The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Bangladesh rescuers find woman alive after 17 days in rubble (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Bangladesh rescuers find woman alive after 17 days in rubble

A seamstress buried in the wreckage of a collapsed garment factory building in Bangladesh for 17 days was rescued today, a miraculous moment set against a scene of unimaginable horror, where the death toll shot past 1,000.

Reshma was in such good shape she was able to walk, according to one rescuer. She said she survived on dried food and bottled water. She was discovered near a Muslim prayer room in the basement of the eight-story Rana Plaza building, where crews have been focused on recovering bodies, not rescuing survivors, since late April.

I heard voices of the rescue workers for the past several days. I kept hitting the wreckage with sticks and rods just to attract their attention," she told the private Somoy TV from her hospital bed as doctors and nurses milled about, giving her saline and checking her condition.

"No one heard me. It was so bad for me. I never dreamed I'd see the daylight again," she said.

"There was some dried food around me. I ate the dried food for 15 days. The last two days I had nothing but water. I used to drink only a limited quantity of water to save it. I had some bottles of water around me," she said.

The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Wow, happy for her.

Sad for all of them.

RIP to all the victims. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Amazing.
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Never give up!
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
It was not her time.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4954 Posts

Profile of landmark
Just extraordinary. Thank goodness she survived.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Bangladesh rescuers find woman alive after 17 days in rubble (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL