The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rule Of Three - By Jon Allen (36 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Merlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Palmerton, Pa
362 Posts

Profile of Merlin
Quote:
On 2013-05-10 16:15, Jon Allen wrote:
By the way, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned magnets or Velcro...

I thought mirrors, but did not want to speculate.

Phil
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Jon, can you talk about the skill level needed to perform Rule OF Three?
trueinventor
View Profile
Loyal user
Lynchburg Va
217 Posts

Profile of trueinventor
Thanks Zombie, I'm guilty of being part of the "fray"
and I needed a rest:

One magician peers over his cards at the poker table and says: "You talk too much"

The other magician lowers his hand and says: "Miss Kitty aint got no problem with
what I'm a sayin'...you'd best not either.."

...and before you know it, cards and words is just a flying everywhere!

I was beginning to hear Piano music of the kind
always heard in old Westerns as the 20 man brawls would spill out of the bars
and into the streets as tables were being overturned and townsfolk gathered round to watch. Smile

You are like Marshall Dillon who would stand off to the side, fire a shot overhead (your sensible question),
stop the fracas, change the subject, and restore calm at the Cowboy Café. Smile
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I'm more like Festus, just sort of stumbling in.....
Ezzet
View Profile
Veteran user
Sweden
391 Posts

Profile of Ezzet
Really like the look of the effect and the premise. Only negative is the ditching of the deck. I wonder how well that would work out with people standing in front of you.

Ezzet

ps The wedding trick on Jons Connected dvds is wonderful. Did it twice today and everyone loved it.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Well it's official - my wife ordered this from Penguin for my B-day today. Look forward to taking this for spin.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-05-11 00:23, saysold1 wrote:
Well it's official - my wife ordered this from Penguin for my B-day today. Look forward to taking this for spin.

saysold1 Smile

:cake:

:cheers: Smile

:dancing: Smile
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Smile

THANK YOU!!!
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Hey, Brett- I couldn't have said it better than Zombie did.

Happy Birthday!

:bat:
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Gosh, more 'speculation'!

As for the skill level, I appreciate some people have been burned with products they have bought. Maybe the trailer doesn't give a true representation of what is involved. This is especially true when it comes to getting in to the routine or showing how to get out of it. Too many are 'trailer-friendly' and you do not realise until you buy it that there is no way to start the effect unless you walk up to people already in position or that if people are not all looking at the effect in a straight line and at the same height and angle (as the camera shows it) something is going to be exposed.

There is 'a move' involved because it's only a trick and not 'real magic' Smile However, the instructions cover it and include a couple of variations for different performing circumstances. To be honest, what I did in the trailer is actually not in the instructions Smile Maybe in a re-write. The move isn't difficult to do and I've done my best to explain it in a way that doesn't make it come across as 'scary'. The gimmick that's included helps Smile

If anyone has any 'speculative' questions, that little pm button above is always open. I'm happy to answer any of your 'speculative' questions as openly and honestly as I can for you.

Cheers,
Jon
Creator of iconic magic that you will want to perform.
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
Available at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Hi Jon, I love the look of this effect and will be placing an order shortly, I think this is different and packs a huge wallop at the end, love it! interested to hear also of dans presentation?
trueinventor
View Profile
Loyal user
Lynchburg Va
217 Posts

Profile of trueinventor
Hi Brett, Happy Birthday old fella! Wouldn't have known had I not followed Zombie
here, glad I did. Smile

Brett, this is for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hyJsoPosCE
trueinventor
View Profile
Loyal user
Lynchburg Va
217 Posts

Profile of trueinventor
Quote:
On 2013-05-11 05:29, Jon Allen wrote:
Gosh, more 'speculation'!

As for the skill level, I appreciate some people have been burned with products they have bought. Maybe the trailer doesn't give a true representation of what is involved. This is especially true when it comes to getting in to the routine or showing how to get out of it. Too many are 'trailer-friendly' and you do not realise until you buy it that there is no way to start the effect unless you walk up to people already in position or that if people are not all looking at the effect in a straight line and at the same height and angle (as the camera shows it) something is going to be exposed.

There is 'a move' involved because it's only a trick and not 'real magic' Smile However, the instructions cover it and include a couple of variations for different performing circumstances. To be honest, what I did in the trailer is actually not in the instructions Smile Maybe in a re-write. The move isn't difficult to do and I've done my best to explain it in a way that doesn't make it come across as 'scary'. The gimmick that's included helps Smile

If anyone has any 'speculative' questions, that little pm button above is always open. I'm happy to answer any of your 'speculative' questions as openly and honestly as I can for you.

Cheers,
Jon

Jon, don't let the speculation faze you in the slightest. The overall Café consensus is that you have done something different and incredible regardless of what method or device you employed.

EVEN if everyone knows what is used...(even someone as unknowing about these things as me)...guys are gonna buy this because you know a path to an end no one else knows.

The speculation concerning Power of Three is very similar to the type of speculation that surrounded Casshan's "Melting Point": Obviously a unique move was being used to create the illusion..but none of us could figure the finer point out...only guess, maybe even guess closely...but none of us could acheive the ending Cashan did.

MANY of us speculated on how Casshan may have done what he did---as "Melting Point" flew, and continues to sell like crazy. Casshan just basically replied to the speculation by saying: "Yes I do a special move behind my two extended fingers and I would love to show you what it is! Smile"

Likewise with your beautiful new illusion.

You could have even said: "I use THIS kind of ***** and sprinkle on two pinches of ******" and STILL no one would end up where you end up without your teaching...UNLESS of course it was LOKI or Zombie who would never hint that they knew anything. Smile

Most speculation on this site is just of the kind excited kids do when they see one of their sports heros do something out of the ordinary: "What finger position is he using to get his curve ball do THAT??" Excitement and speculation go hand in hand. Something that doesn't generate enough interest to generate speculation is probably going to stay on the shelf.

Some speculation may be sinsister, but the huge majority is really born of excitement and admiration and it naturally comes out in discussion among those with
similar interests. This IS a Café after all! Smile

Jon, Café speculation cannot be stopped any more than I can be stopped from writing posts that are too long: it's in my DNA and Speculation is in the Café's DNA Smile

Your beautiful illusion is of such a caliber that Brett's wife chose it as a birthday present for her husband who she knows very well...and she knew He would LOVE it regardless of what he knows.

CASE CLOSED! POWER of THREE rules! and it will sell no matter who guesses what.
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Quote:
On 2013-05-11 10:58, Daren wrote:
Hi Jon, I love the look of this effect and will be placing an order shortly, I think this is different and packs a huge wallop at the end, love it! interested to hear also of dans presentation?

Hi Daren,

Dan's presentation takes the prediction into a completely different area.... I like it a lot and keep arguing with myself as to whether mine or his is better Smile

You'll see it for yourself when you get it after you order Smile

Cheers,
Jon
Creator of iconic magic that you will want to perform.
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
Available at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
It's not unusual for me to carry 4 decks of cards with me at any given time.

Now that I feel the need to add Card Shark's "Overkill" Deck and "Rule of Three", along with an Aronson Deck, to my collection of working decks, I'm going to have to figure out how to raise that number to 7.

I have not yet had any real-world experience with "Rule of Three"; just several days of fooling around with it so far, but I can say that I definitely like this a lot.

Simple to perform.
A fairly amazing outcome.
What more could you ask for from a trick?

The hardest thing you will have to do here is read the directions- my DVD must have gotten lost in the mail.

Well actually, the hardest thing you'll have to do is emulate Jon Allen's performance of excellence. That's what I'm working on right now- there's nothing here harder than that!

Since I am familiar with what Card Shark offers on their website and I have a basic knowledge of some magic methods, there was really no surprise as to what is going on here. But it's a beautiful thing nonetheless.

If you asked 40 people what the third most commonly chosen playing card is, you would probably get 39 different answers. Yet you will always match what your spectator chooses. Somehow you and they both just instinctively know which card it is!

And I'll give you the answer right here and now.
5 of Diamonds.
That's what you were thinking, no?

Don't worry if you and I were on the wrong wavelength here. It doesn't always work over long distances. But you won't be wrong in real life. Ever!

Get this. Use it. You won't be sorry!

Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I keep watching the full performance because the routine construction just makes smile over and over again. Even though one person names the 3rd most popular card, an entire group of people are drawn into it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CytuXsCbL0

Usually when I watch trailers, I start to think how I would change certain things. I can't with Rule Of Three.
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Absolutely true, Zombie!

I don't usually watch videos like this over and over, but this one has me doing that. There is no DVD with this, so you'd have to go back to this video to see how Jon works it.

Heck, I'd rather watch Jon's performance than do it myself!

BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Speaking of videos, I see that in the printed instructions for "Rule of Three", Jon provides one of those newfangled QR code things that you scan with one of those other newfangled smartphone devices, and that takes you to an exclusive video performance.

Since I'm one of those old guys that is not up to speed with these things, I can't access the video that way.

Can someone here provide me with a "www." link via a PM so that I can watch the video?

I'll provide you with any kind of proof from the printed instructions to show you that I actually own this item.

For instance, Jon thanks 4 people on the first instruction page. The first to be thanked is some hair stylist that got caught in a "Blizzard" several years ago; the second is some guy from Germany; third is someone who was well known for a nest of something or other; and the last to be thanked is some other guy who calls himself a "Magician, Writer, Jew" if you go to his website. There are also 16 numbered full color photos, and 7 more QR codes toward the back of the instructions.

If you need more proof than that, let me know and I'll be glad to provide it. You should be convinced, though.

Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
BatsMagic, I'm sure Jon can help you out.
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Quote:
some hair stylist that got caught in a "Blizzard" several years ago

LOL. Did they manage to save the guy? Smile
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rule Of Three - By Jon Allen (36 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL