time.

It's unConstitutional because establishing a license to exercise a God-given right guaranteed by the Bill of Rights is not one of the powers of Congress enumerated in the Constitution.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2013-05-10 05:29, Dannydoyle wrote:
No need for sarcasam. Robert has expressed an arguement so answer him. You guys complain about attacks yet attackna LOT.

Actually Robert has been consistently rude, condescending and aggressive in both gun threads.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16249 Posts

Profile of tommy
Actually it is well known that the word gun triggers rudeness and flights of fancy.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
RobertSmith
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of RobertSmith
Quote:
On 2013-05-10 06:04, Woland wrote:
I do have to sleep from time to time.

It's unConstitutional because establishing a license to exercise a God-given right guaranteed by the Bill of Rights is not one of the powers of Congress enumerated in the Constitution.

Well on that I agree. But I don't see that happening anytime soon. Too many folks like those in these discussions who prefer government control to freedom.
RobertSmith
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of RobertSmith
Quote:
On 2013-05-10 08:57, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Quote:

Actually Robert has been consistently rude, condescending and aggressive in both gun threads.

Only to those most worthy.
RobertSmith
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of RobertSmith
Quote:

That's their MO. I take no offense.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Danny
You know there is a very good reason why none of us ever talk to Robert Smith. LOL
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
RobertSmith
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of RobertSmith
Quote:
On 2013-05-10 09:40, Al Angello wrote:
Danny
You know there is a very good reason why none of us ever talk to Robert Smith. LOL

LOL
You're still mad I ignored your private message to me. You may say you don't talk to me but the fact is you're obsessed with me. You want to interact with me, Al. You KNOW it.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
Quote:

So to prove he is wrong and the behavior is bad it is duplicated?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
RobertSmith
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of RobertSmith
Quote:
On 2013-05-10 11:01, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

So to prove he is wrong and the behavior is bad it is duplicated?

Do as I say not as I do and all that.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Danny
A word to the wise.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Returning to the title of this thread, gun violence is not exactly "down" in Chicago, where it seems, despite (because?) of the strictest "gun control" laws in the Nation, they are certainly "down with it" -

Quote:
May 26, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- At least 17 people have been shot over the Memorial Day weekend, and six of them died.

The most recent victim was a man shot on the Near North Side just before 3 a.m. Sunday. Chicago police say the 42-year-old victim was shot in the head in the 1000-block of North Branch Street.

Another man died after he was shot in the head in a possible drive-by Saturday night in the 7300-block of South Dorchester.

Among the other victims was Leetema Daniels, 17, who was shot in the head Friday night in the 400-block of North Central Avenue. Another 18-year old man was seriously wounded in the same shooting.

There had been no arrests in that case Sunday.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Even MSNBC Admits It - Gun Violence is DOWN. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL