The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Human or extraterrerstrial? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
General Zods and Megatrons I think most of them are out there.

Are we REALLY ready to defend ourselves?
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16030 Posts

Profile of tommy
Where is the planet Fetus?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2013-05-16 14:01, tommy wrote:
Where is the planet Fetus?

Near Uranus. Smile
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Pakar- if aliens arrived with hostile intent, we'd be dead. Any race that can travel faster than the speed of light has so far exceded our grasp of physics we'd have no chance to survive.

Our only hope during intelligent extraterrestrial contact would be that they were not, in fact, hostile.

Aside to Danny- I've done some reading on various sites, as a skeptic. In order to believe the current theories concerning alien contact, you'd need to believe seven impossible things before breakfast. They're interesting impossible things, as they neatly explain all the gaps in our scientific knowledge, but they rapidly go from merely implausible (electrogravitics) to ridiculous (telepathy) to tin-foil hat conspiracy (i.e. "They Live".)
But, you should be awarefnord-

-fnordJust saying.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
EsnRedshirt-

While I agree with you in general, I'm surprised that you refer to telepathy as "ridiculous." Whether or not it has been proven to naturally exist in humans is beside the point - it's already been demonstrated that implanted devices can effectively allow for telepathy, etc.
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Quote:
On 2013-05-16 14:40, mastermindreader wrote:
EsnRedshirt-

While I agree with you in general, I'm surprised that you refer to telepathy as "ridiculous." Whether or not it has been proven to naturally exist in humans is beside the point - it's already been demonstrated that implanted devices can effectively allow for telepathy, etc.
Yes, but instantaneous FTL telepathy/data transmission? Besides, the various literature indicates it's done without implants, so...
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Yes, instantaneous transmission presents insurmountable problems.

I'd hesitate, though, to refer to writings purporting to know how aliens communicate as being "literature."

:eek:
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2013-05-16 14:30, EsnRedshirt wrote:
Pakar- if aliens arrived with hostile intent, we'd be dead. Any race that can travel faster than the speed of light has so far exceded our grasp of physics we'd have no chance to survive.

Our only hope during intelligent extraterrestrial contact would be that they were not, in fact, hostile.

And that was the point I was getting at. Smile

General Zod and Megatron are both 'evil' aliens.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4919 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
what we found on Mars makes the Moon PALE in comparison!

1,000,000,000,000 x 0 = 0.
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1650 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Quote:

On 2013-05-16 11:29, Dougini wrote:

what we found on Mars makes the Moon PALE in comparison!

A lot of potholes ????????
silvercup
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of silvercup
Quote:
On 2013-05-16 12:09, Dannydoyle wrote:
Please study the science of space travel.

Known space travel.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20382 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yes Redshirt.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
197 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On 2013-05-16 11:29, Dougini wrote:
No doubt we are not alone. This thing is so insignificant to what is out there. If the NASA liars would tell us the truth about what we found on the Moon and Mars...there would be none of this speculation.

My friend who is a Lt. Col. (ret), said what we found on Mars makes the Moon PALE in comparison! And they LIE to us and keep us in the dark! No wonder there are such conspiracy theories. Why can't they just tell us the truth?

Doug

Sounds like a conclusion in search of evidence. How do you know we are not alone? What makes you think that NASA is lying about anything? What could possibly be on the Moon anyway? It's a desolate, lifeless piece of rock - one of billions in our solar system alone.

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

I know a retired Lt. Colonel who believes he's seen chupacabras and Bigfoot.
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Steven Greer is an interesting man, what's more interesting to me is that he's a practicing Bahai. Many friends I have in Perth know him quite well and vouch to his character. My friends say he is legitimately convinced that extra-terrestrial life has been encountered.

Maybe he's loopy, maybe he's not, but time will tell.

The law of probabilities dictates that we are close to definitely not alone, but again, if you want convincing evidence, time will tell

......in the meantime, go hug your mum, your wife, your kids, a random stranger.....you will be the cause of making their day as a result Smile

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
197 Posts

Profile of R.S.
[quote]On 2013-05-16 12:32, irossall wrote:
Quote:

If the Government is not keeping secrets about Mars, why don't we get to see ALL the photo's of Mars. Cydonia is the most interesting part of Mars, why don't we go there and explore. At least if the pyramids, walls and face are only our imaginations, NASA could stop or at least put a dent in some of the "cover up" stories we keep hearing. It was only a few years ago that most people never heard of HAARP. It wasn't until photo's were shown to the Government that they finaly came up with a story instead of a denial.
Don't believe everything any side tells you. Question the authorities and keep an open mind.
Iven Smile

Cydonia is just another example of pareidolia - our tendency to see patterns (particularly faces) in images. Look over the thousands of photos of the Moonscape, or of the Mars-scape, and you'll sooner or later see something that resembles dogs, birds, human feet, Richard Nixon... you name it. Besides, most mountains as seen from above can't help but have a vague resemblance to a head facing upwards - you have the general outline of a head and a nose-like protrusion for starters. Then with the right shadows and viewing angle... voila! Pareidolia also accounts for Jesus' appearance on toast. Or the devil in the smoke of the WTC fire of 9/11. Your brain can't help but to assign agenticity to face-resembling patterns. This behavior was probably essential from an evolutionary perspective, as dismissing that tiger in the tall grass, or the warrior from the opposing tribe, would likely get you killed. Better to see faces where there are none than to see none where there is danger.

But if you still insist that aliens constructed a face on Mars, doesn't it seem odd that they would go to all that trouble, and then leave absolutely no other trace of their existence? No bustling cities, no airports, no houses, no other monuments, no signs of activity whatsoever?

Ron
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
197 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On 2013-05-16 19:58, mastermindreader wrote:
I know a retired Lt. Colonel who believes he's seen chupacabras and Bigfoot.

Hanging out together?

Ron
:)
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
I wish them aliens would just come already.

Land in front of the UN.

That'd be fun. Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20382 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2013-05-16 16:44, silvercup wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-05-16 12:09, Dannydoyle wrote:
Please study the science of space travel.

Known space travel.

Yea the science of physics is known as physics.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
In answer to Ron's statement:

"But if you still insist that aliens constructed a face on Mars, doesn't it seem odd that they would go to all that trouble, and then leave absolutely no other trace of their existence? No bustling cities, no airports, no houses, no other monuments, no signs of activity whatsoever?"

Do you have "pareidolia" of the ears? When did I ever insist or even state that aliens did anything or even exsist? You are filling in gaps that don't exsist.

There are what appears to be pyramids and a walled in "city" with what looks like buildings.

All I did say is, NASA should land at Cydonia in order to prove or disprove the stories that are out there. Richard Hoagland has asked the people at NASA to do just that. The stories of Cydonia could finaly be put to rest.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Human or extraterrerstrial? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL