The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » US coin. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kenllh
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of kenllh
What types of coins do you all usually use to practise?
I come from singapore, I think our 50cent coins is about the same as your US half dollar.
Bong780
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
172 Posts

Profile of Bong780
The diameter of a US half dollar is 30mm. If you have a local currency the same size, use it! However if you need other gaff coins you still need to work on US halfs anyways. Get some halfs and use both.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Our Maltese Lira is aso the size of a US Half, but rather tick. It is difficult for me to Goshman Pinch it as I have long thin fingers. What are the sizes of the larger US coins, please?

Thanks. Smile
Yours,

Ivan
oldguy
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of oldguy
Ivan, The old style US silver dollar is 38mm, The newer gold colored dollar is 26mm. The newer silver colored with angular edges is the same. The quarter is 24mm. I'm measuring these as I speak but I'm not using a machinist rule so they are approximate measurements. They're probably within .5 mm. Hope this helps. Tom
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Thanks a lot Tom. This has been very helpful.

Is the old style US dollar 1 or half?
Yours,

Ivan
oldguy
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of oldguy
Niva, It's one dollar face value but actually worth about $10. We used to call them Cartwheels when I was young. It has 1 ounce of silver, I believe. By the way it is about 3mm thick. The half dollar is 30mm in diameter and 2 mm thick in somewhat worn silver, but closer to 3mm in uncirculated silver and about 2.5 mm in the new "clad" material. The new gold colored dollars are very close to US quarter dollar size but thicker like the new half. Tom
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » US coin. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL