The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Comedy Microphone - Richard Griffin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Here's the official spam:

Effect: Magician approaches the microphone to speak, but it does not work. He looks to the sound guy and as he does the top of the microphone pops off, he picks it up and places it back on the microphone. It pops off again surprising the magician. He picks it up again and places it back, this time it pops off into his face. Placing the top on again, he looks for a switch to turn the microphone on, as he does the microphone explodes sending a flash of fire and sparks into the air.

A great comedy gag for comedy magicians, comperes and children's magicians.

MSRP: $79.95 Penguin price: $59.96 http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S15333

I now have this and will be using it as a brief opener for young children's shows in conjunction with the Comedy Microphone Stand http://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/578, which I purchased used here on the Café.

This "Comedy Microphone," IMO, is a brilliant prop for anyone who wants to add a bit of slapstick ala the Pop-off Wand, but wants to use something more congruent to a typical show. I know many folks love the Pop-off Wand, but I was never interested because it just really doesn't look like a wand. This, on the other hand, looks exactly like a microphone, plus it allows for pyrotechnics as a kicker at the end. It's well made and performs exactly as in the demo.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Looks good, I might have to get this.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
It does indeed look good.
Sparks a lot of ideas.
Todd
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
3009 Posts

Anyone know where to get sparkles to add to the flash cotton? It's a suggested part of the routine, and would certainly look good, but I'm having a hard time finding a source. Thanks.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-05-20 00:34, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
Anyone know where to get sparkles to add to the flash cotton? It's a suggested part of the routine, and would certainly look good, but I'm having a hard time finding a source. Thanks.

Sparkle Additive CLICK HERE
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
3009 Posts

That's it! Thanks, Zombie!
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
3009 Posts

Tried this for a b-day party yesterday for a 3 year old, with kids ranging in age from 3-8, in conjunction with the Comedy Microphone Stand. Not a bad way to start the show, but it really didn't get the yucks I was hoping for. Maybe that's just me. Didn't use music, and somehow I suspect this would go down better with a backing track to get the party hopping. But it was fun, if not a gut buster for the kids. Skipped the part with the flame and sparkles, because the show was in a 200+ year old log house with unfinished heart of pine floors that looked like a tinder box made of dried kindling.
thorsten dankworth
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of thorsten dankworth
Old, lame and not really funny, not even for children obviously.
Harrismatic
View Profile
Elite user
Greece
434 Posts

Profile of Harrismatic
I wouldn't say that this is not good. It may be pricey and it may not get tremendous reactions but I believe that it is a great way to catch the attention. If you manage to do that you can get the most potential from the effects that are going to follow.

By performing it without the sparks and fire I believe that you lose most of its power though.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
3009 Posts

I agree that you lose a lot of the power by not using the flame/spark feature. Unfortunately, you can't use that everywhere, and you never really know what you're dealing with until you arrive at the venue.

But I still think this has some good potential with young kids, so I'm going to keep on using it, but next time with music and hopefully in a place where the pyrotechnics are not a hazard.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
For that age the Topsy Popsy wand is perfect. Basically the same effect. The white tips keep flying off the oversized magic wand.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Kellusion Magic
View Profile
New user
Manchester UK
4 Posts

Profile of Kellusion Magic
Hi

I want to combine the comedy microphone with the exploding microphone by Derek Rutland.

Does anyone know of a reputable company I can buy from (Preferably in the UK) or does anyone have one to sell?

Many thanks. Mark
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
774 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
I can see this working great at a family show... a nice wide range of ages , after all laughter is contagious...

Junior Smile
J Rodriguez
lukecookmagic
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of lukecookmagic
Hi
I have a few bottles of electric crackling flash powder that can be used on flashwool.
Great effect for this product .
visit www.lukecookmagic.co.uk and click shop.
hope this helps .
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Comedy Microphone - Richard Griffin (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL