The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » New Purchases That Get a Lot of Performance Time? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
After all the new product hype and purchasing, what do you actually perform? It would be great to know over the past few years of new product purchasing what are you actually using on a regular basis? For myself, I get a lot of use from Multi-Dimensional, a Jamie Schoolcraft shell, Roth Coin Box Set and an Invisible Deck.
ncsteve
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
313 Posts

Profile of ncsteve
This isn't very new but the best money (& time) I've spent lately is learning Extreme Burn 2. It's easy,relatively angle proof & gets killer reactions.
Mark Jarvis
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of Mark Jarvis
The effects that get a lot of my performance time and worth their price (some of them newer some not)

Walk Around:

Collateral
Slow Motion Bill Transpo
The Big Reaction
Bag 4 Life
Powerball 60
Deluxe Nest of Wallets
Phil (One of my all-time favorites)
Spoon Around

Stand-Up with Larger Crowds

Gazzo Tossed Out Deck
Fiber Optics Routine
Stabbed & Shot
Spoon Around (This is a little higher in cost but is definitely worth the money you spend. Never fails to get fantastic reactions) Here is a link to Axel Hecklau performing the effect. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4_QDt6_ab4&feature=player_embedded#! . I love performing the second routine starting at 1:28 on the video.

When I am out & about I love doing a little magic in stores or waiting in line at a movie and such. In these situations I always seem to lean towards Slow Motion Bill Transpo, Powerball 60 and Deluxe Nest of Wallets. Never leave how without them.

Mark
Mark Jarvis
The Magic Of Magic
Solon, Ohio
The Magic Is In Your Hands
http://www.themagicofmagic.com
Mike Kirby
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Mike Kirby
Deluxe Nest of Wallets. Best magic purchase in a long time. This will never end up in a drawer.
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
I just looked at Collateral and it looks fantastic. The reason I posted this thread was to try to get beyond the new product hype and try to surface some great effects that are really working for other magicians. Mark - thanks for the suggestion with Collateral, I will definitely give this some serious consideration. I already own and perform Extreme Burn and agree that it is a very strong bill transformation. Hopefully many others will contribute their ideas.
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1087 Posts

Profile of taller8
Magic we actually use? I'm confused.

All of my magic is neatly organized in my 4 magic drawers in alphabedical order.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
21st century phantom, fantastic effect, leaves the spectator with a souvenir. It is the one trick I am repeatedly asked for, gives the impression of grreat skill where none is needed. A Little time consuming to prepare but well worth the trouble.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Alex Tan
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
290 Posts

Profile of Alex Tan
Quote:
On 2013-05-14 02:31, taller8 wrote:

All of my magic is neatly organized in my 4 magic drawers in alphabedical order.

Hahaha... Thanks for the biggest laugh I've had for the week Smile
LeoH
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of LeoH
My best recent purchase that I use is Bro.Paul's "Stupid Bean Trick". It is fun for me and the audience and fits my performance style.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2013-05-14 02:31, taller8 wrote:

Like! ^

That's rich Taller!

Thanks!

Jim
Jmolomagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Victorville
332 Posts

Profile of Jmolomagic
I have been using these effects during my walk around gigs:

Extreme Burn 2.0
Pressure
Ignition

Scratch
Omni Pen
Deluxe Nest of Wallets

Omni Deck
Jonathan Molo
360-989-6602
www.JonathanMolo.com
squando
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of squando
My core right now:

Extreme burn
Sponge balls
Invisible deck
Omni deck
Frank
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Pointless, not new but gets a lot og mileage. Slide to hand out business cards gets superb reactions. Few carf routines, Cheque This by Cameron Francis and a few card routines from JM. Specifically Mercury Aces from his 420 project and Quantum which I don't know is released yet.

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
I usually perform my own tricks . . . but the tricks that I always do that are not mine are:

Powerball 60 (With iForce it's STRONG)
Exact Change
Invisible Deck (with Jay Sankey's X subtlety)
Smoke (by Alan Rorrison with a coin routine)

Greg Rostami
Magic Rik
View Profile
Loyal user
Eastern Canada
296 Posts

Profile of Magic Rik
Deluxe Nest of Wallets!
Magic Rik

Life itself is magic - I just want to help a bit!

https://www.facebook.com/Magic.by.Rik
NateReeves
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of NateReeves
The newer things that I use often are:
Chop (I use it in the hands with a small cup that fits in my pocket)
Trinity system (not really a trick but it's awesome and I use it all the time)
Clip shift by Chad Nelson (great move)
Extreme burn
Stand up monte

I want to get omnipen soon. I know I will use that.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2013-05-12 11:04, Mark Jarvis wrote:
The effects that get a lot of my performance time and worth their price (some of them newer some not)

Walk Around:

Collateral
Slow Motion Bill Transpo
The Big Reaction
Bag 4 Life
Powerball 60
Deluxe Nest of Wallets
Phil (One of my all-time favorites)
Spoon Around

Stand-Up with Larger Crowds

Gazzo Tossed Out Deck
Fiber Optics Routine
Stabbed & Shot
Spoon Around (This is a little higher in cost but is definitely worth the money you spend. Never fails to get fantastic reactions) Here is a link to Axel Hecklau performing the effect. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4_QDt6_ab4&feature=player_embedded#! . I love performing the second routine starting at 1:28 on the video.

When I am out & about I love doing a little magic in stores or waiting in line at a movie and such. In these situations I always seem to lean towards Slow Motion Bill Transpo, Powerball 60 and Deluxe Nest of Wallets. Never leave how without them.

Mark

I like the looks of spoonaround and do see some mentalism possibilities. Thanks Mark.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » New Purchases That Get a Lot of Performance Time? (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL