The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Human or extraterrerstrial? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6752 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Ya wanna feel really small? Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4iD-9GSW-0

Doug
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2013-05-20 08:30, Dougini wrote:
This photo I put up is NOT an artifact of photography! Two satellites, a Chinese and an Americam got this same photo. However when the photo was published, the "machine" was blurred out. WHY?

Again, it doesn't matter. Just remember this conversation. Laugh if you want. I'll laugh right along with you! It seems outrageous, ludicrous, and a complete fantasy! I'm not trying to convince you. I'm just putting up the little bit of info I have, for those who have an open mind.

Doug

A photograph of WHAT, exactly? I guess, like the face on Mars, that people see what they want to see.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
I think it was on the moon that the Watcher provided Reed Richards with the device to thwart Galactus so it's quite possible that the photograph is of the entrance to that secret location.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
I want to see faces on Uranus. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6752 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Ha! Pakar you crack me up! Smile

This appears to be a machine. After discussing this with the Lt. Col., he feels it is a mining machine of some sort. Photo artifacts? Hardly. We've concluded this is real. It is NOT the only one. There are...ruins elsewhere. Incredible constructs. Towers over a mile tall. NASA knows MUCH more than they're telling us. Fact.

Ya know, that might be for the best. We as a species are not mature enough to deal with technology of this type. We're too involved in grubbing money. We are short-sighted. Violent. Close-minded! My first glimpse of this (before it was public domain) convinced me immediately that we are NOT alone.

We were warned away from The Moon. That much is clear. By whom...well, that's for speculation and comedy! Smile

Doug
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Woah. The Lt. Col. seems to be an expert in everything! Like I said earlier, mine is an expert on Bigfoot and chupacabras. (But, then again, he is a bit of a wingnut.)

BTW- You can write "Fact" after any sentence you like, but it does not make it so. And note that William of Okkam didn't use his razor for shaving.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6752 Posts

Profile of Dougini
True. Smile That's fine. You can take it as truth or not. No, the Lt. Col. is not an expert on everything. The Major has more, but I don't talk to him as often. Hey, wingnut is good! I'm a bit of a hex-nut myself.

Bigfoot is mainly in The Northeast. The chupas'...I don't worry about too much. However, we don't have enough information. Just these photos. As to what we (they, whoever) are doing about this...it's all hush-hush. I agree! WHY??? Who benefits from all this? You'd think we'd spend the defense budget trying to uncover this!

And my question is, if this "machinery" is still in operational state, who is running it?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20383 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I think the most certain proof of intelligent life on other planets is the fact they have not tried to contact us.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
No upside?
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1650 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Quote:

On 2013-05-20 15:54, Dannydoyle wrote:

I think the most certain proof of intelligent life on other planets is the fact they have not tried to contact us.

Nor have they tried to meet out leaders.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-05-20 15:17, Dougini wrote:

And my question is, if this "machinery" is still in operational state, who is running it?

And your question succinctly demonstrates how conspiracy theories grow. IF the picture depicts a "machine," then what IF it is still operable, and IF it is, who is running it? {And WHY are "they" covering up the answers?}

That's a lot of action from a highly ambiguous compressed JPEG.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20383 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It is also mixed with flawed logic, pseudo intellectual babble and outright assuming the conclusion in most cases.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Here's some further relevant information:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Mars_Anomaly_Research
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1650 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
silvercup
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of silvercup
Quote:
On 2013-05-17 12:09, Dannydoyle wrote:
Great use of sarcasm to cover not having a point to make.

Point already made.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2013-05-20 18:51, Mehtas wrote:
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b241/m......fe4d.jpg

Ha, ha love that find. Great post.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
197 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On 2013-05-20 10:09, acesover wrote:
I am not saying there is life other than what is here on earth. Because I don't know. But I do consider this a g reat beer and pretzels topic. However I don't know how you can make a statement like the one you made: "As far as our own Solar system, it's highly unlikely that advanced life forms exist outside of Earth. It seems there are only 2 planets in our solar system which would be conducive to advanced life - Earth and maybe Mars". Now if you added the words "as we know it". I could go along with it. Whatever conditions exist anywhere with evolution why is it not possible for "some sort of life to start" and evolve into who knows what? Again I am not saying life exists elsewhere because as I have stated I really don't know whether it does or not.

I really don't have any idea how much of our own galaxy our astronomers can cover 24/7. But by guess is that it is rather minute considering the vastness we are talking about. Compounded by the fact of observing, finding something as small as a vessel from another planet I believe the chances of this are rather remote if not downright impossible except by chance. Chance caused by as mentioned before an accident.

Again let me say that I am not here saying that other life especially intelligent life exists anywhere else but here on good old earth, because I don't know. And I use the term intelligent life here on earth with tongue in cheek. Smile But it is a fun topic to ponder. pic.

Just think about it. With the analogy you gave with the softball pinhead etc. how much we cannot cover just here in our own galaxy. Take a grain of sand and cast it from a plane over the largest desert known then go back a year later and try and find it. From what I gather that is about how vast the universe is and about the same chance of finding life if it exists. Of course it all depends on how abundant that life is and how many forms or it exist. Is there only one other intelligent life form out there? Why would that be? if there are two why not 3 why not 4 why not 5 thousand etc. It seems as the numbers we are dealing with are so staggering and cannot be imagined. That is why religion comes into so many discussions of a topic such as this.

The catach phrase, "WE ARE NOT ALONE", is fun to ponder and discuss. But lets not take ourselves to seriously on this because we just don't know.

Many ask why would a very intelligent life form want to bother with us? Same reason we do research on all sorts of life forms found here on earth. To discover things and possibly find where we came from. Don't you think these intelligent life forms would like to know where they originated...maybe they came from things like people on that speck in space called earth. Smile

The 6 planets other than Earth and Mars present rather serious challenges to advanced life gaining a foothold (and even for primitive life in some cases). Not impossible mind you, but certainly daunting. I won't go into detail here, but it's easy enough to do your own research on the conditions of those planets.

It's not so much that astronomers are systematically searching other solar systems for alien spacecraft (that level of resolution wouldn't be possible anyway). It's more that astronomers are always looking skyward, so if a UFO that's already in our skies approached their field of vision they would certainly notice it. So between the tens of thousands of amateur and professional astronomers, and the millions of people who nowadays have a cell phone with a camera, you would think that there would be an abundance of high quality (and corroborated) evidence for these UFOs that are supposedly ubiquitous. But there isn't. Also, there are something like 13,000 satellites in orbit around Earth. Add to that the tens of thousands of planes in the sky at any moment, along with radar that is constantly tracking them, and it would seem unlikely that UFOs could avoid detection for very long.

You're right, biological research would be one motivation for aliens. BUT... you've got to satisfy a LOT of conditions before we ever get to the point of assuming visitation and questioning motivations.

Pass the beer and pretzels, please. Smile

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Here's the thing about UFOs. Astronomers never see them. Not the professionals nor the amateurs. Never. And nobody looks at the sky more than they do. You'd think that with all the time that amateur and professional astronomers are looking up, one of them would see the UFOs that people who never look up seem to find.

Of course, astronomers have a big body of knowledge of what things look like. It's a handicap in the UFO business, apparently Smile
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
197 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On 2013-05-20 18:45, mastermindreader wrote:
Here's some further relevant information:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Mars_Anomaly_Research

Thanks Bob! From your link:

**Claims such as these denigrate the hard work of those who are trying to learn about the real Mars. There are thousands of dedicated scientists for whom the discovery of Martian life would be the pinnacle of their careers, the greatest advance in human knowledge of our time. To suggest that these people, including the late Carl Sagan, would intentionally obfuscate evidence of this, is deeply insulting.**

This is so true. The thing that strikes me about the assorted UFO/alien debates is that the REAL facts of the universe, the REAL knowledge that we have gained, is deeply fascinating and much more interesting than any wild speculation or anecdotal stories. The UFO crowd generally dismisses science/astronomy as a boring and ultimately fruitless endeavor at best, and at worst, as conspiratorial. UFO stories satisfy their thirst for the sensational and the incredible, as well as connecting them to the universe at large. I understand that feeling very well. But a serious pursuit of astronomy will provide that same feeling 10 times over! Astronomy provides so many amazing facts about the universe we inhabit that you can't help but be in awe! Furthermore, how we came to know these things is equally inspiring. Black holes, neutron stars, supernovae, etc. are all REAL, and therefore provide wonderment that no half-baked UFO story ever could. Did you know that every atom in your body at this moment came from a star that died? And that the atoms in your left hand may have come from a different star than the atoms in your right hand? We know this to be true. Think of that when you look at the night sky. These precious gems of knowledge that we have ingeniously teased from the universe are the sorts of things that amaze me. The sensational (though unfounded) stories of UFOs can never measure up to the mind blowing KNOWN facts of the universe.

Ron
:)
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
I am not sure but I do not believe that the telescopes used by astronomers are made to view objects such as space craft. Quite honestly if there was a space craft in space when a telescope was trained and focused on a planet it would not be visible. Not to sure how much you guys know about photography and focus but if a wide aperture lens is focused at infinity most objects up close will just about disappear. that is actually how you can take a picture of a caged animal behind a chain link fence. Use a wide aperture and focus on the animal and the close chain link fence will disappear.

Besides that with even as many people watching the heavens as possible they have to be seeing a very miniscule part at any one time. Also if we are talking about a space craft we are talking about it flying very low in order to be spotted. Go at night or even the day and look up and you really have to strain to seen a plane and I believe they are probably flying much lower and slower than any space craft. Also as mentioned thousands of planes are in the air at one time yet how many do you see? I don't think there would be thousands of space craft flying around to be sighted.

Just a thought here. It has been asked why would the government hide it if there were visitors from outer space? Ask yourself this. Suppose that a space craft landed at a small local airport or town or whatever. What is the first thing that the government would do? Cordon off the area and make it inaccessible to the public. Why? I don't know. Maybe because they can. Who knows. But you can bet that is what would happen.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Human or extraterrerstrial? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL