The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Waist amp (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Wes Holly
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore, MD
639 Posts

Profile of Wes Holly
Linking this ad here. They project well for circle shows. Also nice for when you don't want to carry a larger system or as a backup for when you don't have access to electricity.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=79
Happily Yours,
Wes Holly
www.wesholly.com
Baltimore, MD, USA
magic123
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of magic123
Guys The PRO here , Tom Frank , Bob Maverick, George gilbert ,Michael Lee , Gazzo, cellini Gary animal
are all trying to help , so PLEASE LISTEN instead of asking a thousand and one Questions.

Once and For ALL Purchase only Quality Gear, Cups , Mics , Speakers , & Tables , you have All been given this Info for Yrs Now .
Sorry but the Vest Amp is a Waste of Money ! you will not be heard wityh this rig.
Invest in a Good Anchor , Mini Mouse , Create , Amp Can, ALL are Great Amps That get the Job done, Unless you delude your self that crap will get you by so If you want to throw awat money get this or the happy amp , You will find yourself Very Un -happy in a short time ,
This will not hold up to real world Street performing.

magic123
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2732 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Have either of you actually worked with this item?
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Wes Holly
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore, MD
639 Posts

Profile of Wes Holly
I have worked with this particular amp and it does well. Keeps a clearer sound at higher volumes without distortion than other comparable models. All waist packs are not the same.

Is it as good as a bigger and more expensive system? No, but you need to consider the size of the audience and how much stuff you want to lug around. Most circle shows have an audience of 50-75 ppl. Do you really need a speaker that can handle 150 ppl? If you are in an large amphitheater situation or perform in the round, then ya, you might want a full system. On a regular pitch this will do a satisfactory job.
Happily Yours,
Wes Holly
www.wesholly.com
Baltimore, MD, USA
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2732 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Fair enough. magic123, have you used or seen used this particular system?
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Zack
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

Profile of Zack
I can't speak to the waist amp that is the subject of this email.

However, the amps that magic123 mentions are all very heavy.

The Amp Can in particular is a piece of s%$%! Its not very loud, the sound is tinny. The biggest problem, however is the shape. It won't stack, it won't fit into anything. I had to take this supersmall amp and put it in a milkcrate, giving it similar dimensions to my crate taxi.

I liked my pignose 20. 5 watts more than the amp can and I could carry it in a backpack. Problem is the batteries die easily and are expensive to replace.

The belt amps sound interesting. Might give you a bit of a boost without having to carry much. I hear Fender makes a good one.

These days I'm just projecting my voice. I guess that means I'm not a professional?
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1167 Posts

Profile of imgic
I think projecting your voice makes all the more professional.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Waist amp (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL