The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Rich gets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16042 Posts

Profile of tommy
Richer.

The Rich Have Gained $5.6 Trillion in the 'Recovery,' While the Rest of Us Have Lost $669 Billion

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/les-leopol......528.html
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
And the bellhop got the missing $4,931,000,000,000.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16042 Posts

Profile of tommy
Is there anything more creepy than a bellhop?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20428 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2013-05-13 16:01, LobowolfXXX wrote:

I.was.thinking of that same puzzle every time someone brings up this sort of lunacy.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4954 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2013-05-13 16:01, LobowolfXXX wrote:

I hereby relinquish my Inapt Analogy Oscar™ award to you.
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Just out of curiosity, what is huffingtonpost? Is it a left leaning newspaper? Or would the fair minded individual consider it a fairly objective news source? Or is that just the wrong question to ask?
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4954 Posts

Profile of landmark
It used to be more to the left, now it tends to be Obama-ish. It's not a newspaper, it's a series of columns by people who are no longer paid, run by the wealthy (and former virulent right-winger) Ariana Huffington.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16042 Posts

Profile of tommy
The original article is from altnet org it says in the article with a link.

Tommy
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Quote:
On 2013-05-13 21:08, landmark wrote:
It used to be more to the left, now it tends to be Obama-ish. It's not a newspaper, it's a series of columns by people who are no longer paid, run by the wealthy (and former virulent right-winger) Ariana Huffington.

So Ariana Huffington converted to liberalism and abandoned the right?
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4954 Posts

Profile of landmark
So she says. She was married to a very wealthy right-wing guy who IIRC was having gay affairs while married to her. She has since divorced him.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
You have to understand that landmark's definition of left leaning is quite different than just about anyone else's definition here. If you like Obama or the Clinton's landmark considers you a right winger. Please take that into account when reading anything he might say about whether a group or person is liberal or leftist.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-05-13 21:08, landmark wrote:

It used to be more to the left but now it tends to be Obama-ish? Are you kidding? Obama is the most far left president in the history of our country. Yikes, you can't get any more left than him. Come on landmark, I don't like to engage in these things anymore, but to suggest that Obama isn't far left is simply absurd. And that's ok, btw, a position is a position and I respect them all, but let's at least be realistic about the position.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16042 Posts

Profile of tommy
As you stand there quibbling over whether the messenger is left or right, the rich are still robbing you left right and centre don't you know. Which is a clue to how they do it.

Tommy
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Well, Tommy, as the only one who understands how it all works, don't you think you owe it to the rest of us to do something about it?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16042 Posts

Profile of tommy
No.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Rich gets (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL