The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Triple Intuition by Dani DaOrtiz (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
The trailer fooled me. No clue how it was done.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S15378

"Dani has designed a deck that appears normal and random at every turn, but hides a secret that allows the Magician to know selected cards and where they are in the deck".

Dani DaOrtiz
Jupiter47
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of Jupiter47
Wow, doesn't seem possible!
kmagicman
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of kmagicman
I have a strange feeling that we are not seeing the entire performance...If we are, on the other hand, this fooled me badly.
gimmickless
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of gimmickless
I am sure this is not the full performance Smile
baobow
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of baobow
This has been out for sometime. Super effect. (The less better knowing about it the better). I sometimes use it as a closer for formal close up shows. It is very strong
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
This effect is fabulous. I've seen Dani's lecture a good 3-4 times, and he closes the lecture with this effect. I purchased it the first time I saw the lecture (written instructions, no DVD). It has some very clever thinking, is easy to do, and is really powerful. I know a lot of folks don't like to carry a "special" deck that's dedicated to only 1 effect, but this one is well worth it.
Kevin Reylek
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2013-05-13 20:04, Mercury52 wrote:

This effect is fabulous. I've seen Dani's lecture a good 3-4 times, and he closes the lecture with this effect. I purchased it the first time I saw the lecture (written instructions, no DVD).

* It has some very clever thinking, is easy to do, and is really powerful.

* I know a lot of folks don't like to carry a "special" deck that's dedicated to only 1 effect, but this one is well worth it.

I fully agree with you.

Highly recommended.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Great effect indeed but I seriously don't understand the trailer. It's not an ACAAN by all means.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Really liked the effect, its got me thinking, so far no idea.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
That trailer is not "Triple Intuition."
MovieMan
View Profile
Special user
569 Posts

Profile of MovieMan
Quote:
On 2013-05-13 21:25, bugjack wrote:
That trailer is not "Triple Intuition."

Yeah, that does not seem like the effect described. What's the deal?
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I didn't watch the trailer on the Penguin site before making my comments earlier, since I have seen the Triple Intuition effect live several times.

It does appear that a mistake has been made, and the product page is showing a Card at Any Number effect instead of Triple Intuition. I'd imagine it will be corrected soon.

The Triple Intuition effect involves 3 spectators selecting cards, and then using their intuition to find their own cards. It is very fair, direct, easy, and amazing.

I don't know anything about the CAAN effect - maybe it will be another release that Dani is offering soon. Though reading the ad copy, it does mention using this deck to reveal a selection at a number. So perhaps it's also possible that the demo is showing a secondary effect that's possible with this deck, rather than the main triple reveal?

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Here is Triple Intuicion. It is great effect that I recommend for anyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYl_Z2dVVag
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Quote:
On 2013-05-14 12:50, Mercury52 wrote:
I didn't watch the trailer on the Penguin site before making my comments earlier, since I have seen the Triple Intuition effect live several times.

It does appear that a mistake has been made, and the product page is showing a Card at Any Number effect instead of Triple Intuition. I'd imagine it will be corrected soon.

The Triple Intuition effect involves 3 spectators selecting cards, and then using their intuition to find their own cards. It is very fair, direct, easy, and amazing.

I don't know anything about the CAAN effect - maybe it will be another release that Dani is offering soon. Though reading the ad copy, it does mention using this deck to reveal a selection at a number. So perhaps it's also possible that the demo is showing a secondary effect that's possible with this deck, rather than the main triple reveal?

Kevin

Hey Kevin,

That's interesting. Knowing Triple Intuition as well, I assumed Penguin just made a mistake. But you may be right. I think if you know Dani's work you have some idea of what's going on in the demo... but I could see how using the Triple Intuition deck would make that effect easier.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
The new version that came out with dvd has extra Card at any number routine there. The demo video is incomplete and doesn't show full performance. The selection procedure is totally cut away.

J-M
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
Horrible, don't but it...what a waste of money ;-)
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
This guy is a genious. His stuff is great not always that simple however.

I have a lot of his effects. Great stuff
DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of DelMagic
I watched Dani perform Triple Intuition at a lecture a few months ago. As he is going through the elimination procedure with the last card, when he reaches the point just before the last card is revealed, you are saying to yourself, "THERE IS NO WAY!"....but Dani does it anyway. It was simply astounding. I don't care if it takes 3 gimmicked decks, it is a reputation maker.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Well, there goes more of my hard earned money.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3238 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I have watched both trailers - am I right in thinking that the extra card now supplied makes the CAAN effect possible and so the trailer on the Penguin site is correct, or have Penguin accidentally put up the wrong trailer?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Triple Intuition by Dani DaOrtiz (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL