The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Zingana Box by Magic Wagon (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
Mine arrived today in Chicago. Really amazingly fast delivery and well packed.
Quality if props are as expected and previously stated, very high.
Method... Not sure. I've not even practiced it so
Much performed it but it is certainly NOT self working.
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
648 Posts

Profile of johndevacmaker
I have always been impressed with Penguins postal service to me in the U.K usually 3/4 days from USA
But from Thailand , ordered Monday morning and delivered Wednesday morning I was open mouthed in disbelief when I opened the door to the delivery man.
But as well as the incredible service the Zingana box and contents are outstanding quality and a great routine.
Looking forward to performing this.
A massive thank you to Magic Wagon
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Received mine today. I'm still waiting on another order from here in the states, and it's been more than a week. I think the real magic is how these guys ship so fast. I think they know their customer base...pre-package...and take advantage of the time difference...which is basically 8 hours in the future from the states give or take. So, it's not that hard when you think about it...attain a Flux Capacitor, and go from there. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeLorean_time_machine
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
So I have checked out the box, props and routine. Here is a short review:

Quality is sky high. There are no complaints here. The box, internal gimmick and props are all done very very well.

Directions and routine: The directions are very brief. One double sided sheet of paper with a few small photos. While serviceable I would have liked to see a but more detail.
There is no routine to speak of. They give a very simple overview of a performance but the patter and most of the performance will need to be devised by the purchaser.

Method: There are several principles at play. All are sound though the brass plaque method is not as clean and open as the description implies. The method here works but requires guidance by the performer and limits as to which engraved items may be chosen. I think this may disappoint some.

Overall: it is an impressive extremely high quality item. I think the workmanship merits the price. As an actual effect goes it is not as strong as the description implies. The cities visited is a blind selection (the audience member chooses three cards but in unaware of what they are until the revelation). The brass plaque selection is not a free choice and a bit labored. Still, for the average audience a three phase prediction will wow them.

Collectability: through the roof. The limited run, the high quality and the beauty of the box and props makes it an easy buy for a collector.
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
One additional comment:

The box could be used for other prediction effects. You could do away with the entire vacation routine if you like and apy the same principles to devise your own effect.
magringo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sad that all I have is a scant
326 Posts

Profile of magringo
On a scale of 1 to 10 -- 10 being the best... I'd say 7.5 but it is a thing of beauty for sure... any other votes?
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
I'd say you are about right with the 7.5. On a grading scale it's like a B- maybe. The quality is an A for sure... For collectors of this type of thing though its great.
saverle
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands
114 Posts

Profile of saverle
I also received my Zingana Box today. At first instance, I was a little bit disappointed about the simpleness of the gimmick in the box. But, when I performed this trick, all my doubts melted away instantly! What a great reaction I got! This is a total mystery for the spectator! I've never seen a spectator so surprised! So, yes, this IS a great concept! I am really very glad that I own this trick, and I am gonna perform this very often!!! It's also very fun to perform!!! The whole routine is so clever! Compliments to everybody at Magic Wagon!!!!
magicjosh2
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester. UK.
134 Posts

Profile of magicjosh2
[quote]On 2013-05-29 17:37, saverle wrote:
I also received my Zingana Box today. At first instance, I was a little bit disappointed about the simpleness of the gimmick in the box. But, when I performed this trick, all my doubts melted away instantly! What a great reaction I got! This is a total mystery for the spectator! I've never seen a spectator so surprised! So, yes, this IS a great concept! I am really very glad that I own this trick, and I am gonna perform this very often!!! It's also very fun to perform!!! The whole routine is so clever! Compliments to everybody at Magic Wagon!!!!

After just receiving mine I have to agree 100% whole heartedly, the quality of this is a real shining example that one would expect for the initial outlay of cash spent on this. The quality of the box and the beautiful finish along with its accompanying components truly promote and compliment this effect into a class of it's own.
I'm also glad I managed to get one of these collection pieces for myself. After having tried this out in practice sessions and addaptIng a good presentational script to it, it should be a really nice effect to perform, a real good feel factor effect.
Best Wishes,
Mark
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Special user
Bangkok Thailand
840 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
The guys at Magic Wagon have asked me to thank everyone for your kind comments regarding the Zingana Box. I know they have a number of new items scheduled for release this year so keep watching out.

Tony
Over 100 previous Magic Wagon effects along with descriptions,
images & videos can now be viewed on my website.

Click Here
magicjosh2
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester. UK.
134 Posts

Profile of magicjosh2
Will look forward to seeing what Magic Wagon has to offer in the line of future releases. If the standard of quality is anything like this Tony then people will certainly be interested. Please keep us updated on the progress.
Best Wishes,
Mark
magringo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sad that all I have is a scant
326 Posts

Profile of magringo
I know I'm going to get blasted for writing this...but what can I say -- didn't take long for steverino99 to sell this on ebay for $100 more than MW offered it at the public opening. I just hate to see those who want to buy it from MW directly can't because scalpers buy them up right away only to sell ... ugh.
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Special user
Bangkok Thailand
840 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
Quote:
On 2013-05-30 21:08, magringo wrote:
I know I'm going to get blasted for writing this...but what can I say -- didn't take long for steverino99 to sell this on ebay for $100 more than MW offered it at the public opening. I just hate to see those who want to buy it from MW directly can't because scalpers buy them up right away only to sell ... ugh.

I agree it is annoying for the serious collector but also shows that Magic Wagon items can only go up in value.

Tony

Click Here
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
It is what it is.... that's supply and demand and a HUGE reason why Magic Wagon is successful. If this and other MW effects were readily available all the time they would still be great effects and well made, but not as much in demand.

Peopel buying just to sell them is simply a fact of life. Rather than looking at it as a negative think that at least the buyer was able to obtain it.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Don't see what the problem is with resales at a mark up. MW's marketing and production schedule practically encourages this. The main question is whether the final purchaser receives value for his money, and only he or she can decide that. It's nice that we have a global marketplace like FleaBay where we can get a second shot at things we missed the first time around, albeit at a premium.

If you think that magic tricks are marked up, check out the current prices on Ebay for vintage and limited edition guitars. Yikes!
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Special user
Bangkok Thailand
840 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
Quote:
On 2013-05-31 22:26, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
If you think that magic tricks are marked up, check out the current prices on Ebay for vintage and limited edition guitars. Yikes!

Your correct and try finding a new Rolex Daytona watch at the normal list price.

Tony

Click Here
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
[/quote]
Your correct and try finding a new Rolex Daytona watch at the normal list price.

Tony
[/quote]

.... magic business is treating Tony well Smile ..... kidding

John
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Wish Magic Wagon had emailed me about this as they promised when new items were coming out...

Congrats to those that go this and are enjoying it Smile.
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Steverino, on E you know wha,t is trying to sell one for $333.

What was the original price?
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Special user
Bangkok Thailand
840 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
Quote:
On 2013-06-05 00:53, that'sCool wrote:
Steverino, on E you know wha,t is trying to sell one for $333.

What was the original price?

Magic Wagon sold it for $245.00.

Tony

Click Here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Zingana Box by Magic Wagon (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL