The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Builder Needed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicalmischief
View Profile
Loyal user
Massachusetts
239 Posts

Profile of magicalmischief
I am looking for someone who can build a nice yet inexpensive take-apart vanish. The one that is in Wilson's Cyclopedia of Magic is what I am primarily interested in.
Seems to me that death is just natures way of telling us to SLOW DOWN!
m.ruetz
View Profile
Veteran user
Peoria Arizona, USA
378 Posts

Profile of m.ruetz
Your best bet is to pick up a used one on eBay. You may need to look for a few weeks to find the right one but it is probably cheaper than trying to have someone make one for you. Livestock tricks (because they require livestock to be useful) seem to go quite inexpensively on eBay compared to more generic props such as a square circle.

Matt.
MagicGizmo: Magic Articles, Classifieds, Videos, and more
http://magicgizmo.com
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1447 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
There are many craftsmen here in Turkey, but it is too far for you. Maybe on a trip to here you may give a try. Smile Smile Smile
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
Doolah
View Profile
New user
Grand Rapids, MI
5 Posts

Profile of Doolah
I build custom illusions. I know I am a new member here but I have been doing magic over the span of 30 years and am a member in good standing of the IBM and Ring 211. I am a finish carpenter and finish painter from the "Furniture City" and have access to the finest wood, veneers and furniture, specialty hardware and cabinet parts from Baker, Herman Miller, and Steelcase.
Someday I hope to build illusions full time but until such time as I build sufficient reputation, the illusions I build for people I do free.
All I require are detailed plans as to how YOU want it to be built and function, probably a script of how you want the effect to run, including name of the effect you are coming out of and going into after.
What you pay is the price of the materials for two (2) effects. You get one, COD, and I keep the other for myself or for sale. If it is a "secret" or one of a kind effect, you would pay for the materials up front and for the labor on delivery. I can provide an estimate for the labor on a "not to exceed" bid.
Should an effect require electronics, lights, flash pots, motors, or robotics, I collaborate with a local electronics engineer who is employed by an established entertainment and production company here in GR. He is also a magician. His fees and conditions would be up to him. Using him covers my "6" on safety concerns.
Let me know if I can be of any assistance!
Doolah
wa-na-be
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of wa-na-be
Hi, I am a new user also. I am also a wood worker and have been working on a few different props one being a take apart vanish. I made 2, so if you are interested e-mail me.
Chris
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Builder Needed (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL