The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » WOW! Is The Flying Car Really Here!? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Found this interesting news article on the flying car:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a......ars.html
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4969 Posts

Profile of landmark
Flubber.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5942 Posts

Profile of george1953
Great idea, cant see any problems at all , will I have to take a test or is my current license ok Smile
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Very nice. There have been snap-on wing/engine combinations produced as experimentals for decades, but perhaps this model will be more available.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
With a $300,000 price tag, I guess I'll keep my old landlocked clunker Smile .
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1104 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
Vertical take off? Most unlikely.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim

Two people have been injured after an experimental flying car crashed into a tree Friday morning near a school in Vernon, B.C.

The aircraft clipped a fence behind Vernon's Ellison Elementary School, hit the tree and crashed a few metres from school property just before 9 a.m. PT.

Made by a Florida company, the flying car is a combination of a plane engine, propeller and parasail attached to a dune buggy.

RCMP spokesperson Gord Molendyk said there are indications the contraption had taken off from the airport in Vernon.

"It looked like it was on its approach," Molendyk said. "There was motor sound and people looked up and it got into trouble and came through the fence and into the trees here."

Molendyk said the pilot and his passenger had to be pulled from the tree. They suffered minor injuries and were taken to hospital. They have since been released.

No one was hurt on the ground, although children from the school were preparing on the nearby grounds for a track and field day. More
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1297 Posts

Profile of GlenD
This car, or versions of it, has been around a few years now. I'm not sure how registrations and FAA regulations apply but it would seem to be a problem if it ever became affordable to the masses.

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Quote:
On 2013-05-15 12:04, GlenD wrote:
This car, or versions of it, has been around a few years now. I'm not sure how registrations and FAA regulations apply but it would seem to be a problem if it ever became affordable to the masses.

GlenD

The company that makes the flying car, Terrafugia, I think got approval by the FAA and Department of Transportation for their first version. You can take their first version of the flying car and fuel it up at the gas station where regular cars go to refuel, but I believe you have to take it to an airport to get it airborne. The second type they are working on has vertical take off capabilities like a helicopter and then some type of other engine that takes over for flying after the helicopter type lift off from the ground.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » WOW! Is The Flying Car Really Here!? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL