The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » TeleFoto is now available on Android (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
haninaguib
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of haninaguib
Quote:
On 2013-06-03 02:24, DutchFrank wrote:
The html-file works great!!

I do have an other question.

Sometimes I think I ended and exited. But to change something to my site I went to have a look, and my phone reacted. The app was still running ??
How do I make SURE en CHECK the app is running or not? Because when it is running (without me noing it), what happens when I try to start the app. Does it still react properly?? or does that mean the app is running twice?

Allthough I can do everything to my phone, go to my mail and all, that does not mean the app is stopped. And if it is not, how can I make it to stop?

don't exit the app when you are monitoring, the app will continue to monitor if you do (this is on purpose). Ie hit Done button to stop monitoring.

As for the problem where the app gets in a state where vibrations seem to get messed up, Greg will release a new version of the Android app later today that should fix that. Essentially there is a bug if you hit the back button while monitoring and then restart the app, which causes the app to monitor two time over.

Regards,
Hani
DutchFrank
View Profile
Special user
Has a fence with
541 Posts

Profile of DutchFrank
So, with the new version when accidently hit the back button and restarting the app, is no problem anymore? Because to get back into the app, you HAVE to restart it.

And if accidently exited while monitoring, will restarting the app / selecting the same album / end the monitoring with Done, stop it all for a save exit?

Will my current version automatically be replaced by the new release or do I have to do something?

Questions, questions, questions........
Forgive me any language mistakes.

I'm Dutch.
haninaguib
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of haninaguib
Quote:
On 2013-06-03 04:57, DutchFrank wrote:
So, with the new version when accidently hit the back button and restarting the app, is no problem anymore? Because to get back into the app, you HAVE to restart it.

And if accidently exited while monitoring, will restarting the app / selecting the same album / end the monitoring with Done, stop it all for a save exit?

Will my current version automatically be replaced by the new release or do I have to do something?

Questions, questions, questions........

Update through Google Play Store
KLG
View Profile
Veteran user
Hong Kong
348 Posts

Profile of KLG
Just downloaded this morning. Really brilliant idea.

My only concern is that the URL of the photo album actually contains the app name "tele-foto". I'm sure some curious guys will check the URL and will be able find the app by simply searching.
haninaguib
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of haninaguib
Quote:
On 2013-06-10 00:06, KLG wrote:

My only concern is that the URL of the photo album actually contains the app name "tele-foto". I'm sure some curious guys will check the URL and will be able find the app by simply searching.

This has been discussed before. There are multiple solutions including using your own urls. check the forum for more details.
KLG
View Profile
Veteran user
Hong Kong
348 Posts

Profile of KLG
Thanks for pointing that out. Will do the search work. Seems the app has a lot more potential than I expected.

Quote:
On 2013-06-10 01:42, haninaguib wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-06-10 00:06, KLG wrote:

This has been discussed before. There are multiple solutions including using your own urls. check the forum for more details.
KLG
View Profile
Veteran user
Hong Kong
348 Posts

Profile of KLG
I've found that the app is not responding correctly when the phone's screen is off with pattern lock. I switched to the slide lock and the problem seems to be gone. Will further test it and will share the results.

BTW I'm using a Galaxy Nexus.
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of rasp
Is there a problem with '333pics.com'?

I only get a blank screen with the message 'Loading Album'. First time that has happened.
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of rasp
Have just had to change the HTML code back to the original 'para.ms' and now everything is working again...... very strange!

Greg any ideas?

Regards'

Ian.
KLG
View Profile
Veteran user
Hong Kong
348 Posts

Profile of KLG
Changing the lockscreen is not the answer. Seems the only way to ensure the app will respond correctly is to keep the screen on. At least that's true on my phone.

Quote:
On 2013-06-10 09:00, KLG wrote:
I've found that the app is not responding correctly when the phone's screen is off with pattern lock. I switched to the slide lock and the problem seems to be gone. Will further test it and will share the results.

BTW I'm using a Galaxy Nexus.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Ian,

333pics.com is reserved for users that want to append their album id to the end of the address.

For example, my Vegas album is:
333pics.com/?id=2-1

If you just go to 333pics.com without the last part of "?id=x-y" then it'll only say "Loading Album" and nothing will happen.

cheers,
Greg
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of rasp
Thanks Greg.........I understand that, and that is the way I used it to embed an iframe into my blog. Worked like a charm, but yesterday it would not load the album.

I have gone back to the para.ms and it works fine again.

Ian.

PS I sent you a PM asking if you had the time to look at the blog and let me have any feedback, good or bad. Im self taught and its the first time I've tried anything like that.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Ian,

I would love to look at your blog.

Send me the link.
Greg
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of rasp
Thanks Greg, I have sent pm with link.

Ian.
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
TeleFoto has inspired me!

I was/am a graphic designer, and have gone back to Illustrator and Photoshop with some killer ideas. I am creating an "Extension Pack" for Telephoto, with perhaps 7-10 main albums, each with a bonus album for those with Alzheimers. These will be professionally done, complete with "easy code" and "Alzheimers code" and killer ideas of how to use them, along with additional information.

An example:
"Dogs of the World" inspired by Larry Davidson, has
An easy alphabet code for 26 breeds with flashcard album.
Alzheimer code for ten breeds of medium to large size, with a flash card album. Each of the 10 will have a "double" with a different picture of the breed making it a total of 20 different pictures of 10 breeds, often in different color combinations.
Each "Dogs of the World" logo is playfully and professionally done.
The "Dogs of the World" logo for use on your website.
Each photo is iPhone 5 optimized because a future version of TeleFoto will allow no compression.
Include 3 or more "Fun Facts" on each dog to help you maintain the illusion of being an expert, as well as performance ideas.

Most of these will use either quality public domain photos, or photos I own from back in the day of publishing. Most will have professionally done logos on each photo, and the logos will also be available for use on your website! Each will have "Fun Facts", easy and alzheimer codes as well as presentation ideas. A few albums like "Film Flam" use copyrighted posters, so I will not provide the graphic, but I will provide a link to the graphic on Wikipedia for easy downloading. Because of this there will not be any logo on the photo either. For longer descriptions, I provide a link to Wikipedia as well.

Right now I have
1) "Color ESP" album w/Institute for the ESP Testing logo, an easy code, an Alzheimer code, Fun Facts on ESP, performance ideas.
2) "Dogs of the World" album w/professional logo, easy code, an Alzheimer code, Fun Facts on each breed, performance ideas.
3) "Film Flam" album w/logo (for website, not on pictures), links to sized posters, links to each movie summary, performance ideas.

. . . and will soon have
4) "Tarot" album
5) "Playing Card" album
6) "Antique Car" album
7) "Celebrity" album

. . . and possibly

8) "Foods" album
9) "Bird" album
10) "Band" album (music)
11) "TV Show" album

I am looking for new ideas. If you PM me an original idea (that I have not thought about), and I use it, I will give you this expansion pack.

Otherwise, I am thinking of selling it for $19.95

Now, a bit of mentalism of my own. "Yes, this is ok with Greg."

Please PM me your thoughts!

Here is the first Color ESP photo, and the first Dog photo

Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Super work KC.

Did you get my e mails ok?
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Steve, I did, and will send you the whole pack in the (near) future. it is 3:35 a.m. and I just finished "Vectorizing" the Tarot (major) - the Minor will have to be peek only I think. The Rider-Waite deck became public domain world wide in January!
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
We just finished a big feature request for teleFoto.

In the latest version of teleFoto for Android, you can now type in more that just 0,1 for the vibration codes.

Your vibration code can be 123 . . . !?

In the settings of teleFoto, if you set the duration to 200ms:

A 0 (zero) would pause for 200ms.
A 1 would vibrate for 200ms
2 = 400ms
3 = 600ms
And so on . . .

With this new system you can create your own custom vibration codes that are "better than binary".

I personally use a 4 bit system of short and long codes to communicate 16 variables in less than 2.4 seconds.

For the short pulse I use a 1 and for the long I use a 3.
So my vibration codes always have four digits and look like this . . . 3113

We are still looking for a solution for iOS to have short and long vibration codes (the current iPhone version does only 0,1).

The Android version is already available for download.
I would love to hear from my Android users about this addition to teleFoto.

all the best,
Greg Rostami
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Im really upset with all these great apps for ANDROID and my Android Google Nexus 7 is incompatible with them..the only one that Greg has put out that works on it is Iforce...so why shouldn't the other work...

I hope in the future when it says available for Android it would be tested and make sure anything Android will work with it

Sorry for the rant
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » TeleFoto is now available on Android (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL