The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Epic FAIL! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
trueinventor
View Profile
Loyal user
Lynchburg Va
217 Posts

Profile of trueinventor
Quote:
On 2013-05-11 07:39, Xiqual wrote:
Who keeps saying "Oh no! Oh no Criss!" In the beginning of the video?
James

Hi James! Smile My two candidates would be either "Gumby" the little clay fellow who
was famous for saying "Oh no!" and was perhaps next to Criss but out of the camera's
viewing area since I think he's only 7 inches tall...

OR it could have been the little voice inside Criss' head in overdrive enabling the
microphone to actually pick it up. If you have ever seen me attempt illusions,
you would hear: "Oh no!" on cue every other minute. Smile ...Smile

Come to think of it, if I ever go pro I think a fitting stage introduction
and name for me would be:

"Ladies and Gentleman, I give you the Amazing: "OH NO!"
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1323 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Boring.... especially to make an audience wait for 3 hours as the woman in the clip said! Lynn
magicmanstl
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of magicmanstl
[/quote]

Gosh, I hope the video wasn't too confusing. I did have that text in the intro. But the reason I'm not getting more into the theft here is that I have a story coming out on Wired.com about the situation, and for legal purposes I can't copy my own words here, before they see print on Wired.com. Not trying to be a tease or anything! Smile
[/quote]

Really looking forward to that article on Wired.com can you let us know when that is coming out.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Couldn't happen to a better guy.
mumford
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of mumford
Indeed the obvious fact of his success has provided him a remarkable degree of teflon-like protection against the constant charges of theft to which he has been subjected. I'm told by a low level tv executive - who doesn't want me to use their name - so believe this or not - that when confronted about this situation Criss gave a blank-faced denial of theft and claimed that his own consultants had thought of the idea independantly after seeing it in a movie. Even in the unlikely event that they had, the fact that his Vegas neighbor Jan has been repeatedly doing the trick would prevent an ethical performer from doing it. Besides, is copying an idea from a movie really the same as independantly thinking of an idea?
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1345 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Had to laugh at this: On itricks they posted an article about the spectacle. He had this to say "We built up the drama of the demonstration especially for television, so immediately some critics said I was screwing up and getting it wrong. But it was designed that way, and they don’t understand television nor are they appearing on it. We had to have the tease and the excitement before the commercial break before the final 6 minutes of the falling swords."

He really does believe his own BS and thinks everyone who was there is stupid and a liar.
Official Thread Killer
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3615 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
... "it was designed that way"... just remember that line and say all that practice time...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Epic FAIL! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL